Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

This company has turned into a nightmare over the last 5 years. Managers have no route experience. Somehow they read the ridiculous route standards guide and judge us on that. They push products out in shippers that sit and stale instead of letting us find the appropriate place to try to sell it. Then tell us its our fault when it stales out. They forceship too much product. The trucks aren't maintained. I'm sure that if DOT audited our trucks we would be shut down nationwide. But we are a culture of safety and every injury in this very strenuous job is our fault.

My ZBM runs a shoestring crew making people travel an hour and half away to cover routes instead of having enough extras. He gets a bonus and we get upset children and spouses.
Chester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

Well quit.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Frito RSR wrote:
<quoted text>
Iwas thinking of asking for your help with an out of control DSL candidate who is scheduled to be certified this next tuesday. He is walking around handing out write ups like they were candy. I got one, first one ever in a long history as an RSR, a 35 year veteran of frito just got one, another 2 that I know of and those were just the first 2 I checked with. The reasons for these seem capricious and mean spirited. He is confrontational and impossible to talk to. Working for him has become a nightmare, he can do no wrong and we it seems deserve write ups for just about anything. Going to the D.C. is a trial and I and I'm sure almost everyone else in my district would agree. To be treated so disrespectfully and callously is a real kick in the teeth after the enormous efforts I make for this job every day, nothing is ever enough nothing is ever good enough and there is always something, I don't care how good an RSR you are, that they can find to write you up for and eventually terminate you. It seems as though frito doesn't like us and would like to get rid of us, that we're always walking on egg shells. really saddens me to think of what could be an enjoyable job and what mgt. has done to it. There's no camaradarie partly I believe due to us constantly being compared to one another. At least twice a week every week we receive voice mails teling us who was first in sales and second for that week, then by district and then monthly and on and on.
Ther's so much more but after my 12 hour day I need to do a grid log and get something to eat, you can sign me
deeply disallussioned
Happening everywhere in Jonesboro. Hospitals too. They are getting rid of long time employees making a little money and benefits and hiring new ppl making a lot less. Do you guys not have a union?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Down Hill wrote:
This company has turned into a nightmare over the last 5 years. Managers have no route experience. Somehow they read the ridiculous route standards guide and judge us on that. They push products out in shippers that sit and stale instead of letting us find the appropriate place to try to sell it. Then tell us its our fault when it stales out. They forceship too much product. The trucks aren't maintained. I'm sure that if DOT audited our trucks we would be shut down nationwide. But we are a culture of safety and every injury in this very strenuous job is our fault.
My ZBM runs a shoestring crew making people travel an hour and half away to cover routes instead of having enough extras. He gets a bonus and we get upset children and spouses.
Hey don't you know that the only things you are allowed to talk about that pertain to you is football, basketball and rappers? LOL
At least you are talking about something like mismanagement instead of all the gossip bs rumors on here like some ho at the place being paid to sleep with married men or some crazy girl who tells all the other girls to stay away from some guy not because she don't want him talking to other girls but rather because she is just watching out for them because he is known for not wanting serious relationships. LOL
Seriously though it does seem like everybody is complaining about their jobs on this site no matter where you work. Must not just be a Frito Lay thing.
I am in that special group of people who have the right to complain so what i got to say is that management doesn't care about you and that you are trying to raise kids while keeping your job. All they care about is you sitting at your desk and getting cramped up as long as you get your work done. And you got people complaining about physical work. At least these people get to actually move around and stay loose and keep their muscles from atrophying.
I guess the only difference between one job and another is the drive that you drive on with your tires that leads to the place where you work at.
barbershop

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Chester wrote:
Well quit.
who the maintance guy on 3rd shift who walks around like he is a bad ass. 1989 called they want their dew rag back. Let it go buddy your bald. You ride around on a Harley production bike and wear all black your SCAREY. Do me a favor don't change a thing you make me chuckle every time you walk by "bad ass"
curious

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

I been tring to ge on at Frito for awile. I'd love to work there. I have a lot of friends who do.
Bald Doo rag guy

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

barbershop wrote:
<quoted text>
who the maintance guy on 3rd shift who walks around like he is a bad ass. 1989 called they want their dew rag back. Let it go buddy your bald. You ride around on a Harley production bike and wear all black your SCAREY. Do me a favor don't change a thing you make me chuckle every time you walk by "bad ass"
I'll tell you what. Why dont you be a bad ass and put your name on here. That's what I thought. Coward.
DONNA DABO

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

I love them damn cornchips! Slathered with chili, chopped up hot dogs, a big o onion, bacon bits, and cheese! I usually eat the whole family sized bag by myself.
Bald doo rag guys tho? I don't think so, even I wouldn't do him, or gobble his hot dog, even if you slathered him with chili and cheese.
kp

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Bald Doo rag guy wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you what. Why dont you be a bad ass and put your name on here. That's what I thought. Coward.
easy there big guy. Your not johnny cash. Your just a bald dew rag wearing dude. I would tell my name but that would take the amusement you give me every time you walk by Where did you get the mag lite holder?(Can you say stocking stuffer)
Bilal S

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

fritohater wrote:
Frito lay has got to be one of the largest, worst places to work. As big as it is the management is HORRIBLE.
For starters they give you alot to work for. I mean it its a 3 man job. Sales, driver, merchandiser. Its not for everyone and no matter how much you put out. Its never appreciated. Not to mention the forced out clo's that the stores don't need and eventually you will have to take those expired chips out. What a drag and with the expansions of shelvings doesnt help. Whoever created that idea i pressume got promoted. Bottom line frito has already reach its peak and now with new competitors such as takis utz and private label brands of grocery. Something will have to give and thats the downfall of this giant.
you are so right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

Bilal S wrote:
<quoted text>For starters they give you alot to work for. I mean it its a 3 man job. Sales, driver, merchandiser. Its not for everyone and no matter how much you put out. Its never appreciated. Not to mention the forced out clo's that the stores don't need and eventually you will have to take those expired chips out. What a drag and with the expansions of shelvings doesnt help. Whoever created that idea i pressume got promoted. Bottom line frito has already reach its peak and now with new competitors such as takis utz and private label brands of grocery. Something will have to give and thats the downfall of this giant.
It's a hell hole with greedy, satanic people in charge who don't care how many they kill to get their fat bonuses. I heard they're putting their robots on the floor again, too, the ones that killed at least one man at another plant, just because they think it makes them look good in Plano when all it does is show what stupid asses they are and how little they care about the people who actually do the work there. I know lots of people who work there, lots more who tried it and just couldn't take the abuse. The resources had better enjoy their ill-gotten gains while they can because it's not going to do them one bit of good in hell.
wondering

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

I hate that they wont crew you out until an hour before your shifts of won't answer the phone!
3rd shift maintenance guy

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

barbershop wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont, sugartits
Downhill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

Bilal S wrote:
<quoted text>For starters they give you alot to work for. I mean it its a 3 man job. Sales, driver, merchandiser. Its not for everyone and no matter how much you put out. Its never appreciated. Not to mention the forced out clo's that the stores don't need and eventually you will have to take those expired chips out. What a drag and with the expansions of shelvings doesnt help. Whoever created that idea i pressume got promoted. Bottom line frito has already reach its peak and now with new competitors such as takis utz and private label brands of grocery. Something will have to give and thats the downfall of this giant.
I was told by the ZSL that clo's causing stale is bullshit...and that's exactly what he said. Poundage on the floor doesn't mean its going to sell. Just like putting profitable items like bean dip out just means that it will take a while to get it out of the back of the store. They also are trying to get rid of 1.09's because 1.49's are more profitable. But when your competitors are at .99 your screwed. Its time for management to step aside and let all of us do our job. We're not out to short our own paycheck.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Judged:

Downhill wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told by the ZSL that clo's causing stale is bullshit...and that's exactly what he said. Poundage on the floor doesn't mean its going to sell. Just like putting profitable items like bean dip out just means that it will take a while to get it out of the back of the store. They also are trying to get rid of 1.09's because 1.49's are more profitable. But when your competitors are at .99 your screwed. Its time for management to step aside and let all of us do our job. We're not out to short our own paycheck.
It makes no sense to produce something just to be producing something so you can produce a loss by staling out all of your profits because you can not match competitor prices I can tell you that the costly reasons Frito can not match competitor prices is not because of the cost of what the employees on the floor in the plant are getting paid. I am not saying that all the profits are being eaten up by all levels of what the management team is paid, I am just saying that the floor employees got a meager raise is all so you can't blame costs on what the floor employees are earning.
The company is doing something right though. Pepsico made $5 billion dollars in net profits as of the latest quarter this year out of a total revenue of about $46 billion. How much of this belongs to the Frito Lay part of Pepsico and out of the plant in Jonesboro I don't know.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

You should be glad to have a job in this economy. I bet there are several people who have lost their job and about to lose their homes and everything they have that would trade places with you. So before you complain about your meager raise you should be thankful you even got a raise.
just wait

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

iffen you hates it now you shore will hate it mo when dem robots is runn into you
Smack the crack

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Guest wrote:
You should be glad to have a job in this economy. I bet there are several people who have lost their job and about to lose their homes and everything they have that would trade places with you. So before you complain about your meager raise you should be thankful you even got a raise.
You should tell those several people who are about to lose everything to get off their fat asses and apply for a job out at Frito. They hire quite a few every year and those several people could keep their everything they have
you got issues

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Well look at you getting all mr. sensitive. Why all the sensitivity?
The poster was merely stating that the hourly employee's paychecks is not the reason for high costs and using the meager raise to back it up in response to some route driver talking about frito lay prices competing against other competitor prices.
But is that all your intelligence allows you to say? Just be thankful to have a job in this bad economy? I bet you think you own the place don't you? haha!
Well from the looks of some of the threads on this site it seems like a whole lot of employees everywhere are tired of employers using this against them.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

just wait wrote:
iffen you hates it now you shore will hate it mo when dem robots is runn into you
this looks like a threat

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

127 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Jonesboro, AR (Jul '10) 28 min squeesers & sprin Thingy 1,076
Did you hear what Sean Hannity just said? 31 min guest 4
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 44 min Read the Headlines 9,796
I miss you 45 min smiley face 1
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 49 min Puppets 29,107
George Zimmerman (Jul '13) 1 hr Jeremy 175
The O's give thanks to Muslims for building the... 1 hr guest 9
milita heading to the border 2 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 506
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 3 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 2,483
Vote on Mouse's Biggest Lie 3 hr Rupert B Jigglebottom 38
Wet/Dry issue 4 hr Dry County Drinker 281
Eric Burch..Buyers Beware 7 hr guest 41
•••
•••
•••