First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Branson, MO

#1 Oct 20, 2009
Endocrinology Dr. Kevin Ganong. Has anybody seen him? What did you think? How did it turn out? Did he do what was best for you?
True

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Oct 20, 2009
He is your only choice in Jonesboro. Lucky for you he is very good. He helped me.

Branson, MO

#3 Oct 20, 2009
Thanks. I'm very nervous about going & my friends and family had never heard of him *but I haven't lived in the Jonesboro area long* I hadn't really even heard of an Endocrinologist but I have been reading on it. Thanks again
dog chalk

United States

#4 Oct 20, 2009
he reminds me of dr. house from tv.

Leesville, LA

#5 Oct 20, 2009
well, he's smart and up on the latest evidence. He's not exactly the friendliest thing that ever walked, but sometimes the best Dr's aren't

Branson, MO

#6 Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the warning lol. So he's not one of those doctors that will run every test ever made and run ya in debt?

Leesville, LA

#7 Oct 20, 2009
what is the reason for seeing him?? I think he does really well managing Diabetic patients. If you go see him for some vague symptoms, I'm sure he will have to run tests to figure out what is going on. I don't see him as someone who would needlessly do tests to rack up a bill though.
yep

United States

#8 Oct 20, 2009
did see him but wernt no better off than with reg doc and he cost more

Branson, MO

#9 Oct 20, 2009
Thyroid problems

Little Rock, AR

#10 Oct 20, 2009
Great doctor, and a nice guy. He is very intelligent, and has a very dry wit. Some may mistake that as being "not exactly the friendliest thing..." but I assure you that he is far from UNfriendly. He'll talk to you as long as you like, too... never in a hurry to cut & run.
True

Mountain Home, AR

#11 Oct 20, 2009
Mine was parathyroid. He found the problem, then I chose a surgeon and all went well.
Emily

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Oct 20, 2009
My little sister have type 1 dia. and he is awesome with her. She found out when she was 5 and now 10. She is now on an insulin pump. He may be a little extra money but hey he's worth it.
Jennifer

Ruston, LA

#13 Oct 20, 2009
I've used him but he didn't do what he was suppose to, so it caused me alot of problems that I am still living with. Had to go to Memphis to get things on the right track. They have many good endo's over there and they actually care about their patients. Gangong cares about the buck. Just not right when they do people that way. He could have saved me alot of pain and suffering. His office staff is snobby too. I always tried to be friendly with them. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I'D RATHER DRIVE TO MEMPHIS WHERE THEY ACT LIKE THEY CARE,,,,,

Little Rock, AR

#15 Oct 21, 2009
Jennifer wrote:
I've used him but he didn't do what he was suppose to, so it caused me alot of problems that I am still living with. Had to go to Memphis to get things on the right track. They have many good endo's over there and they actually care about their patients. Gangong cares about the buck. Just not right when they do people that way. He could have saved me alot of pain and suffering. His office staff is snobby too. I always tried to be friendly with them. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I'D RATHER DRIVE TO MEMPHIS WHERE THEY ACT LIKE THEY CARE,,,,,
Wow... 13 posts and yours is the only one expressing sour grapes. Why do you suppose that you're the ONLY person with anything negative to say?
live and learn

Mountain Home, AR

#16 Oct 21, 2009
I was diagnosed with type II diabetes. Went to Ganong for 18 months, put up with his snobby, smart a*s attitude and still felt terrible, gained 30lbs and decided to try a different doctor. Went to Little Rock, found a wonderful doctor that treated me like a person! First dr. visit he found I had thyroid problems as well and put me on thyroid meds, as well as changed my diabetes medicine. Was feeling like a new person in two weeks. How Ganong missed the thyroid problem is a mystery to me as they did blood work every three months! Will not go back to Ganong, wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!!!! Since then I have found out from several people that they had the same experience with Ganong, just no other doctors in that field in this area. My overall health improvement was and is worth the trip to Little Rock for my doctor visits!!!

Now Jennifer isn't the only person with a negative comment. I don't think this is a case of sour grapes either since I gave him 18 months to help me and he didn't!

Fisher, AR

#17 Oct 21, 2009
I have a friend who has diabetes and had to go to this clinic. I don't know that he ever saw the doctor, just the nurse practitioner.
Mary

Trumann, AR

#18 Jun 24, 2012
I used him for Thyroid and was having blood pressure problems as well.It has been about 5 years since I saw him ,but he helped me so much...I would recommend him....
babymoma

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jun 24, 2012
Guest wrote:
I have a friend who has diabetes and had to go to this clinic. I don't know that he ever saw the doctor, just the nurse practitioner.
if you'd like more info on JDRF on type 1 please leave an email and we can get you more information. Based out of little rock.
cavewoman

Cave City, AR

#20 Aug 27, 2012
Does anyone happen to have his e mail address, I have had trouble getting my son into an endo. and I would like to send him pictures of my son and ask a few questions before making an appointment.
sugamomma

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Aug 27, 2012
JDRF walk downtown Jonesboro. Oct 20th

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min Dr King 39,524
Question 34 min Rose 6
Dem calls for all NFL players to kneel during n... 1 hr guest 126
Manafort To Be Indicted 1 hr guest 3
Steroids 1 hr guest 17
Greg Allen 1 hr Anonymous 2
cusi 2 hr Software for all 13

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance