Asphalt paving and sealcoating gypsies

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Bono, AR

#1 Jul 27, 2010
There is a group of gypsy contractors who have descended upon Jonesboro, AR. They do asphalt paving and sealcoating. They are based out of a trailer park located on Parker Road next to harbor freight tools. These individuals are NOT locally owned and operated, so deal with them at your own risk!!! They will tell you they are from Jonesboro, but they go from community to community doing as much work as possible, and disappear without a trace. I am a local college student who does seal coating, parking lot striping, crack repair, and pothole repair to make ends meet while I go to school. If you would like to deal with someone who is local, and trustworthy send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP.
Furtive Movements

Deridder, LA

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Asphaltsealcoater wrote:
I am a local college student who does seal coating, parking lot striping, crack repair, and pothole repair to make ends meet while I go to school. If you would like to deal with someone who is local, and trustworthy send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP.
As a college student, you should be socially aware to the extent of realizing that they are not Gypsies. They are Irish Travelers. Get your ethnic slurs straight, young man.

Since: Jun 10

Bono, AR

#3 Jul 27, 2010
The term gypsy is not reflective upon the ethnicity of these individuals. It is relative to their nomadic behavior as they travel from one area to the next. It is a common term in this trade and not intended to be a racial slur.
Dana

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 16, 2010
I grew up in White Hall, AR, which had one of the largest gypsy communities in the state. "Gypsy" is what they chose to call themselves. Any of my gypsy schoolmates from those days would be baffled to hear you say it is an ethnic slur. From what I understand, they still refer to themselves as such.
whatthe

Trumann, AR

#5 Sep 16, 2010
I agree,having known some of them personally.They do not consider the name a racial slur.That is what they themselves say.Irish Travelers isn't correct,either.I believe they originated in Hungary,Poland,Russia,Germany, etc.Not to say that there are no Irish gypsies,but,they're not primarily Irish nor originated from Ireland.

While I am at it,Asphaltsealcoater,we have a parking pad at our residence that has cracked badly.Would you be willing to evaluate that? How do we get in touch with you?
jesse

Epworth, IA

#6 Sep 20, 2010
I have three parking lots done that I own by who you are calling gypsys I love the work it has held up great it's been five years there is lots of comptetion out there so move on buddy get over IT!!!
Unknown

Little Rock, AR

#7 Sep 20, 2010
They are Americans, last names Williams,mcnalley,coopers..ect ..
Unknown

Little Rock, AR

#8 Sep 20, 2010
And yes deal with them at ur own risk..although there is a another family that do that kinda of work and they are local and they do wonderful work I have delt with them they do GREAT work there last name is batchelar I can tell u how to get in touch with them just email me cenas_girl_08 at yahoo.com
OKGYPSY

United States

#9 Nov 20, 2010
Furtive Movements wrote:
<quoted text>
As a college student, you should be socially aware to the extent of realizing that they are not Gypsies. They are Irish Travelers. Get your ethnic slurs straight, young man.
OK well I do Sealcoating as well and I am proud to stand and say I am a GYPSY my family works really hard to take care of our wife and Kids So To everyone that dont like us u can stay away from us... You Get mad an call us thieves because you say we charge to much ITS CALLED BUSINESS.... And I promise you this you will never see a better JOB then when we do it...I have seen the work of both and we just do it better PS And are woman are HOTT and our kids were the finiest of things SO HATE US ALL U WANT but we are just humans taking care of our familys GOD BLESS!!
mecogecko

Blytheville, AR

#10 Nov 29, 2010
im a gypsy

United States

#11 Nov 30, 2010
i am a gypsy and we are normal people. the term gypsys does NOT offend us i like to be called that but anyways we do good work n we just work to support out kids just like you. we are not really different than you. we have feelings we just travel a lot n thats not a bad thing so listen you other people shouldnt have a problem with us cuz we are gypsys. WE ARE NORMAL PEOPLE!!!

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#12 Nov 30, 2010
GYPSY??????Hmmm?? wasn't sher a gypsy,,lol

the term is fly by nights,,In the construction trades you have pros that stand behind there work and you have cons (fly by nights) gone as soon as the check clears,,

As far as the trailer park bunch,,don't really know?? it might be that they are here because there firm got the contract on one big job.
allheck

Bono, AR

#13 Dec 1, 2010
Asphaltsealcoater wrote:
There is a group of gypsy contractors who have descended upon Jonesboro, AR. They do asphalt paving and sealcoating. They are based out of a trailer park located on Parker Road next to harbor freight tools. These individuals are NOT locally owned and operated, so deal with them at your own risk!!! They will tell you they are from Jonesboro, but they go from community to community doing as much work as possible, and disappear without a trace. I am a local college student who does seal coating, parking lot striping, crack repair, and pothole repair to make ends meet while I go to school. If you would like to deal with someone who is local, and trustworthy send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP.
all the gypsies I have ever met were from Romania. Nice enough people but very strange customs :) I really dont care if they are local or not as long as I get a good price and a good job.
cory

Newark, DE

#14 Dec 5, 2010
any body dones asphalt is agpysy

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#15 Dec 5, 2010
cory wrote:
any body dones asphalt is agpysy
huh???

Do you mean"anybody does asphalt"???? dam the least you can do is spell a little better,,just saying bro.
TRUE DAT

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Dec 5, 2010
The white folks from White Hall or Pine Bluff that have a black sounding dialect cannot be trusted. They are a bunch of liars. It is a dad and 2 sons that basically spray your parking lot black with very small amounts of actual sealer in it.(at least that's what they did to me and at least one other local business).
Their work will wash away with the rain and weather in about 3 months.
They say 'true dat' a lot. Hope this helps. Had to pay to get mine redone. Very happy with the new job which was done by Arkansas Striping, which is owned by the Barkers from right here in Jonesboro. They are faithful members of Nettleton Baptist Church, and are definitely NOT gypsies.
Reply to True Dat

United States

#18 Dec 6, 2010
TRUE DAT wrote:
The white folks from White Hall or Pine Bluff that have a black sounding dialect cannot be trusted. They are a bunch of liars. It is a dad and 2 sons that basically spray your parking lot black with very small amounts of actual sealer in it.(at least that's what they did to me and at least one other local business).
Their work will wash away with the rain and weather in about 3 months.
They say 'true dat' a lot. Hope this helps. Had to pay to get mine redone. Very happy with the new job which was done by Arkansas Striping, which is owned by the Barkers from right here in Jonesboro. They are faithful members of Nettleton Baptist Church, and are definitely NOT gypsies.
You would be talking about McNally Paving. Yes, they are a joke. I have also had dealings with Arkansas Striping and they are WONDERFUL people. I could say a lot about McNally but won't for the sake of my business name. Hope other's that reads this stay away from them.

“It's just a gathering of crows”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#19 Dec 6, 2010
Asphaltsealcoater wrote:
I have a driveway and walkway that's pretty bad...could you work with it, and how do you charge?
Allya

East Orange, NJ

#20 Jan 13, 2011
Asphaltsealcoater wrote:
Hi,I read your message and I would like to talk to your about these people. Could you please respond to this e-mailaddress, allya 56 at aol.com and I will get back to you soon.
thank you
huh

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Jan 13, 2011
ray elliott wrote:
<quoted text>huh???
Do you mean"anybody does asphalt"???? dam the least you can do is spell a little better,,just saying bro.
come on Ray, you spelled CHER with an S in your other post. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Something smells in the Democratic Party' 7 min America 1st 20
Mafia in jonesboro? 8 min justbeinme 30
jeff crabtree (Dec '08) 21 min justbeinme 15
Judge Keith Blackman under federal investigation 1 hr Unknown 50
old crimes of jonesboro (May '09) 1 hr justbeinme 326
Meeting Arab women? 1 hr Fo Show 5
Peter Schiff: Obama “Peddling Fiction” As Unemp... 1 hr Who 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages