Negligent Homicide No Jail Time! WTF!!!

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Five-O

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2010
How to you feel about the guy who was driving drunk and ran over a pedestrian walking on S. Caraway Rd. not getting any jail time. He even left the scene. Left the guy to die. So sad. The judge gave him probation and hopes he continues to have nightmares about what he did. WTF!!! If you get caught driving on a suspended license or no insurance you go to jail. WTF!!!

Russellville, AR

#2 Jan 22, 2010
must have got off on a technicality, probably hired a good lawyer...I agree that is bogus.
Same as B4

Blytheville, AR

#3 Jan 22, 2010
Depends on what your name is or who you know.

Ain't that the American way?
omgwtf

Maumelle, AR

#4 Jan 22, 2010
How about the fact that it was suggested, but not mandatory, that he keep a picture of the victim in his house and explain what happened to anyone that asked? I really couldn't believe my eyes when I read that. It's almost as if they were just throwing things out there to try and make the sentence seem a little more harsh. The judge really fouled this one up, big time. I feel sorry for the victim's family, because this is a slap in the face.

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 22, 2010
It is not a technicality or hiring a good lawyer or what your name is----THIS IS THE LAW IN ARKANSAS. Negligent homicide in Arkansas only carries a penalty of a year in the county jail and $1000.00 fine----------the same as stealing a tank of gas!!!!!! IT IS SAD!!!
RecklessDude

Little Rock, AR

#6 Jan 22, 2010
Who was the judge? Was it that idiot Dan Stidman?
anon

United States

#8 Jun 21, 2010
Actually negligent homicide is a class Y felony, which carries a mandatory sentence of 3-10 years in prison.
whiteboy

United States

#9 Jun 21, 2010
you mean to tell me you spend more time in jail for getting caught with a joint than you do if you run someone over kill them and leave the scene??? wtf
whiteboy

United States

#10 Jun 21, 2010
anon wrote:
Actually negligent homicide is a class Y felony, which carries a mandatory sentence of 3-10 years in prison.
that makes more sense it was likely 36 months probation with a suspended 3 year prison sentance.
what did you expect

Bryant, AR

#11 Jun 21, 2010
more and more liquor sold in this here DRY county, $$$$ coming in, everybody can pretend to be sumthin special cause they can get drunk at eat joints, lots of them lawyers and judges and doctors, golden rule, the one with the gold rules so you and your kids better just stay off the roads if you don't want the drunken sots with $$$$ to run you down
bonoite

Blytheville, AR

#12 Jun 21, 2010
what did you expect wrote:
more and more liquor sold in this here DRY county,$$$$ coming in, everybody can pretend to be sumthin special cause they can get drunk at eat joints, lots of them lawyers and judges and doctors, golden rule, the one with the gold rules so you and your kids better just stay off the roads if you don't want the drunken sots with $$$$ to run you down
Well if they would make this a wet county then rather than drinking with your dinner out and then driving home, you could buy your booze and drink at home.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jun 28, 2010
Not in Arkansas--at least not in this county. Negligent homicide is only punishable by a year in the county jail and a $1000.00 fine!!!!!!!!!!
anon wrote:
Info

Little Rock, AR

#14 Aug 2, 2011
Guest wrote:
Not in Arkansas--at least not in this county. Negligent homicide is only punishable by a year in the county jail and a $1000.00 fine!!!!!!!!!!
<quoted text>
Better read your laws again. I know a guy serving a 10 year sentence. He will be coming up for parole soon.

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#15 Aug 2, 2011
Five-O wrote:
How to you feel about the guy who was driving drunk and ran over a pedestrian walking on S. Caraway Rd. not getting any jail time. He even left the scene. Left the guy to die. So sad. The judge gave him probation and hopes he continues to have nightmares about what he did. WTF!!! If you get caught driving on a suspended license or no insurance you go to jail. WTF!!!
Hello and welcome to the jonesboro were small crime does big time!!!!! big crime always walks free,,

Thank you come again,,

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#16 Aug 2, 2011
ray elliott wrote:
<quoted text>Hello and welcome to the jonesboro were small crime does big time!!!!! big crime always walks free,,
Thank you come again,,
Ray, you have just had some really bad experiences with law enforcement. I think they are just jealous of you.

“the hammer”

n a

#17 Aug 2, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, you have just had some really bad experiences with law enforcement. I think they are just jealous of you.
lol,,n uh just in jonesboro darlin,,,now remember this is the same county whom put two of the three in prison with no evidence,,just saying

This is a place where they should have a hub I.A.,,i bet shat would get straight then,,

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#18 Aug 2, 2011
ray elliott wrote:
<quoted text>lol,,n uh just in jonesboro darlin,,,now remember this is the same county whom put two of the three in prison with no evidence,,just saying
This is a place where they should have a hub I.A.,,i bet shat would get straight then,,
Don't let them get you down..........you and I both know you are better than they are so they can just get over it.

“the hammer”

n a

#19 Aug 2, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let them get you down..........you and I both know you are better than they are so they can just get over it.
Well so far they have not bothered me so,,maybe they got used to my rambling,,,lol

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Aug 5, 2011
In Craighead County Arkansas, negligent homicide is NOT a felony!
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>

“the hammer”

n a

#21 Aug 5, 2011
kinda funny i believe i read in the paper the other day that someone got a felony charge over 75 cents,,robbery i think????????

who the hell is going to rob for 75 cents??????

75 cent vrs. homicide???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yeti coolers/lightbars (Aug '14) 9 min Guest 71
jonesboro SSI office complaints 9 min Sick of it 1
Amanda Hansen on Kait 11 min wondering 3
Netanyahu, ... Please just STFU. 20 min Disclaimer 60
Obama Administration banning M855 Ammo 20 min Tom Foolery 101
GOP 'Baggers Look To Overthrow " Cheetos" Boehner 23 min soulless 17
DOJ will not prosecute officer Darren Wilson 25 min Tom Foolery 15
Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets 37 min SnuffAGlobalist 50
The 22nd Amendment to be executive ordered away 4 hr Guest 47
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 21 hr Screwed up 395