First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Over It

Gregory, AR

#1 Nov 9, 2010
When is Lauren Payne going to give it up and realize that this is just not the job for her? How many newscasts does she have to screw up? We have made a game out of "guess how many screwups Lauren Payne can make in one broadcast". Its become quite comical. Please sister, do the hearing world a favor and just stop talking and do the sighted world a favor and seek professional make up and hair help. For a further wish , never, EVER, wear sleeveless again. That my friend, was a total trainwreck!
joker

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Nov 9, 2010
lol! Well said "Over it"!
Agreed

Gregory, AR

#3 Nov 10, 2010
Agreed! I'm sure she is a super sweet person however this job does not fit her. Her speech patterns are all wrong. This just does not work for her. Period. Find a different job sweetheart.

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 10, 2010
I want to know when KAIT is going to start being a real TV channel. Their news broadcast are a joke. I don't give a $hit what happens in Missouri. All they do is rehash the news from their sister station.
omgwtf

United States

#6 Nov 10, 2010
Did anyone see the news at 10 last night? That story about the people stealing credit card numbers just about sent me over the edge. They just kept showing pics from the police station..the cars, the lights on the cars, close-ups of the emblems on the cars, the signs in the parking lot, etc., with a couple of shots of Det. Waterworth thrown in. If I hadn't been waiting to see the piece on 911 misuse I would've turned it off. They drive me nuts.

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Nov 10, 2010
I believe that everyone that works there is a great person outside of the station. But people like Josh Harvison, buddy you need to sit down in front a mirror and read lines to yourself or drive around town and practice saying them out loud. You talk like a robot. He says sentences in segments of words, not with a smooth flow. Then how can you have a weather girl who cooks but is also on the morning program? Are they that short staffed? Or are they trying to get that much out of their programming staff? If you would like my opinion, they should try updating their background props more than anything! Tune to KATV or WREG an look at their backgrounds props. It just feels and looks more like a tv station. KAIT has always had that college tv look to it. We can all only hope that Hatton Weeks will read these post and bring in a better fashion expert, a better interior decorator, and maybe hold class after the news to teach them not to talk like robots!
Murray Slaughter

United States

#8 Nov 10, 2010
Josh Harvison = Ted Baxter
News Junkie

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 11, 2010
Kristina is cute, I mean professional. I can turn the sound off and still enjoyed watching her.
A scientist

Little Rock, AR

#10 Nov 11, 2010
I agree that the KAIT news is a ridiculous program. Hands down the worst reporting I have ever seen. Most of their stories are inflated puff pieces. Where is the "real" news? I stick to reading the Jonesboro Sun for reliable local news.

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Nov 11, 2010
A scientist wrote:
I stick to reading the Jonesboro Sun for reliable local news.
HAHAHA! MADE ME LAUGH
A scientist

Little Rock, AR

#12 Nov 11, 2010
Perhaps I should have said "more reliable", eh?
WOW

Monette, AR

#13 Nov 11, 2010
A scientist wrote:
I agree that the KAIT news is a ridiculous program. Hands down the worst reporting I have ever seen. Most of their stories are inflated puff pieces. Where is the "real" news? I stick to reading the Jonesboro Sun for reliable local news.
You can get, more, reliable, news from the Memphis stations. Stories which should be in KAIT's area, are not covered by ch.8, but you can bet, if it's within 60 miles of the Mississippi River, Memphis stations will have it. And what's up with the photography? I don't know where they got their photojournalists, but I could do better with my Nikon. How about trying to film a whole scene, first, then tighten up on individual segments? At least people can get a feel for, what the background is.
Geesh

Gregory, AR

#14 Dec 2, 2010
Not to continue the pick on Lauren thing but is it possible that she can do any news cast without looking down at a peice of paper, computer, whatever it is she is looking at??? Im not sure how you can see her face to critique her make up when her head is down CONSTANTLY!!! I have to agree, this is just not the job for her. Kait needs to wise up and do some house cleaning. This is crazy. I've started watching Memphis instead.
what

United States

#15 Dec 2, 2010
Geesh wrote:
Not to continue the pick on Lauren thing but is it possible that she can do any news cast without looking down at a peice of paper, computer, whatever it is she is looking at??? Im not sure how you can see her face to critique her make up when her head is down CONSTANTLY!!! I have to agree, this is just not the job for her. Kait needs to wise up and do some house cleaning. This is crazy. I've started watching Memphis instead.
i have direct tv and i cant get memphis channels because of kait!
Kait8 viewer

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2010
Ok so are all of yall qualified to do their job? I bet all of them would let you try and after 1 story yall would be quitting! They do the best they can with what they have, you need to understand the anchor's listen to their directors, producers and ppl in master control so its not always their fault! How would you like someone at your job watching everything you do 24/7? They are common ppl trying to make a living like the rest of us and I know K8 doesn't pay well at all so get off their case gosh
LMAO

Gregory, AR

#17 Dec 8, 2010
Kait8 viewer wrote:
Ok so are all of yall qualified to do their job? I bet all of them would let you try and after 1 story yall would be quitting! They do the best they can with what they have, you need to understand the anchor's listen to their directors, producers and ppl in master control so its not always their fault! How would you like someone at your job watching everything you do 24/7? They are common ppl trying to make a living like the rest of us and I know K8 doesn't pay well at all so get off their case gosh
Ok, so are you qualified to speak on behalf of all the Kait employees? I think not. I mean I know you are doing the " best you can with what you have" however all the grammar mistakes and spelling errors you have just doesnt qualify you to be a speaker on their behalf. You go on and watch the BOZO news show if you would like but stop thinking you can speak for everyone becuse it cant pay well. Gosh!
Miss Ann Thrope

United States

#18 Dec 8, 2010
Rich. LMAO has the audacity to criticize the grammar of the KAIT news team then peppers his/her post with misspellings and poor usage. Good thing all you're required to do at your job is punch the button with the picture of the Big Mac!
moonbeam

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Dec 11, 2010
Ryan Vaughan is the only reason to watch. He is too sexy.
pearl

United States

#20 Dec 11, 2010
You have got to be kidding!

Alamo, TN

#21 Dec 11, 2010
Miss the great Yalanda Young!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's jonesboro's crime rate this year? (Aug '15) 28 min Guest 9
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 40,931
Brandon Pankey 1 hr Delway 15
ASU and Fayetville are consolidating football t... 1 hr Morrison 4
Joe Biden 2020! 7 hr Deplorableknuckle... 5
$26 million dollar stadium add on? 7 hr guest 29
Anti vaxxers 8 hr guest 4

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance