First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Geez

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jun 21, 2010
So what's the verdict on Creegan's? I went last weekend, it was pretty slow and WAY WAY freaking hot on the second floor. Decor was cool I guess. Food wasn't good, which normally I'd be forgiving about since they just opened a few weeks ago- but this is a chain establishment and should have their food items very well figured out, prepped, and delicious. Drinks were alright, pricey though- I wonder how long it'll take the to realize it's not North Little Rock and we don't have any yuppies in J'boro. All in all I give it like a C- which is pretty generous now that I see my thoughts in black and white.
St James

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Jun 21, 2010
That's so wierd, I was just about to post a question about Creegan's! My boyfriend works for a construction company and said something about Creegan's being way behind on paying their bills and they were going to get shut down today? Anyone go by their today? BTW: I've been once and give the food a D and the air conditioning an F!
hmmmm

Bossier City, LA

#3 Jun 21, 2010
Geez wrote:
So what's the verdict on Creegan's? I went last weekend, it was pretty slow and WAY WAY freaking hot on the second floor. Decor was cool I guess. Food wasn't good, which normally I'd be forgiving about since they just opened a few weeks ago- but this is a chain establishment and should have their food items very well figured out, prepped, and delicious. Drinks were alright, pricey though- I wonder how long it'll take the to realize it's not North Little Rock and we don't have any yuppies in J'boro. All in all I give it like a C- which is pretty generous now that I see my thoughts in black and white.
No yuppies in J'boro? roflmao!!!! hahahahahaha We have tons of yuppie's here.
Experience

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Jun 21, 2010
Food was great!!
oh my

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jun 22, 2010
Isn't it "Cregeens" which looks misspelled but not? Anyway, I ate there on the second day open. The waitress was sweet, the drinks were a little high, and my food was pretty good although I only got an appetizer. I hope it works out, we need some cool places to go in jboro.
Hmm

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Jun 22, 2010
I didn't know that construction workers had access to the books of restaurants here. Amazing!
welp

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jun 22, 2010
Hmm wrote:
I didn't know that construction workers had access to the books of restaurants here. Amazing!
it wouldn't be access to the restaurants books, it would be access to the unpaid construction company's books, and considering he works for a construction company.... I dunno, you do the math.

but i hope its not true regardless.
MBR

Little Rock, AR

#8 Jun 22, 2010
Geez wrote:
Chain establishment? There are two!(One in J town and one in NLR) Thats a pretty short chain. And what's with the yuppy/NLR thing? You must have meant puppies, and i don't know how long it will take them to realize that their aren't as many puppies in Jtown as NLR. There are slightly more people in NLR, so i suppose it would make sense that there are more puppies. Also your right Jonesboro is not North Little Rock, they are completely different cities. I mean they're at least a 2 hours drive away from each other. Now that's settled...I can get on with my day.
Stormy

Little Rock, AR

#9 Jun 22, 2010
welp wrote:
<quoted text>
it wouldn't be access to the restaurants books, it would be access to the unpaid construction company's books, and considering he works for a construction company.... I dunno, you do the math.
but i hope its not true regardless.
How are we supposed to do the math? I don't have access to the books.
welp

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jun 22, 2010
Stormy wrote:
<quoted text>
How are we supposed to do the math? I don't have access to the books.
post 2, 6 & 7. Then you must not be the construction worker in question.
Mythbuster

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Jun 22, 2010
I don't see any signs of closing today!
HUH

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Jun 22, 2010
I've got no idea about yuppies, puppies, or math, except that over priced drinks, hot as hell environment, and very mediocre food equals a C+ in my book.
jim bob

North Little Rock, AR

#18 Jun 22, 2010
Yes the food is some of the worst food in town for the price. I hope they work on that because I would like to see them stay downtown, but I like food with my beer and as is the food is not worth me going back.
Agree

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Jun 22, 2010
Several friends and I went in there and yeah, the food was rough, but as the initial poster said, they just opened and from what I hear it sounds like they rushed the opening a few weeks - they need time to work on things. I do very much hope they do well. I love Brickhouse and it would be nice to have more eateries and bars so more and more people come downtown! Downtown has come SO far in the last few years- Brickhouse paved the way and now other businesses are taking a chance on Downtown!
Its All You

Bossier City, LA

#20 Jun 22, 2010
Agree wrote:
Downtown has come SO far in the last few years- Brickhouse paved the way and now other businesses are taking a chance on Downtown!
Bullshit! Piero's paved the damn way against the wishes of Wallace Fowler. Get your facts straight.

Dr. Dan is a Johnny come lately.
Lindsey

North Little Rock, AR

#21 Jun 22, 2010
Its All You wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! Piero's paved the damn way against the wishes of Wallace Fowler. Get your facts straight.
True dat!

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Jun 22, 2010
The food was a joke! We ordered a reuben and the irish dip sandwich that each came with ONE slice of corn beef. Good selection of beers, definitely overpriced though. The 80's rock music in the background definitely didn't add much to the atmosphere. Won't be going back any time soon.
chill out man

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Jun 23, 2010
Its All You wrote:
<quoted text>
piero's may have "paved the damn way" but piero's isn't attracting hundreds and hundreds of people to the downtown area on weekends or any day for that matter (like brickhouse is). so, he may have been first, but so what? I hate it when people get on here all defensive telling folks to "get their facts straight". You sound like you have a beef with anything happening in downtown - well, except for your piero's.
UhHuh

Aubrey, TX

#24 Jun 23, 2010
chill out man wrote:
<quoted text>
piero's may have "paved the damn way" but piero's isn't attracting hundreds and hundreds of people to the downtown area on weekends or any day for that matter (like brickhouse is). so, he may have been first, but so what? I hate it when people get on here all defensive telling folks to "get their facts straight". You sound like you have a beef with anything happening in downtown - well, except for your piero's.
Without question Piero's was the 1st liquor license Downtown, but Piero's had existed Downtown for a LONG time and NOBODY else came. Main Street Pizza applied for a liquor license back in the day and was denied. Dr. Dan came in 3 years ago and now we have Brickhouse, Godsey's, Wolf Den, Creegan's, and Sai's in addition to Piero's. SIX liquor licenses in a two block area in a dry county. Nobody is taking anything away from Piero's or that family-- but I do agree that it wasn't until Brickhouse showed a business could be profitable and would be supported well if it went in Downtown that folks began to pay attention and that example has brought in outside investors and encouraged in town people as well to come Downtown and make a go of it business wise.
jbrguy

United States

#25 Jun 23, 2010
I give them 6 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black girls dating white guys (Jan '12) 1 hr John 470
best place to eat in jonesboro and why 3 hr Sad 24
T - 29 Days until Midterm Elections 3 hr Guest 175
Arkansas Early Voting - Rock the Vote! 3 hr Guest 58
ebola hits dallas 3 hr Guest 652
miranda perry 4 hr old wolverine freind 1
The Left is a JOKE 4 hr ohblowme 10
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 4 hr Sickened 219
bible true or not 7 hr Tiffany 210
Palin Family Throwdown 7 hr Disclaimer 244