Diva Nails and Spa

Mishleen Ross

Since: Feb 09

United States

#21 May 26, 2009
I would like to check this nail salon out. I'm going to get the regular pedicure. I have a callous remover too that I bought from Wal-Mart, and no, it doesn't hurt at all.

Mishleen Ross

United States

#22 May 26, 2009
I feel so much better after I get a pedicure.
okay

United States

#23 May 26, 2009
I may have to try Divas out. I need a new place to go. I went to a place right beside the Dollar tree on nettletin. The older guy hurts when he takes your nails off. I heard they got a new person about a month ago.

Mishleen Ross

United States

#24 May 26, 2009
okay wrote:
I may have to try Divas out. I need a new place to go. I went to a place right beside the Dollar tree on nettletin. The older guy hurts when he takes your nails off. I heard they got a new person about a month ago.
Well, if I ever go there, I will be sure not to go to him, that is some PAIN getting your nails off. I usually get mine soaked off. And the new person may be good.
okay

United States

#25 May 26, 2009
He cuts your tips down then takes a nother tip and pulls the rest off. I heard he was real good. He is younger and alot cuter

Mishleen Ross

United States

#26 May 26, 2009
okay wrote:
He cuts your tips down then takes a nother tip and pulls the rest off. I heard he was real good. He is younger and alot cuter
Yeah, that's how I'm used to getting my nails off too, if I don't get them soaked off.
nail tech

Melbourne, AR

#27 May 26, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Really,
I have been to four different nail salons in town and all have used them. You can buy them at Wal-Mart.
YOU sure can,and YOU can use them on yourself all day long.But licensed nail technicians or cosmetologists are not supposed to.
nail tech

Melbourne, AR

#28 May 26, 2009
Charmaine wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't reuse the blade.. He put in a new blade right in front of me and when he was done he threw it away right in front of me.
Also while my feet where soaking in the hot towels he then broght the rest of the callous remover to the sanitizer machine and placed it in there..
I think you have been mislead.
Misled? Really.Not hardly honey.I have a LICENSE which I went to school to obtain,and,took a state board examination in order to obtain,also.I would know the own rules of my state's licensing board.
It does not matter one iota that a blade has been sanitized 1000 times.It is against the state board regulations to use one during a pedicure on a client,new blade or not,sanitized,or not.

Jonesboro, AR

#29 May 27, 2009
nail tech wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU sure can,and YOU can use them on yourself all day long.But licensed nail technicians or cosmetologists are not supposed to.
Provide a link....
Why

Warrenton, MO

#30 May 27, 2009
nail tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Misled? Really.Not hardly honey.I have a LICENSE which I went to school to obtain,and,took a state board examination in order to obtain,also.I would know the own rules of my state's licensing board.
It does not matter one iota that a blade has been sanitized 1000 times.It is against the state board regulations to use one during a pedicure on a client,new blade or not,sanitized,or not.
And why should you care if it is used? That is no reason to turn them in or hope that they get caught. My feet can get bad, especially in the summer, and I love it when they use the blade. Now I am picky on who I trust to use it on me but it should be no skin off your back!
nail tech

Melbourne, AR

#31 May 27, 2009
It was only "skin off my back" because it is my profession and I don't like the idea of any client developing problems or serious infections because of unsafe practices. People can and do lose their feet and LEGS from infections,all the time.Death can also occur from a staph infection obtained during a manicure or pedicure.It happened to a lady in Texas and there is now a wrongful death suit. We have reputations to protect and the nail industry as a whole has come under a lot of fire and bad publicity because of unsanitary or unsafe practices.I was not intending for anyone to be "turned in." That's the State Board's job in their inspection practices to catch things of this nature.If it happened in a salon that I worked in,however,I WOULD speak up to the owner and see that it stopped or I'd move on.
People in professions have an obligation first to their clients then to their coworkers to uphold standards.Obviously,you aren't a professional meaning you have no license,or you'd understand and probably agree.
nail tech

Melbourne, AR

#32 May 27, 2009
OK,because I did not want to keep putting out information that might be based on old rules,I called the ASBC.They told me that a ruling HAD been passed recently,sometime late last year that it is legal for salons to use a callous blade during pedicures.I just know it was not when I went to nail school 2 years ago,and they don't send out newsletters or information on their rulings.You have to find it on their website and it's usually buried in a board meeting minutes that takes an hour to read or more.

Sorry,my bad for saying what is now incorrect information.I was not in any way trying to hurt Diva Spa or any other nail salon.I know that I personally would not use one because I've not had the proper training since it was not allowed during my schooling.
I don't believe in using harsh techniques for callous removal or any other procedure during a pedicure that might cause infection even with sanitized implements.Your feet are prone to infection easier because of the circulation.By the way,diabetics should NEVER allow a blade or any rough pumice or callous treatment during a pedicure because they are very prone to infection that can lead to amputations.I wouldn't even cut a diabetic's toenails during pedicures but would file them.They need to see a foot MD on a regular basis.
Once again,sorry for my not knowing the rulings on the blade use.I do know that I read a ruling in the board minutes that the"fish" pedicures have been ruled against in Arkansas.
Why

Warrenton, MO

#33 May 27, 2009
Well maybe next time, before talking someone down and replying "for all to see", maybe you should check your facts and not be so "I'm right and you are all wrong" attitude. GEEZ!
nail tech

Melbourne, AR

#34 May 27, 2009
Hey,I said I was sorry and tried to make it right on here "for all to see" so why not accept it,aren't you ever wrong,haven't you ever put your foot in your mouth and didn't check facts before YOU spoke? GEEEZE right back at ya.
At least I'm big enough to come on here and check it out and say I was wrong.
Let it go,I am.
There are a whole lot bigger things going on in life and the world than making an example out of someone that admits a mistake,WHY.

Jonesboro, AR

#35 May 27, 2009
nail tech wrote:
OK,because I did not want to keep putting out information that might be based on old rules,I called the ASBC.They told me that a ruling HAD been passed recently,sometime late last year that it is legal for salons to use a callous blade during pedicures.I just know it was not when I went to nail school 2 years ago,and they don't send out newsletters or information on their rulings.You have to find it on their website and it's usually buried in a board meeting minutes that takes an hour to read or more.
Sorry,my bad for saying what is now incorrect information.I was not in any way trying to hurt Diva Spa or any other nail salon.I know that I personally would not use one because I've not had the proper training since it was not allowed during my schooling.
I don't believe in using harsh techniques for callous removal or any other procedure during a pedicure that might cause infection even with sanitized implements.Your feet are prone to infection easier because of the circulation.By the way,diabetics should NEVER allow a blade or any rough pumice or callous treatment during a pedicure because they are very prone to infection that can lead to amputations.I wouldn't even cut a diabetic's toenails during pedicures but would file them.They need to see a foot MD on a regular basis.
Once again,sorry for my not knowing the rulings on the blade use.I do know that I read a ruling in the board minutes that the"fish" pedicures have been ruled against in Arkansas.
Thought that I was correct.
Charmaine

Lubbock, TX

#36 May 27, 2009
nail tech wrote:
Ok.. Have to ask.. What is a "fish" pedicure?
Went to Diva

Newport, AR

#37 May 28, 2009
Went to Diva for a "fill" he said my nails had to be removed. IT HURT LIKE #$%^%^#$%&#&. I am happy with my new nails though. The girl did a good job.
unknown

United States

#38 Aug 13, 2009
I have never been there but i want to get either a manicure or peticure for my sister and I, does anyone know the prices for either
Shoe Lover Always

Benton, AR

#39 Aug 14, 2009
I've been to several places in town and by far Diva is the best. It is very clean, which is top on my list. The people are friendly and the work they do is excellent. I have had several people ask me where I had my nails done, which hasn't ever happened before.

If you haven't been...go!!
Summer 09

Southlake, TX

#40 Aug 14, 2009
do u know the prices for just a regular pedi for a 8 year old

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump Selected as Time Magazine’s Person... 12 min Authority Figure 1
20 Hillary Clinton Quotes You Should've Read Be... 33 min NeverWithHer 1
Who won popular vote? 33 min Now_What- 91
95% of Violent Conflicts Around The World are M... 48 min DontBALyingCommie... 4
Do We Still Have To Be "PC" After The Trumpster... 54 min DontBuyTheNarrative 15
Support for Abolishing Electoral College Hits H... 57 min BOSS 3
Pearl Harbor survivors: War is hell, 75 years l... 59 min guest 2

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages