First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Redwolf Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Keep hearing that John Gruden will be the next coach at UofA. Any other opinions ?
Legit br

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Redwolf Fan wrote:
Keep hearing that John Gruden will be the next coach at UofA. Any other opinions ?
Just hope its true.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2012
John Gruden is NOT coming to UofA trust me

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 19, 2012
ESPN is reporting Arkansas and Tennessee both are in talks with him and he's very interested in a possible return to coaching. Both schools have an advantage but in different ways. His wife attended Tennessee so there's that, however Arkansas is willing to make him the highest paid coach in the SEC. Just have to wait and see.
my dixie wrecked

White Oak, TX

#5 Nov 19, 2012
Gruden isn't a coach. He just plays one on tv.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2012
Arkansas made a formal offer to him, but he isn't going to accept. Why would he? He makes millions now and works less than half of the hours he would have to work in order to coach. Plus there is a ton of pressure that would come with the UofA job. He isn't coming here, just get over it
Reality

United States

#7 Nov 19, 2012
DrOnePocket wrote:
Arkansas made a formal offer to him, but he isn't going to accept. Why would he? He makes millions now and works less than half of the hours he would have to work in order to coach. Plus there is a ton of pressure that would come with the UofA job. He isn't coming here, just get over it
Gruden will go to UofA. Petrino will take Tennesse job. You heard it here first.
guru

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Nov 19, 2012
boby pertrino is returnng to arkansas. important announcment coming soon!
take this to the bank....
Football Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 19, 2012
Houston Nutt is still available. I also hear Petrino and Kentucky are talking.
guest123

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Nov 19, 2012
UA will not pay him more than the 5.5M Saban in making at the real U of A.

Location hidden

#11 Nov 19, 2012
You are wrong. They offered a salary over 6 mil a year
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#12 Nov 19, 2012
guest123 wrote:
Real Alabama fans don't refer to themselves as "U of A." Nice try, though.

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Why is anyone talking about Arizona?
Black

Fayetteville, AR

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Why is anyone talking about Arizona?
For the same reason none of your fanbase wants to talk about your own team.
Legit br

Lockhart, TX

#16 Nov 19, 2012
guest123 wrote:
There has been rumors that boosters have said they are willing to pay 6 mil for the new ark head coaching position.
Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Gruden would be a great name recognition hire and would show that we are willing and able to pay for the best. I think Butch Davis would be a better hire as far as proven recruiting and college coaching experience though.
Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Nov 19, 2012
While I personally wouldn't mind Petrino back at UofA, he has proven to not be able to beat Bama or LSU. This leads me to believe that we will look for new blood who could. With our funding he will be available in the future if we want him. At this time though I think we will try and bring in someone new to see how they fare in the SEC. I believe we are courting Gruden but don't believe he will be our next coach. I think he would recruit well at first but would get tired of the hassle of year round stress and would eventually go back to announcing. I want longevity and success. Not instant success with no stability.
guru wrote:
boby pertrino is returnng to arkansas. important announcment coming soon!
take this to the bank....
Legit br

Lockhart, TX

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Fan wrote:
Gruden would be a great name recognition hire and would show that we are willing and able to pay for the best. I think Butch Davis would be a better hire as far as proven recruiting and college coaching experience though.
But wouldn't kids come play for a super bowl winning coach tho to plus not to mention his # 1 rated defence that year and that's what we really need is defence.
Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Nov 19, 2012
Legit br wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been rumors that boosters have said they are willing to pay 6 mil for the new ark head coaching position.
Actually the rumor is closer to $7,000,000 for Gruden. Don't think we would pay anyone else that much though (short of Saban).
getonthegusbus

United States

#21 Nov 20, 2012
Just hope that Malzhan doesn't pick up on this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 20 min Guest 39,521
Dem calls for all NFL players to kneel during n... 33 min guest 126
Manafort To Be Indicted 45 min guest 3
Steroids 47 min guest 17
Question 51 min Capt Obvious 5
Greg Allen 1 hr Anonymous 2
cusi 1 hr Software for all 13

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance