How long does it take to get on at St...

How long does it take to get on at Startek?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Bossier City, LA

#1 Jan 6, 2009
I applied online, so what next? I have no idea how this goes, but right now I am in need of a job...so how long does it take to make it on out there?
Depends

Bossier City, LA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
lol...I'm curious myself! Your situation sounds a lot like mine!
anon

Lake Charles, LA

#3 Jul 24, 2009
i'm wondering the same thing. they told me it could take a month before a background check is done? that sounds unreal to me........
truthseeker

Sulphur Springs, TX

#4 Jul 24, 2009
anon wrote:
i'm wondering the same thing. they told me it could take a month before a background check is done? that sounds unreal to me........
not since At&t changed their policy!! before considerind working at Startek you might want to check these
http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/sto...

http://antistartek.blogspot.com/2009/06/what-...
Interested

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jul 24, 2009
truthseeker you made my night my husband was also fired for the whole background check even with them knowning about it. We also have a couple other people who were wanting to go in on trying to sue startek and have found a lawyer willing to fight for our rights it's sad to say but I am glad to know it's happening to the other startek sites as well not for the others who are in the same situation as myself by being unemployed but because atleast I know it honestly had nothing to do with the way Jonesboros site is going down hill and they were just trying to find ways to screw the ones who were hired on at a higher pay scale. I hope startek crashes and burns. We were promised great careers from this company we did our jobs and did them well enough to advance at the rate we were going, I say we because I also worked there and left to raise our son and was promised imediate re-hire when I chose to come back so when my husband was laid off I re applied and I can't even get the time of day from the company now. Everyone knows who I am and who my husband was and because he was fired I can't get rehired but I can't prove it so I am hoping that this lawyer can atleast hurt the company some.
truthseeker

Sulphur Springs, TX

#6 Jul 25, 2009
Interested wrote:
truthseeker you made my night my husband was also fired for the whole background check even with them knowning about it. We also have a couple other people who were wanting to go in on trying to sue startek and have found a lawyer willing to fight for our rights it's sad to say but I am glad to know it's happening to the other startek sites as well not for the others who are in the same situation as myself by being unemployed but because atleast I know it honestly had nothing to do with the way Jonesboros site is going down hill and they were just trying to find ways to screw the ones who were hired on at a higher pay scale. I hope startek crashes and burns. We were promised great careers from this company we did our jobs and did them well enough to advance at the rate we were going, I say we because I also worked there and left to raise our son and was promised imediate re-hire when I chose to come back so when my husband was laid off I re applied and I can't even get the time of day from the company now. Everyone knows who I am and who my husband was and because he was fired I can't get rehired but I can't prove it so I am hoping that this lawyer can atleast hurt the company some.
Glad I could help. I'm sorry you guys got treated that way. Good luck in the future!
anon

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Jul 27, 2009
truthseeker wrote:
<quoted text>not since At&t changed their policy!! before considerind working at Startek you might want to check these
http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/news/sto...
http://antistartek.blogspot.com/2009/06/what-...
i already worked at startek before in at another state within the last year. the site recommeneded me for rehire.........

don't worry i did my own background check on startek and not really all that interested in them anymore. f**k that though i do not even have any criminal background at all. if i wanted to go through all this i would work for the cia. better pay and benefits. i have a job interview tomorrow somewhere else.
anon

Lake Charles, LA

#8 Jul 27, 2009
i'm starting to wonder if their new policy isn't perhaps a round about way of age discrimination. after all it is a lot shorter time to do a background search on a twenty year old then a forty plus year old..........at least from the type of background checks i understand they are doing.
old codger

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jul 29, 2009
That depends on how well you know Captain Kirk.
anon

Lake Charles, LA

#10 Jul 29, 2009
old codger wrote:
That depends on how well you know Captain Kirk.
beam me up scotty. startek is just a place to go when you are inbetween jobs anyway, at least where i come from that is what it is considered. if you can find other work you work elsewhere.....few make it a career.....
Sck

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2010
I took the drug screening and let them kno I had just had surgery and had morphine in my system they said no problem then denyed me the job when my drug test showed up with morphine... WTF how basic!!!
WTF

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Feb 25, 2010
You'll have to speak get a form from HR at Star Fleet. If you make it past the first interview, you'll go round two with Captian Kirk. Spock and McCoy may or may not be in on the interview, depending upon the position you're applying for.

And...oh...wait...did you say StarTek or StarTrek? Because those are two totally separate applications.
Me2forsure

Tampa, FL

#13 Feb 25, 2010
I want on at Star Trek
hear ya

Winamac, IN

#14 Feb 27, 2010
they still owe me back pay....i hated the company
supervisor

Lake City, AR

#15 Mar 10, 2010
Sck wrote:
I took the drug screening and let them kno I had just had surgery and had morphine in my system they said no problem then denyed me the job when my drug test showed up with morphine... WTF how basic!!!
What the hell ever!You abuser! I am supervisor out there and help with the new hires and adminstering the drug screening for possible new hires. First of all if you faile the drug screen we dont tell u failed it or why. So first thing first, you just told off on yourself. We send the drugscreens off to a lab and get the results later in the week. We never know you failed it just comes back passed or failed. If the lab has question about your screening results such as for prescriptions that is why you put you number on the doaner sheet so they can get proof! So know it all what do you have to so now? Get into rehab and then reapply in 6 months and then maybe we will think about considering your app again.
LMFAO

Sulphur Springs, TX

#16 Mar 10, 2010
supervisor wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell ever!You abuser! I am supervisor out there and help with the new hires and adminstering the drug screening for possible new hires. First of all if you faile the drug screen we dont tell u failed it or why. So first thing first, you just told off on yourself. We send the drugscreens off to a lab and get the results later in the week. We never know you failed it just comes back passed or failed. If the lab has question about your screening results such as for prescriptions that is why you put you number on the doaner sheet so they can get proof! So know it all what do you have to so now? Get into rehab and then reapply in 6 months and then maybe we will think about considering your app again.
you are a dumb ass !! you are required by law to tell applicants if asked why , how and for what they failed a drug screen for!! Course this is spoken by a true pompus ass who works for a place that goes through site managers and O.M.s like BK goes through Whoppers. What happened to the above board and honest Hr team you guys have ?? Oh they got canned too!!Pretty sad for a site that just celebrated its grand opening in Dec 08!!(The first site manager was canned in Jan 09 for theft!!). You guys are just another in it for the short term loot, outsourcing sweat shop!! Ever wonder why the majority of these places operate in India and the Philippines!! Quality of life is so low they will put up with bs these companies shovel. Startek has a history of plowing through people in every area they open in and then closing because they have exhausted that area's eligible workforce. Don't take my word for it ... Google it!! So go ahead and say I'm just another disgruntled loser who was fired from there. I'm not I'm management for local retail and have hired a few folks who have been screwed by yall and they aren't losers. So regardless of how look at yourself loudmouth. The world sees you as a JOKE!!

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#17 Mar 10, 2010
moderator, please kill this thread.
dot

Blytheville, AR

#18 Mar 10, 2010
i heard back in a few days and got through pretty quickly. just a warning as a former employee, it really isn't that great to work at.
former employee

United States

#19 Mar 10, 2010
I worked there for a while back in 09 and they fired me. Well, I didn't clean out my desk, but they were given the key to my desk when they fired me. I was then cheated out of a paycheck because they claimed I didn't return the key or headphones which were in the desk. It is not a good place to work at all. They also tend to welch on what they say they will give employees. I have heard of many people who were promised gas cards or prizes and never got them. I was very disappointed as a former employee. Honestly I do not recommend working there or suggesting it to anyone else. It is a big hoax and only people who can make it there are people who wish to kiss @ss and they get management pretty quick because of all the @ss kissing they do.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#20 Mar 10, 2010
Sck wrote:
I took the drug screening and let them kno I had just had surgery and had morphine in my system they said no problem then denyed me the job when my drug test showed up with morphine... WTF how basic!!!
my son in law works there and they never drug tested him, i thought that was strange,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voter Fraud Database Tops 1,000 Proven Cases 28 min guest 9
Clinton Cash - The Thread. (Jun '15) 42 min guest 178
Bill Nye the NOT a science guy 54 min guest 1
Divorced men 1 hr Guest 111
God is calling you tomorrow may be to late. 1 hr Paul 1
Clinton Foundation corruption 1 hr Guest 18
Democracy needs to be destroyed! 1 hr Paul 1

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages