Why won't people work???

Why won't people work???

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just me

Kennett, MO

#1 May 29, 2012
I had some things that I needed done today, was wanting to hire someone to help me out...sole stuff that I just can't do anymore due to medical conditions (cleaning ceiling fans, scrubbing bathtubs, cleaning a vehicle inside and out, etc). I called 4 people who do not work, who always need money and o one would come and do it, but I bet you my life savings that in a week or two they will be calling around askin for money and saying they can't make it....what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I finally did it all myself, against doctors orders because it had to be done. Good grief!
Clark

Little Rock, AR

#2 May 29, 2012
I can tell you why. Because Obama sends them a check.

Since: Apr 12

Jonesboro

#3 May 29, 2012
Just me wrote:
I had some things that I needed done today, was wanting to hire someone to help me out...sole stuff that I just can't do anymore due to medical conditions (cleaning ceiling fans, scrubbing bathtubs, cleaning a vehicle inside and out, etc). I called 4 people who do not work, who always need money and o one would come and do it, but I bet you my life savings that in a week or two they will be calling around askin for money and saying they can't make it....what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I finally did it all myself, against doctors orders because it had to be done. Good grief!
I work full time and go to school and I'm still looking for things like that that people need done just for some extra money haha. People just have no work ethic now days because people like Obama want to just hand them everything to "help them get on their feet"..
Just me

Kennett, MO

#4 May 29, 2012
Yep I fully agree with all of these statements! It's ridiculous. All I hear about is people "waiting on their disability" to kick in, or "can't wait til my foodstamps to come in cause I'm gonna BBQ some steaks." them they're outbid money within a week and call to beg for money. Me and my husband work and I'll be damn if I will hand it over to people that won't do something to help themselves out. I understand some people obviously cant work and I respect that but I get aggravated when standing in lone to pay at the doc office ad everyone sitting there has Medicaid. Geez.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 May 30, 2012
Because our government seems to be in favor of creating a society totally dependent on it. No country can last long like that. Too many people these days are raising their kids with no concept of hard work pays off. Or that you have to work to get money to have things like shelter, food, clothing, and even entertainment if you want it. The government is making it too easy to not do those things.
I will admit that I don't know very many welfare recipients any more, but there was a time in my life when I was one. While I went to school to better myself in the job market while having small children at home to raise. As soon as I landed my first job, I got off public assistance immediately and became a tax payer. That kind of help I don't mind giving someone. But the kind where you live on it your whole life and teach your children to do the same? Not ok.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#6 May 30, 2012
Just me wrote:
I had some things that I needed done today, was wanting to hire someone to help me out...sole stuff that I just can't do anymore due to medical conditions (cleaning ceiling fans, scrubbing bathtubs, cleaning a vehicle inside and out, etc). I called 4 people who do not work, who always need money and o one would come and do it, but I bet you my life savings that in a week or two they will be calling around askin for money and saying they can't make it....what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I finally did it all myself, against doctors orders because it had to be done. Good grief!
You're the one that's too lazy to cure yourself. No wonder you gotta pretend other people are your problem ! Why not ask for a cure and get one, even though doctors have no cures ? Seek and you shall find. But lazy people never do.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#7 May 30, 2012
People do not work because they do not need to work. Just vote Democrat, get a doctor to sign your paperwork that you are disabled/hurt/have ADHD/PTSD/whatever, pick your pants up and shuffle off to the services center, fill out THAT paperwork, then shuffle off to the house and sit by the mailbox.

Free phones, EBT cards, checks, etc will start coming, provided by the dumb sumb!tch who actually HAS a job, and gets none of these freebies.

Remember, if you rob Peter to pay Paul, Paul will ALWAYS vote for you.
Well

Kiana, AK

#8 May 30, 2012
There may be many reasons why people don't want to work.
1. They don't want to get up early.
2. They're lazy.
3. For decades America has made it extremely easy not work. It did not start with President Obama. I was on welfare forty years ago, and it was probably easier to get then than now. America wants to be the country who helps everyone. Remember, we're a melting pot. You very people who complain are some of the ones who choose to create a segment of the nation that's dependent on others. It's called charity. In July and August you'll gladly purchase their kids school supplies and clothes. Come Christmastime, you'll trip over your own feet to buy families their Christmas STUFF. At breakneck speed, you'll do charity work by working for measley bucks while you make the CEOs their millions and billions. You run over yourselves to give it to doctors as they fraud.
4. It's more profitable for them not to work.
5. Folks won't pay them well enough for their labor. How much would you pay to have ceiling fans cleaned? Bathtubs scrubbed? Stoves/ranges cleaned? Baseboards cleaned? Commodes cleaned? Floors vacuumed and mopped? Walls, doors, and windows washed? Furniture vacuumed or wiped cleaned? Cobwebs removed form ceiling and corners? Cabinets washed and cleaned? Furniture moved and cleaned behind and underneath? Curtains washed or vacuumed? Drawers cleaned out? Frig and/or freezer cleaned out? Vehicle cleaned inside and outside? Yes, just how much are you willing to pay to have the backbreaking work done?$10 an hour? Yeah right. It's worth every bit AT LEAST $30 an hour. And if it's a once in a blue moon job, it should be more like $80-$100 an hour. What?! You say I must be crazy. Well, no, it's the honest people who do it for less that are crazy. It's hard manual labor and not everyone knows how to clean and not everyone is honest. Most can wipe and swipe. So, you say they don't have a degree, right? Well, it's skilled labor. If you can't afford to have it done, just look at it and wish, because if you pay enough, you'll easily find someone to do the work. Let's look at it this way, if teachers make $200 a day, they should pay $200 a day to have their houses cleaned by honest reputable people. It's worth every penny. I know because I keep a clean house and I know what's required to keep it clean.
6. You all fail to realize that most CEOs or most wealthy people get welfare/public assistance/sudsidies/tax-break s, free this and free that or whatever the government money is called that they receive such as a GRANT, also. It's all easy money that don't have to labor to get. You've been programmed to think with a
one-track mind called brainwashed by the elite.
7. They don't want to go to school to get a higher education because they actually see no need for it.
8. They want to be the proud recipients of your benevolent deeds. You needn't go any further than your public school system. You give them more and more of your tax dollars each year and each year it seems to get worse and worse. Somebody is making mega bucks off of you complaining folks and it runs into the billions and trillions.
9. Why won't they work? You've make it too profitable for them not to work. For decades it's been Americans who have voted in the ELECTED officials that represent you and what you want done in your nation. if you don't like it, do something about it. Oh, but you won't be able to do that, right? The 1% will get their way. You see, they know just how profitable welfare is to their pockets.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#9 May 30, 2012
The bad job market has created a feud between the folks of the land. People without jobs say they have it harder than those who have to have a job and despise those who have to have a job to meet the high cost of living for themselves and those who have a job despise those who don't have to work for a living and make it somehow for years without having to have a job.
Will Work

United States

#10 May 30, 2012
Just me wrote:
I had some things that I needed done today, was wanting to hire someone to help me out...sole stuff that I just can't do anymore due to medical conditions (cleaning ceiling fans, scrubbing bathtubs, cleaning a vehicle inside and out, etc). I called 4 people who do not work, who always need money and o one would come and do it, but I bet you my life savings that in a week or two they will be calling around askin for money and saying they can't make it....what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I finally did it all myself, against doctors orders because it had to be done. Good grief!
If you need someone to help ya out email me at [email protected].i need work it doesnt matter what it is.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 May 30, 2012
People dont want to work. They dont want to help anyone out. They just want to stand around with their hand out. They want the government to feed them, house them, take care of their children and give them medical care. Its a sad situation when the most popular insurance is Medicaid. People have a sick sense of entitlement and no will to help their fellow man. But you can bet one thing, they have the latest cell phones, cigarettes, and patronize the fast food restaurants often! Society today is sorry. The young people of today are pathetic, lazy, and think everyone owes them something. Get off of your butt and go to work and take care of yourself and your kids! These teenagers who have babies need to take themself to work. They are nothing more than another drain on the working people and society. If they are old enough to have a kid they are old enough to work and take care of it.
i'm Hungry

United States

#12 May 30, 2012
I quit working because I've got more important things to do. Life isn't supposed to be about working. Where's the fun in that? I quit my job and got on disability so a younger person can have it. What's wrong with that? Young Americans need to start working, and let the older ones rest.
Just me

Kennett, MO

#13 May 30, 2012
Well wrote:
There may be many reasons why people don't want to work.
1. They don't want to get up early.
2. They're lazy.
3. For decades America has made it extremely easy not work. It did not start with President Obama. I was on welfare forty years ago, and it was probably easier to get then than now. America wants to be the country who helps everyone. Remember, we're a melting pot. You very people who complain are some of the ones who choose to create a segment of the nation that's dependent on others. It's called charity. In July and August you'll gladly purchase their kids school supplies and clothes. Come Christmastime, you'll
trip over your own feet to buy families their Christmas STUFF. At breakneck speed, you'll do charity work by working for measley bucks while you make the CEOs their millions and billions. You run over yourselves to give it to
doctors as they fraud.
4. It's more profitable for them not to work.
5. Folks won't pay them well enough for their labor. How much would you pay to have ceiling fans cleaned? Bathtubs scrubbed? Stoves/ranges cleaned?
Baseboards cleaned? Commodes cleaned? Floors vacuumed and mopped? Walls, doors, and windows washed? Furniture vacuumed or wiped cleaned? Cobwebs removed form ceiling and corners? Cabinets washed and cleaned? Furniture moved and cleaned behind and underneath? Curtains washed or
vacuumed? Drawers cleaned out? Frig and/or freezer cleaned out? Vehicle cleaned inside and outside? Yes, just how much are you willing to pay to have the backbreaking work done?$10 an hour? Yeah right. It's worth every bit AT LEAST $30 an hour. And if it's a once in a blue moon job, it should be
more like $80-$100 an hour. What?! You say I must be crazy. Well, no, it's the honest people who do it for less that are crazy. It's hard manual labor and not everyone knows how to clean and not everyone is honest. Most can wipe and swipe. So, you say they don't have a degree, right? Well, it's skilled labor
. If you can't afford to have it done, just look at it and wish, because if you pay enough, you'll easily find someone to do the work. Let's look at it this way, if teachers make $200 a day, they should pay $200 a day to have their houses cleaned by honest reputable people. It's worth every penny. I know because I
keep a clean house and I know what's required to keep it clean.
6. You all fail to realize that most CEOs or most wealthy people get welfare/public assistance/sudsidies/tax-break s, free this and free that or whatever the government money is called that they receive such as a
GRANT, also. It's all easy money that don't have to labor to get. You've been programmed to think with a
one-track mind called brainwashed by the elite.
7. They don't want to go to school to get a higher education because they actually see no need for it.
8. They want to be the proud recipients of your benevolent deeds. You needn't go any further than your public school system. You give them more and more of your tax dollars each year and each year it seems to get worse
and worse. Somebody is making mega bucks off of you complaining folks and it runs into the billions and trillions.
9. Why won't they work? You've make it too profitable for them not to work. For decades it's been Americans who have voted in the ELECTED officials
that represent you and what you want done in your nation. if you don't like it, do something about it. Oh, but you won't be able to do that, right? The 1% will get their way. You see, they know just how profitable welfare is to their pockets.
I agree with you on most of these issues...but actually, I told them every job and what needed to be done, and told them to name their price. One said,$20 and I told them that I would pay them a lot more than that for their services, we agreed on $50 for 3 hours of work and I would supply the cleaning essentials and the money for running the vehicle through a car wash if they did not want to do it by hand.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#14 May 31, 2012
[QUOTE who="i'm Hungry"] Young Americans need to start working, and let the older ones rest.[/QUOTE]I agree with that more and more as i get older.
KT-Pak

Bethesda, MD

#15 May 31, 2012
I make tons of money punk have to cars adn still draw a check put that in your pip and smoke it white boy and gonna be 4 more years soon so go to work and shut your skinny lips
Yuo

Jonesboro, AR

#16 May 31, 2012
KT-Pak wrote:
I make tons of money punk have to cars adn still draw a check put that in your pip and smoke it white boy and gonna be 4 more years soon so go to work and shut your skinny lips
National Debt pileup
Me too

United States

#17 Jun 15, 2012
I really don't understand why grown men, (45 year old men) not working and supporting their wife and kids, they sure wouldn't understand how we worked in fields and driving trucks just feed our families.
Homemaker

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Jun 15, 2012
My husband makes enough so I can stay at home and take care of him and our daughter 24/7. I get up at 4 every morning cook breakfast, iron uniforms plus work out to keep myself looking good for my man. I worked my ass off for 15 years. Is it considered wrong to not work? I'm not being sarcastic just asking. All of our bills are paid and we are debt free si I think it's ok but I see so many people on here downing other people who do not work.
Me too

United States

#19 Jun 17, 2012
Homemaker wrote:
My husband makes enough so I can stay at home and take care of him and our daughter 24/7. I get up at 4 every morning cook breakfast, iron uniforms plus work out to keep myself looking good for my man. I worked my ass off for 15 years. Is it considered wrong to not work? I'm not being sarcastic just asking. All of our bills are paid and we are debt free si I think it's ok but I see so many people on here downing other people who do not work.
My point exactly, your husband
Sounds like hard worker and still providing for you and your daughter, and you have a full time job taking care of home front, daughter and etc. that is how it is suppose to work!
Buford

United States

#20 Jun 17, 2012
People won't work because it's hard and they're lazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Am The Chosen One 7 min your hair 12
John McCain 10 min Visitor 61
Was Hugh Freeze a whoremonger while he was in J... 13 min just sayin 14
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 20 min Tiffany Trump 38,229
do not buy furniture from ashley homestore (Apr '10) 1 hr tammy wood 86
Tomi Lahren DESTROYS CNN In Under 2 Minutes 1 hr Rose 6
dead beat moms (Dec '08) 1 hr Harv 24

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages