First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Jul 8, 2012
Current LPN student wrote:
<quoted text>I'm 35 and thought the same thing but I realized that I'm definitely not the oldest person taking this class and it doesn't matter how old you are. You just have to desire a better life!
I was fresh out of high school when I did my LPN classes and expected the entire class to be similar. I was VERY wrong. There were a lot of mothers in their mid-late 20's and early 30s. We even had a couple grandmothers in our class. I was in the minority being fresh from high school with no husband or children.
Never feel "too old" for it. You're never too old to better yourself and change your life!

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Do very many men take these classes?

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Jul 8, 2012
guest wrote:
Do very many men take these classes?
there were about 25 people in my graduating class and there was only 2 men in there. I think men could do well in the nursing profession. There are several times when you need a lot of physical strength and I think men are usually better with that than a bunch of women.
Current LPN student

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Jul 9, 2012
I am one of the 4 guys in my class. There are over 30 girls. But it's fun.
Nurse Practioner

Dexter, MO

#25 Jul 9, 2012
I attended the LPN program in Jonesboro several years ago, and I am now a Family Nurse Practitioner. I have also taught in an LPN program in Missouri for 3 years. I feel it really doesn't matter what school you attend, just attend! Your education belongs to you, not a school or a teacher. If you have the drive to do something you will be successful. If a school is accredited then the state feels it is a competent program.

As for "those who can do, and those who can't teach"; I have been a nurse for 20 years and the 3 years I spent teaching were the most difficult years in nursing. An instructor has to be perfect, very knowledgable about all areas of nursing, and has to work extra hours after class time is over preparing for the next day. Instructors give the basic information you need to be successful. It is not their job to spoon feed information.

Nursing is a field that changes daily. One will never be bored and the opportunities are endless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who cares about Cecil the Lion? 5 min guest 9
Nestle changes work schedule AGAIN! 54 min Guest 26
4th red moon 2015 I will be first trillionair (Apr '14) 1 hr guest 18
John McCain Lays Into Fox News And Tea Party, P... 2 hr guest 8
David Roach at walmart 4 hr Franki 11
Gov. Rick Perry indicted by Grand Jury (Aug '14) 4 hr guest 248
Liberals vs conservatives on crime 4 hr guest 8
Petition To End Topix ===> 4 hr guest 41
Poll Where do you think Disclaimer is really going? 5 hr guest 20
Countdown to My Vacation 9 hr Disclaimer 92