softball parent

Jonesboro, AR

#123 May 23, 2012
You all need to stop seriously the city of Jonesboro is finally backing our girls and this is the thanks they get! People like Elite are making a mockery of the sport when were we have real talent and trying to get it at our local college so girls can stay close to home. But no people like you all have to embarrass teams that enjoy the thrill and the achievement of the game!

We are in hard times right now and when someone sponsors you with the mind set that these girls are going to represent Arkansas in a out of state tournament then that's what the money should have went to buy you could have atleast not got on here and bragged about taking sponsorship money to go on a vacation! Because I'm sure there will be expenses for next year that will come up or fall league and I don't you will have supporters to help you along the way... Just a thought!
ELITE!

Euless, TX

#124 May 23, 2012
OH Please wrote:
$1100 a player?? Dang! And your griping about $200 or so? Wow you are some greedy coaches. From what I understand the majority if not all of your players left because you couldn't explain where your funds went. Hhmmm. Interesting, very interesting!
Yes they are greedy and it's very interesting! When you have 6 teams leave from different age groups bc DDS could not explain where all of it was going and also let's not forget about the un-organization.
Elite supporter

Euless, TX

#125 May 23, 2012
swanka wrote:
DDS beat elite
Yep and so did angels, kennett blast, aces and dirt Mafia. Its 8U ball. People get over it! If you don't like the team you don't like them. Oh well.
ELITE!

Euless, TX

#126 May 23, 2012
softball parent wrote:
You all need to stop seriously the city of Jonesboro is finally backing our girls and this is the thanks they get! People like Elite are making a mockery of the sport when were we have real talent and trying to get it at our local college so girls can stay close to home. But no people like you all have to embarrass teams that enjoy the thrill and the achievement of the game!

We are in hard times right now and when someone sponsors you with the mind set that these girls are going to represent Arkansas in a out of state tournament then that's what the money should have went to buy you could have atleast not got on here and bragged about taking sponsorship money to go on a vacation! Because I'm sure there will be expenses for next year that will come up or fall league and I don't you will have supporters to help you along the way... Just a thought!
We didn't take any sponsorship money for a vacation. We raised money for hotel expenses and booked the hotel. The only way we could not loose our money for the hotel is if we stayed with the same company and changed locations. The money was spent when we decided to go. Then had parents that didn't want their girls playing. So we had to choose go to OKC to a tourney we couldn't play in or let the girls have fun spending time together. We aren't doing anything wrong. THE MONEY WAS ALREADY SPENT!
swanka

United States

#127 May 23, 2012
I think I'd rather my daughter play on heartbreakers at least there honest
softball parent

Jonesboro, AR

#128 May 23, 2012
[QUOTE who="ELITE! "]<quoted text>We didn't take any sponsorship money for a vacation. We raised money for hotel expenses and booked the hotel. The only way we could not loose our money for the hotel is if we stayed with the same company and changed locations. The money was spent when we decided to go. Then had parents that didn't want their girls playing. So we had to choose go to OKC to a tourney we couldn't play in or let the girls have fun spending time together. We aren't doing anything wrong. THE MONEY WAS ALREADY SPENT![/QUOTE]
I have never heard of such because I rent hotels in group settings as well and you had plenty of time to cancel and not be penalized. But good luck your you alls journey but I'm sure with all the negative comments this team won't be around long...
smiles

Paragould, AR

#130 May 23, 2012
NEA Elite is Awesome!!!!!

Since: Mar 12

El Monte, CA

#131 May 23, 2012
Im an NEA ELITE coach and I was threatened in this thread that I should have my ass kicked. I am not a cheater nor have I allowed my players to cheat. They love to play and love to have fun with each other no matter where they are! I know I have never threatened a fireball coach our accused then of anything. I know you people are all bent out of shape about where funds are going and you think that we are hurting other teams.you are all entitled to your own opinions but seriously all of this mess is getting old!
ELITE!

Euless, TX

#132 May 23, 2012
smiles wrote:
NEA Elite is Awesome!!!!!
Obviously or we wouldn't be getting this much feedback! They call them haters for a reason! Some people just can't handle others success!
Feel sick

Jonesboro, AR

#133 May 23, 2012
I am begining to feel sick reading all this stuff about these parents on this team. Seriously people, lets move on. Take this up in person if you got a complaint. One question. Is this team incorporated with the state? Are the non-pofit? Because there are rules about fundraising and I don't think you can raise funds to go on vacation. And I don't think you can change your name 3 times in a few weeks. It has to be under someones incroporation, and they names have to stick unless you change them properly with the state. Not trying to stir the pot, just curious how this works on ball teams.
mac

Paragould, AR

#134 May 23, 2012
DDS coach wrote:
First of all there is no $1100 per girl. Yup we have a indoor practice facility that has rent to be paid. We budget $500 per girl. Second go ask some of the girls that left and the parents and they aren't happy with what they are promised and aren't getting it. Or do this go ask joey Shaffer how many girls she has put into a college softball uniform. I know the answer and I also know how many we have. Do get me wrong 8u and 10u have the hardest times staying with a team or organization. We remember you get out what you put in it. Trust me we are very thankful that elite didn't stay with us. After watching how they acted against the fireballs 8u team. Threatening to kick the other teams coaches butts and saying they are using shaved bats. Thrust me it will only get better in 10under. And trust me I'm not poppleton or Henderson. I know for sure you didn't even know I was there.
I heard from current players it was 1000.00! wow
Seriously

United States

#135 May 24, 2012
Talk to anybody who has had dealings with the coaches of NEA Elite and you won't hear even one good thing about them. Not from the parents and not from the kids who have played for them or against them. The word manipulative will come up several times. That's not just in Jonesboro either.
jojo

Jonesboro, AR

#136 May 24, 2012
OH Please wrote:
$1100 a player?? Dang! And your griping about $200 or so? Wow you are some greedy coaches. From what I understand the majority if not all of your players left because you couldn't explain where your funds went. Hhmmm. Interesting, very interesting!
they dont work they need money to paid their bill
ok

Jonesboro, AR

#138 May 24, 2012
parent who quit wrote:
I am the parent who quit and I started this whole thing... I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I never thought about how much I have hurt the other girls on the team and probably made a few of the parents upset also. NEA Elite is a good team with great girls and parents. My problem was with my daughter not playing as much, even though she wasnt as talented I forced her and overstepped my boundaries.

Again I am sorry. Please stop the bashing. I know its not deserved. I overreacted and I am to blame
Have a good time on the trip. You all deserve it!
ok Scotty stay off topix! This is way to far!
Obvious

Jonesboro, AR

#139 May 24, 2012
It is obviously clear who is complaining, threatening and down right harassing this team. DDS and sounds like some Fireballs are in there too. My daughter plays in 10U and every year DDS has been the disliked teams. I find it funny how you are ruthlessly campaigning against these people. Yet you have been on the receiving end of it for years. You're stooping even lower than you were before. This is why you are having to rebuild your organization. Such disrespect is sickening.
breaking news

Euless, TX

#140 May 24, 2012
they city will not allow these teams in to their league next year unless they follow their guidelines all girls must go thru a draft. also several people have ask the state to audit these teams as well as the local tournaments and associations (not just softball). their seems to be a lack of accountability across the board.

Euless, TX

#141 May 24, 2012
breaking news wrote:
they city will not allow these teams in to their league next year unless they follow their guidelines all girls must go thru a draft. also several people have ask the state to audit these teams as well as the local tournaments and associations (not just softball). their seems to be a lack of accountability across the board.
Really!!! I hope our state government has more important issues than 8U softball in Jonesboro.

Since: Mar 12

El Monte, CA

#142 May 24, 2012
breaking news wrote:
I can almost guarantee that there won't be much of a league if they make every girl go through the draft
softball parent

Jonesboro, AR

#143 May 24, 2012
breaking news wrote:
Well breaking news good luck with that I'm not wasting my time or money to place my child in a draft league we will just stay with tournaments!!

Jonesboro, AR

#144 May 24, 2012
Good Lord...PARENTS grow up!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't your mom teach you-if you don't have anything nice to say....don't say anything at all.

Your kids are bright and pick up on your negativity. Please don't influence them this way. Let's keep it fun and teach them the game & good sportsmanship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lonely married women (Jul '09) 1 hr jousef 152
Nestle hiring!! 1 hr Guest 32
"Uncle Jesse" is "Tom Foolery" 2 hr Guest 11
All law enforcement should be required to take ... 2 hr Guest 60
Bill has 16 year old daughter 2 hr Guest 2
nea labor and delivery nurses suck 3 hr Guest 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Guest 30,820
10 Signs Climate Change Is Already Happening 5 hr Barton Farley 58
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search