ATTENTION: Hyla Co. In Paragould SCA...

ATTENTION: Hyla Co. In Paragould SCAM ?!

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Mar 5, 2012
I believe the Hyla Company that has recently been working out of a building on Rockingchair Rd in Paragould AR near the Keg Company is a big SCAM! My little sister has recently started working for them in the office. Their objective is apparently to market Hyla vacuums, but what my sister and the few in the office did was call people out of the phonebook and tell them they were randomly selected to take brief surveys and have been entered to win vacations and prizes. My sister was supposed to work at 4pm today, and went up there around 1pm today and they are emptying the building, rushing, pulling phone-lines out, etc. The phone has also been disconnected. She spoke with her boss who wrote her a personal liberty bank check with no name in corner similar to starter checks for approx 1-2 days work and even took out what he considered federal taxes (math done in his head). He then told her the remaining weeks he owed her for would be sent in the mail which seems extremely sketchy from any standpoint! Other locals in town have been working for this company and I believe they are going to be hit with the same "we'll send you your wages in the mail in a week" story and will never see a penny. This is ridiculous and unacceptable: not only for my sister who is 5mo pregnant and now unemployed and ripped off, but also for anyone else that has been employed by or misled by them. My mother and sister went to the office a 2nd time trying to settle the getting paid and the owner would not give a business card or anything instead he wrote some contact info on a slip of paper. They went to police station to file claim and police told them they must wait 2 weeks after the company disappears without paying them to file a report! If a SCAM is what is occurring I'm sure there will be no way to contact this company in 2 weeks and all of these people will have been ripped out of their time, money, and personal information. The public deserves to know so that action may be taken sooner than later. We always hear of these scams occurring but once anyone catches onto them its too late and they're long gone. Well this one is occurring now, has been reported, and our local officials are going to once again let them get away with it. This is incompetent and absolutely unacceptable. Thank you for your time.

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Mar 5, 2012
I worked for them before that place is a bigggg scam surprised it lasted this long
hyla junkie

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Oct 7, 2012
tru dat
jutta delano

Mattoon, IL

#4 Jan 31, 2013
my daughter husband started there last week or so ago there in charlston ill and now he found out its a scam they have a 2 month old baby no job no pay.how they supost to make it .and then the police said wait 2 weeks whats wrong with the law,this will give them lots of time to get away and you will never hear anything about this f... company again
Brett

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2013
This job is a scam. It was posted on Craigslist a few days ago, I went in for my interview and the dude had his young child with him at work, like I thought this job was supposed to be professional as I was told via phone. I'm supposed to start Tuesday and my training is unpaid which is total bull.$825 a week? Total scam. Called the Dept. of Labor and the police and they're watching out for them. I'm assuming its the same people or they're all affiliated with each other. "Mr. Keith" like really... Couldn't even tell me his real name.
Nancy

United States

#6 Feb 8, 2013
I live here in Paragould and never heard of them. Suppose they didn't stay long enough.
Steven Brown

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jun 26, 2013
I am in Ogden, Utah. A sales representative sold me a used machine with the promise of maintenance. He took my power vacuum attachment three weeks ago and has not returned with it or returned any of my phone calls. He sold us the machine at $1,700.00. I found the same one, reconditioned, online for $428.00. I have been to the authentic Hyla website; they warn potential customers that anyone who cannot produce the papers from Hyla for the warranty cannot because they are not authorized to sell them. Fraud is a felony offense punishable by fines and imprisonment.
That is where these people need to be that demonstrate the machine without the authority of Hyla.
poo

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jun 26, 2013
Steven Brown wrote:
I am in Ogden, Utah. A sales representative sold me a used machine with the promise of maintenance. He took my power vacuum attachment three weeks ago and has not returned with it or returned any of my phone calls. He sold us the machine at $1,700.00. I found the same one, reconditioned, online for $428.00. I have been to the authentic Hyla website; they warn potential customers that anyone who cannot produce the papers from Hyla for the warranty cannot because they are not authorized to sell them. Fraud is a felony offense punishable by fines and imprisonment.
That is where these people need to be that demonstrate the machine without the authority of Hyla.
You're a dumbass for paying that much anyway
Koeseph

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2013
This crap will continue if we don't file reports! Let's put them in their place!
Anonymous

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2014
Guest wrote:
I worked for them before that place is a bigggg scam surprised it lasted this long
most of the employees there have felony records can't find employment as easily elsewhere...not good people to work for
hii

Jackson, TN

#11 Oct 26, 2014
I worked there n2007. Sold 7 in two weeks.didnt get the bonus as promised.i quit.put many miles on car.got paid $200. B.j.the owner n paragould.if id seen him agan he wudve had a foot put in his ass.i wrote better buisness beraue about them.ne state he puts buisness in need to b closed.thay rip u off
Tay

Frisco, TX

#12 Jan 15, 2015
My last day of training is with BJ tomorrow, will you tell me why I shouldn't go back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 7 min guest 19
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 15 min Rupert B Jigglebo... 25
News Active-shooter alert by ASU went too far, defen... 57 min seen it 6
Jonesboro, AR. Lawyer 1 hr Guest 3
Lochte vs. Hillary 1 hr Lazy Southerner 2
Vikki McGee Band 1 hr Tink 2
Former burger joint name ? 2 hr Guest 10
Dear Republicans 9 hr nacwlsn 40

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web