Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Republican Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey was in Washington D.C. today. He personally met with President Obama and asked for a $35D Federal handout to help those suffering citizens of his great state.

Whats wrong with that picture?

United States

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
Republican Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey was in Washington D.C. today. He personally met with President Obama and asked for a $35D Federal handout to help those suffering citizens of his great state.
Obama is giving a helluva lot more on crap that needs it a helluva lot less.

Topix Bar and Grill

#4 Dec 6, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is giving a helluva lot more on crap that needs it a helluva lot less.
Thats not the picture that was painted today.

United States

#5 Dec 6, 2012
OK Libtard...just what kind of picture was painted?

Topix Bar and Grill

#6 Dec 6, 2012
guest wrote:
OK Libtard...just what kind of picture was painted?
Lets not paint that picture anything other than what we all know it is. Christie went to DC to claim entitlements for his state.

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Lets not paint that picture anything other than what we all know it is. Christie went to DC to claim entitlements for his state.
So?

Topix Bar and Grill

#8 Dec 7, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>So?
I say its just fine too. The point is the republican taliban like to poo-poo President Obama as a leader until they personally need his leadership. And they hate handouts entitlements unless they personally need some handouts entitlements.

Thats the obvious point.
dookypantz

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Dec 7, 2012
I don't know what $35D means.

Topix Bar and Grill

#10 Dec 7, 2012
dookypantz wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what $35D means.
Ill have to blame that on my Andriod tablet box. The text editor is constantly changing stuff to what it thinks I meant to type. But I understand it was beyond your capacity to figure out $35B. Especially since it was only in everybodies face from the news.
Dr Huxtable

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 7, 2012
Left Brain Thinker.. You are 100% right. I know plenty of professed republicans who get government help.. I Just do not get it!!!

United States

#12 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
I say its just fine too. The point is the republican taliban like to poo-poo President Obama as a leader until they personally need his leadership. And they hate handouts entitlements unless they personally need some handouts entitlements.
Thats the obvious point.
I don't see how this is a d" personal" handout. Your point is moot.

Topix Bar and Grill

#13 Dec 7, 2012
Dr Huxtable wrote:
Left Brain Thinker.. You are 100% right. I know plenty of professed republicans who get government help.. I Just do not get it!!!
Its easy to "get". They are hypocrites. Especially about money.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#14 Dec 7, 2012
If you look at an electoral map of election 2012 you'll find that the states voting red are the exact same states that recieve the bulk of government assistance.

"We lost the election Sean"

hahaha

Topix Bar and Grill

#15 Dec 7, 2012
(CNN)- Chris Christie's praise of President Barack Obama following this fall's devastating storm doesn't mean the acerbic New Jerseyite has changed his ways it just means Obama got it right.

So said Christie in an interview on "The Daily Show" Thursday, in which the Garden State governor said his past criticism of the president wasn't necessarily at odds with his newfound appreciation for Obama's leadership.

Little Rock, AR

#16 Dec 7, 2012
I agree that Republicans rail against the president until they need something but I will give Christie credit for publicly thanking President Obama and praising his efforts to provide assistance quickly & efficiently after the storm. He took a lot of heat from his own party but he did the right thing for the people of his state.

I think the American people saw their president moving swiftly to provide federal assistance in an emergency thus rising above the politics and using the situation to punish Christie for his past criticisms. They both put the people above politics and it was a nice reminder of a less divided time. Federal dissastor air shouldn't be a politicized expense. We never know when any state may need it.

Cathouse Mouse

#18 Dec 7, 2012
Guest wrote:
I agree that Republicans rail against the president until they need something but I will give Christie credit for publicly thanking President Obama and praising his efforts to provide assistance quickly & efficiently after the storm. He took a lot of heat from his own party but he did the right thing for the people of his state.
I think the American people saw their president moving swiftly to provide federal assistance in an emergency thus rising above the politics and using the situation to punish Christie for his past criticisms. They both put the people above politics and it was a nice reminder of a less divided time. Federal dissastor air shouldn't be a politicized expense. We never know when any state may need it.
Christie went to Washington, thanked the President again, then asked for $35Billion in recovery revenues for his state.

He then went straight back to New Jersey and signed off on implementing Obamacare regulated provisions for his state.

One could deduct that Christie is "two-faced". I disagree. Christie is a Republican politician and he stands for Republican principles, but he also realizes that there are limits to political posturing. When America,(any part of America) is in a crisis, politics come second to solving the problem.

Christie has an amount of respect from me, but I wouldn't vote for him as President. He's an ass. I mean he is a rude, self serving, disrespectful fat slob when he's not in a "needy" situation.

Topix Bar and Grill

#19 Dec 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie went to Washington, thanked the President again, then asked for $35Billion in recovery revenues for his state.
He then went straight back to New Jersey and signed off on implementing Obamacare regulated provisions for his state.
One could deduct that Christie is "two-faced". I disagree. Christie is a Republican politician and he stands for Republican principles, but he also realizes that there are limits to political posturing. When America,(any part of America) is in a crisis, politics come second to solving the problem.
Christie has an amount of respect from me, but I wouldn't vote for him as President. He's an ass. I mean he is a rude, self serving, disrespectful fat slob when he's not in a "needy" situation.
We might very well see Christie fun for POUTS one day on a Democratic ticket.

Cathouse Mouse

#20 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>
We might very well see Christie fun for POUTS one day on a Democratic ticket.
He could very well be Hillary's pick for VP in 2016 as a bi-partisan ticket.
4 sure

Marion, AR

#22 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>We might very well see Christie fun for POUTS one day on a Democratic ticket.
Yall can have him. Hes a rino

Topix Bar and Grill

#23 Dec 7, 2012
4 sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yall can have him. Hes a rino
He was a keynote speaker at the republican taliban jihah Convention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberal silence 21 min Fo Show 56
what if bacon came from kittens? 46 min guest 236
Obama has Proposed 442 Tax Hikes Since Taking O... (Apr '14) 49 min guest 9
Why do people watch Fox news 51 min guest 22
Jeremiah 10:1_25 52 min guest 10
Democrats and welfare has destroyed the family 54 min guest 22
name a decent black city 55 min guest 11
Jesus 1 hr guest 452
Jonesboro Ar. Topix Hero of the Year - 2014 4 hr Not Quite Here 94
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 7 hr lovemarriedmen 309