Arkansas House passes bill to allow g...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#24 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
That is clearly a close case that is real. But it is also a where a gun would not have saved the victim unless perhaps she was wearing it in a holster gunfighter style. Owning a gun isn't the same thing as being trained in how to use one.
You're merely speculating. I'll say this, a woman with a gun is in a far better position to defend herself from a man attacking her with a knife than she would be without one.

This thread started off by questioning why anyone would need a gun in a church. I think the numerous incidents of violent acts committed inside churches, even right here in Jonesboro, more than sufficiently answers that question.

If you don't want to pack a gun to church, then don't. Others may make a different choice.
Well

Jonesboro, AR

#25 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Such examples usually prove to be false. But even if true, none of them occurred in Arkansas.
Several years ago a woman at Southwest Church of Christ was beaten very badly. There have been numerous break-ins and robberies in recent years. In several of those there were people in the church when it happened. It's just a matter of time before one of these church robbing thugs decides to attack someone. Maybe the knowledge that some members may be armed will make them reconsider.
Arkie

Farmington, AR

#26 Feb 12, 2013
I can't believe that with all the crazy killers targeting gun-free zones in almost every mass murder, that anyone could rationally determine that church carry by law-abiding CHCL permit holders should even be remotely challenged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good job voting for Trump he is going to send m... 57 min Guest 28
Where are the watchmen 58 min Guest Almighty 17
Alex Jones on eclipse 1 hr Guest Almighty 22
Monsters Under My Bed LA. 1 hr Christie Taylor 3
1 Trillion Dollar Lawsuit Filed Against MSM For... (Jan '15) 1 hr Rosco Crisp Bacon 134
Burt Samples 1 hr Wife 2
24 hour gym 1 hr Tom 1

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages