Nettleton Teacher Arrested

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Nov 15, 2010
I saw this in the paper today. I had a son in her class years ago.

Any ideas what happened. We loved her.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Nov 15, 2010
I didnt see it.Who was it. What was she arrested for.
Who

Paragould, AR

#3 Nov 16, 2010
Who was the teacher?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Nov 16, 2010
I dont remember her name. Fox meadow teacher. She was tweeking out on meth in the street.
Is this the story

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Nov 16, 2010
JONESBORO A report of a 50-year-old woman screaming and yelling early Sunday led to her arrest, Jonesboro police said.

Cynthia Jo Hendrix, 1231 South Madison Ave., was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance (meth) and tampering with physical evidence. She was also cited for public intoxication.

Officer Joe Robinson said the report sent him to South Madison Avenue, where he shined his spotlight and noticed a woman lying in the middle of the road holding a cat.

[Hendrix] jumped to her feet and tossed the cat that she was holding into the yard, Robinson said.

Police allege that Hendrix then started ballet dancing and tried to hug Robinson, who placed her into the back seat of his patrol car. Hendrix was taken to the Craighead County jail, and police found a small bag of meth on her, Robinson said.

Hendrix will appear today before District Judge Keith Blackman for a probable cause hearing.
hipster the hippo

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2010
Is this the story wrote:
JONESBORO A report of a 50-year-old woman screaming and yelling early Sunday led to her arrest, Jonesboro police said.
Cynthia Jo Hendrix, 1231 South Madison Ave., was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance (meth) and tampering with physical evidence. She was also cited for public intoxication.
Officer Joe Robinson said the report sent him to South Madison Avenue, where he shined his spotlight and noticed a woman lying in the middle of the road holding a cat.
[Hendrix] jumped to her feet and tossed the cat that she was holding into the yard, Robinson said.
Police allege that Hendrix then started ballet dancing and tried to hug Robinson, who placed her into the back seat of his patrol car. Hendrix was taken to the Craighead County jail, and police found a small bag of meth on her, Robinson said.
Hendrix will appear today before District Judge Keith Blackman for a probable cause hearing.
hahahahaha wow! is layin in the street holding a cat, ballet dancing, or hugging someone an arrest worthy offence? why did they take her to the jail?
ok ok

Little Rock, AR

#7 Nov 16, 2010
hipster the hippo wrote:
<quoted text>hahahahaha wow! is layin in the street holding a cat, ballet dancing, or hugging someone an arrest worthy offence? why did they take her to the jail?
they found meth on her.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Nov 16, 2010
Drugs... Good lord people. When will we ever learn? Hope she doesn't lose her job.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Nov 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
Drugs... Good lord people. When will we ever learn? Hope she doesn't lose her job.
What do you mean "Hope she doesn't lose her job"? Surely you do not think that a meth user should be teaching your children?
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#10 Nov 16, 2010
Does anyone know her? I'd like to know if her friends or people she worked with suspected anything.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Nov 16, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "Hope she doesn't lose her job"? Surely you do not think that a meth user should be teaching your children?
I am going to wait until all the facts are in as much as the public will ever know them. She seems like a tremendously nice person. There is nothing I know of that shows she is a habitual user. No reports of erratic behavior with the children she teaches (just the opposite). Will she seeks substance abuse treatment? All factors in whether she should stay a teacher. George Bush was a former coke user and he got to be president - after he cleaned up his act. Hope this lady gets and makes the most of a second chance.
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#12 Nov 16, 2010
Is this dr. Keith hendrix's ex?
Amen

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Nov 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to wait until all the facts are in as much as the public will ever know them. She seems like a tremendously nice person. There is nothing I know of that shows she is a habitual user. No reports of erratic behavior with the children she teaches (just the opposite). Will she seeks substance abuse treatment? All factors in whether she should stay a teacher. George Bush was a former coke user and he got to be president - after he cleaned up his act. Hope this lady gets and makes the most of a second chance.
Amen. I couldn't have said it better. My child is in that room and I am NOT passing judgement until I know the facts. We ADORE her. She has made such a positive difference in our child's life that is could NOT be a long lasting habit.
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#14 Nov 16, 2010
Amen. I couldn't have said it better. My child is in that room and I am NOT passing judgement until I know the facts. We ADORE her. She has made such a positive difference in our child's life that is could NOT be a long lasting habit.
you have got to be kidding. You do not want anyone who is on drugs, especially meth, around your kids. There are prople that are functioning addicts. Not every meth addict has rotten teeth and is stick thin. She could be using everyday or be coming off of a high when she is with your kid. Please, do not trust a drug addict to take care of your child. The parents should be demanding that she be removed. They should also be questioning their kids to see if anything crazy has happened in the classroom. I am a teacher, and this whole ordeal is shocking.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Nov 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
Amen. I couldn't have said it better. My child is in that room and I am NOT passing judgement until I know the facts. We ADORE her. She has made such a positive difference in our child's life that is could NOT be a long lasting habit.
you have got to be kidding. You do not want anyone who is on drugs, especially meth, around your kids. There are prople that are functioning addicts. Not every meth addict has rotten teeth and is stick thin. She could be using everyday or be coming off of a high when she is with your kid. Please, do not trust a drug addict to take care of your child. The parents should be demanding that she be removed. They should also be questioning their kids to see if anything crazy has happened in the classroom. I am a teacher, and this whole ordeal is shocking.
So you don't like the idea of waiting until all the facts are in?
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#16 Nov 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't like the idea of waiting until all the facts are in?
Being arrested for possession of meth and public intox are enough facts for me. I wouldn't trust anyone like this with my child.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Nov 16, 2010
By chance you weren't a juror in the West Memphis Three trial were you? Things aren't always what they appear to be. Police reports shouldn't, I repeat SHOULDN'T, be taken at face value. An attractive educated lady arrested by the police - what was the compelling public interest that required a police report and newspaper article designed to humiliate the arrestee? She wasn't causing a disturbance when the police arrived. What was the nature of the search that yielded drugs? Or tampering with evidence charges? Seems like way overkill to me. Did the officer feel he was physical threatened when and if the lady tried to hug him? Maybe she just wasn't the usual low caliber of intoxicated domestic dispute the police are used to dealing with. The public intoxication is a misdemeanor charge- and she hasn't been found guilty yet. Nor are the facts clear yet about the drugs issue. I see several people who know her saying very good things about her teaching their kids. Rushing to judgement is always a mistake.
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#18 Nov 16, 2010
The article said she had meth on her. It was taken from the police record. You don't take chances with your kids. If my childs teacher is arrested for posession of meth, then I no longer want that person around my child.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Nov 16, 2010
FYI not the same lady!!!
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Nov 16, 2010
Guest wrote:
FYI not the same lady!!!
Come again? Could you say a little more?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus 3 min guest 563
Liberal silence 9 min Guest 158
Texas/Arkansas 20 min guest 7
Atheists 32 min joe 41
what if bacon came from kittens? 36 min OMG 324
Bush vs Clinton 1 hr Todd 5
i want proof that black girls r better than whi... (Apr '11) 1 hr john boy 66
How About This 'Baggers ? 8 hr Guest 47
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:23 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:23PM
Ogletree, Laurinaitis 1-2 in tackles entering finale - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:50 PM
Complete Preview of Rams vs. Seahawks
Bleacher Report12:06 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Complete Week 17 Preview for Tennessee
Bleacher Report 2:12 AM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Complete Week 17 Preview for Seattle
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Titans