Goodbye Quad/Graphics
frank-lin

Houston, TX

#67 Mar 9, 2012
is jonesboro getting a package of any kind?

“We are watching you.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#68 Mar 9, 2012
Professor Know It All wrote:
is that you, M.E.?
<quoted text>
Yes, I may be able to help some of the mechanics and electricians out if they are interested.
me sayz

Monette, AR

#69 Mar 9, 2012
since the plant is union, it will be tough for employees to get jobs at non-union plants. They do not want union people as employees.
nra

Jonesboro, AR

#70 Mar 9, 2012
bindary worker wrote:
<quoted text>U dumb ass idiot. Obama had nothing to do with the plant closing up. Just goes to show what REDNECKS know. Blame it on Joel.
I know right the rednecks thought he was going to take their guns away when he got elected. So they ran out and bought up all ammo. And the first thing he did was loosen gun laws. What idiots
dedication

Jonesboro, AR

#71 Mar 9, 2012
Ya'll make sure you do an extra good job til they throw ya out the door. We don't want to give Jonesboro a bad name in printing.

Jonesboro, AR

#72 Mar 9, 2012
it was a dump anyway. alot of dumb people working for a super dumb owners

United States

#74 Mar 9, 2012
This is sad. This plant was a cornerstone in Jonesboro. Such good, hard-working people worked there. I'm sorry for them all.

United States

#75 Mar 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>i just moved here last week can you tell me what road arandell is located on?
Minnesota...better not unpack!
getting better

Jonesboro, AR

#76 Mar 9, 2012
GuEsT wrote:
This is sad. This plant was a cornerstone in Jonesboro. Such good, hard-working people worked there. I'm sorry for them all.
over 277000 jobs added in the united states in the last 3 months.. things are getting better.. keep your heads up. thanks mr president for working hard to get this country back on course after 8yrs of leadership..
Printmaster

United States

#77 Mar 9, 2012
bindary worker wrote:
U dumb ass idiot. Obama had nothing to do with the plant closing up. Just goes to show what REDNECKS know. Blame it on Joel.<quoted text>
Joel is just doing what he perceives to be the best for his business. I don't blame him. He's not running a charity! All you limp wristed liberal sh*t for brains think businessmen owe you a living. You're living in a dream world. You agreed that if "Joel" paid you $ XX.00 an hour you would use your talent to get a catalog or magazine out the door. He kept up his part of the bargain. The problem here is the wart nosed stinker in the White House has screwed up our economy to the point that the only way Joel can keep his company afloat is to close plants, reduce payroll and consolidate manufacturing.

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#78 Mar 9, 2012
AWESOME! we have missed you, people still say that they wish you were still with us.
hope that all is well for you, you deserve a good life.
We Know all wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I may be able to help some of the mechanics and electricians out if they are interested.

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#80 Mar 9, 2012
the family thanks you again for your kind words.
however, after eight years our faith, hopes and dreams of finding that turtle are weaning.
my mother-in-law has promised to call the turtleman.
LIVE ACTION!
Christmas Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>Keep the faith, bro.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#81 Mar 9, 2012
Professor Know It All wrote:
the family thanks you again for your kind words.
however, after eight years our faith, hopes and dreams of finding that turtle are weaning.
my mother-in-law has promised to call the turtleman.
LIVE ACTION!
<quoted text>
Woo hoo.
Keep your powder dry.

Jonesboro, AR

#83 Mar 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>getting better my azz!!!! so if things are better .....where are the jobs
get off topix long enough to find one. Most of the big factories ate hiring nestle Alberto Fritto nordex nicpac are hiring. Post was taking apps. What more do want. So one to hold your hand. If a man or woman wants job they are out there. Oh and your welcome for a few leads. Now you need to get off your ass and quit making excuses for yourself and find a job
not here

Jonesboro, AR

#84 Mar 9, 2012
I don't see a help wanted site on topix. So you looking in the wrong. Try workforce They have all kinds of jobs. Last I heard Alberto was getting to add over a hundred jobs in the next year
truthbetold

Caraway, AR

#85 Mar 9, 2012
I'm wondering why the media has not contacted anyone in the union here for the other side of the story. All that has been reported is the "official company position". People here need to be told about the real circumstances of why over 600 of their family, friends, and neighbors will soon be unemployeed.
dedication

Jonesboro, AR

#86 Mar 9, 2012
truthbetold wrote:
I'm wondering why the media has not contacted anyone in the union here for the other side of the story.
I don't know this for a fact but I would have to assume it has to do with a little piece a paper that each employee signed when Quad purchased the Jonesboro plant. They had a whole booklet addressing this subject.
Happy Girl

Paragould, AR

#87 Mar 9, 2012
This is so sad. I have lots of friends and family that worked there.
truthbetold

Caraway, AR

#88 Mar 9, 2012
I don't understand why any booklet or piece of paper signed by anyone would keep the media from trying to talk to any of the employees.

Little Rock, AR

#89 Mar 10, 2012
truthbetold wrote:
I'm wondering why the media has not contacted anyone in the union here for the other side of the story. All that has been reported is the "official company position". People here need to be told about the real circumstances of why over 600 of their family, friends, and neighbors will soon be unemployeed.
Good point! The only person I've heard interviewed is the owner of Couch's BBQ! What the hell does he know about it? Why not talk to union members, plant manager, someone a little more directly involved than a BBQ joint owner down the street!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hush Money Hannuty 24 min guest 19
Christie matthews 36 min Guest 1
JP Stacks 36 min guest in jonesboro 4
Worthless Nothing 1 hr Guest 24
Internet tampering 2 hr Guest 7
News Suit filed against Walnut Ridge officers, mayor... 2 hr jjj 7
Woman observed at NEA Clinic 4 hr Bazoras 1

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages