USPS tracking error?

Since: Jan 13

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2013
I ordered a package with tracking it says it was delivered at 600pm Jan 26 2013 but my mail ran at 1000 am Jan 26 2013. Has anyone had this same issue I highly doubt it was stolen from my mailbox and I don't believe USPS is out delivering after dark. Could it just be an error in the system or still on the truck? TIA

Since: Jan 13

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2013
Also the mailing address is correct. But I've heard USPS is terrible with tracking but I've ordered alot using them and never had problems before now.
Maybe

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jan 26, 2013
Maybe it was scanned as it was loaded on the truck for Mondays delivery???

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#4 Jan 26, 2013
you need to call the post office. As far as delivery time, sometimes, depending on the size of the package and for other reasons, they may deliver it separate from regular delivery.

Personally I never trust usps tracking system. My orders either never appear on it or it was a day or two behind.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Jan 26, 2013
theycallmemrB wrote:
I ordered a package with tracking it says it was delivered at 600pm Jan 26 2013 but my mail ran at 1000 am Jan 26 2013. Has anyone had this same issue I highly doubt it was stolen from my mailbox and I don't believe USPS is out delivering after dark. Could it just be an error in the system or still on the truck? TIA
You need to go outside your house and look around every door and under your carport I have had several packages just left sitting at the front door and carport. They even left it at my neighbors door one time.
Sam I am

Ash Flat, AR

#6 Jan 27, 2013
theycallmemrB wrote:
I ordered a package with tracking it says it was delivered at 600pm Jan 26 2013 but my mail ran at 1000 am Jan 26 2013. Has anyone had this same issue I highly doubt it was stolen from my mailbox and I don't believe USPS is out delivering after dark. Could it just be an error in the system or still on the truck? TIA
No it's not a mistake, The government never make a mistake.
Sam I am

Ash Flat, AR

#7 Jan 27, 2013
If at all possible I never use USPS, Go with UPS or Fed X. You get good service from them.
Guest

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Why would you use USPS, I'd rather use UPS or FedEx, much more reliable.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Guest wrote:
Why would you use USPS, I'd rather use UPS or FedEx, much more reliable.
personally I rather use USPS. UPS or FedEx usually stops by in the late afternoon or early evening when I am usually gone. IMO, they are all just as reliable.
qwe

Memphis, TN

#10 Jan 28, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go outside your house and look around every door and under your carport I have had several packages just left sitting at the front door and carport. They even left it at my neighbors door one time.
They often leave mine in a ditch that is full of water.
Alan1978

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Jan 28, 2013
I have a delivery that tracking said was delivered on the 22nd and I have still not received it.
guest

United States

#12 Jan 28, 2013
They have delivered mine to wrong houses numerous times. Other times I have found my stuff scattered all over the yard were they left it on porch and the dogs got ahold of it

Since: Jan 13

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Jan 28, 2013
It could have been delivered to the wrong address or possibly scanned incorrectly at the receiving unit. They could have hit the wrong selection on the scanner and selected delivered instead of enroute. Call your local post office and let them know about the issue.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#14 Jan 28, 2013
I plan on calling in the morning. I would never use them the place I purchased from using them they are looking into it for me but I waited another day just incase and no luck was suppose to be here Friday and now it's monday and still haven't received my package. A waste of 25 dollars for priority mail. Why don't they just shit USPS down they are obsolete compared to every where else I'm extremely pissed. Lol like terrorisitic threatening mad but I know that would lead to nowhere but federal prison. If it's not here by 10 Tuesday I'm going up there to throw a fit lol watch the news may get arrested XD

Since: Jan 13

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jan 29, 2013
theycallmemrB wrote:
I plan on calling in the morning. I would never use them the place I purchased from using them they are looking into it for me but I waited another day just incase and no luck was suppose to be here Friday and now it's monday and still haven't received my package. A waste of 25 dollars for priority mail. Why don't they just shit USPS down they are obsolete compared to every where else I'm extremely pissed. Lol like terrorisitic threatening mad but I know that would lead to nowhere but federal prison. If it's not here by 10 Tuesday I'm going up there to throw a fit lol watch the news may get arrested XD
I completely understand. I actually work for them and I personally do not use them either. They are constantly trying to cut standards and the help we get these days seems to be bottom of the barrel. I don't know that we will see a day without the post office but it looks more and more likely with the increasing technology. I believe that one day all that will be handled by the Post Office is parcels if they are still around. They are in the process of major downsizing and one reason is lack of good customer service and people that care. I am sorry about your bad experience and hope you find your package! One of my good friends recently had the exact same problem. His had been delivered to the wrong address.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apologize to Hillary HERE === > 3 hr Guest 17
Free Tin Foil Hats 5 hr dull needle 3
Tinfoil Hat Teabaggers 5 hr dull needle 27
women of dillards 6 hr ok 12
Britain exits European Union 6 hr SickOfGreyBoxingRats 84
illegals with tb spread around states... 6 hr AmericaFirst 1
Farage Roasts EU Bureaucrats 6 hr SickOfGreyBoxingRats 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages