Super Bowl on Food Stamp Weekend

Super Bowl on Food Stamp Weekend

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Workin Person

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Feb 4, 2012
I was in the grocery store this afternoon just picking up a couple of items. Big mistake. All of the checkout lanes were lined up 4 or 5 carts long and those carts were filled to the top with meats, sodas, chips, party trays of veggies, you get my drift. These people did not look like party giving people. So I finally figured it out. It's food stamp weekend and also Superbowl Sunday. 8 bottles of Diet Coke in the cart in front of me and the girl was still fat. Guess the 4 bags of chips counteracted it. Anyway, if you don't need to go to the store, don't. You've been advised. It's not fun.
haha

United States

#2 Feb 4, 2012
U stupid moron, so u judge people of how much money they got on how they are dressed or look.....bet you werent no beauty queen or king yourself...going to the stores around here are never fun regardless of what weekend it is....go cry on somebody elses shoulder cause u had to wait in line......booooohooooo
hmmmmm

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2012
So ya have to be on foodstamps to fill your cart up with meat and foods ya like? Maybe she was a working mom who was enjoying her day without having to get dressed up. I do that on saturdays....its my comfy day. Since you are a working person maybe you shouldve filled your cart up and ya wouldnt have to go to the store as often for just a few items. Stick that in your ear.
Workin Person

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Two replies from the same ip but different names. Did you get enough food stamp goodies for your party at the store today? It was crowded in the store wasn't it? Go on and admit it. I don't know what you're going to feed those kids the rest of the month since you blew it all on ribs, chips and dip, and sodas for tomorrow.
Guest

Dallas, TX

#5 Feb 4, 2012
The first Saturday of every month sucks to go grocery shopping. ALL of the hungry foodstamp entitled are out, racking up, so they can eat like pigs the first week, to get ready to starve the rest of the month.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 4, 2012
So....is it a federal law that people aren't allowed to use foodstamps on a Super Bowl weekend? While they were waiting for their money... you had a WHOLE YEAR to buy for the Super Bowl. Kind of like Christmas..wait until THE DAY BEFORE:) Seriously? If this is your biggest gripe in todays society..you & that Candy Craze thread idiot need to hang out together. Do your shopping on an "off" day. I think you're just bent because they ran short on football cupcakes:) Trust me...as long as you have a television & beer, all is good!
Workin Person

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Feb 4, 2012
The Laptop Lolita wrote:
So....is it a federal law that people aren't allowed to use foodstamps on a Super Bowl weekend? While they were waiting for their money... you had a WHOLE YEAR to buy for the Super Bowl. Kind of like Christmas..wait until THE DAY BEFORE:) Seriously? If this is your biggest gripe in todays society..you & that Candy Craze thread idiot need to hang out together. Do your shopping on an "off" day. I think you're just bent because they ran short on football cupcakes:) Trust me...as long as you have a television & beer, all is good!
You know what smart girl? Your unwanted advise drove everyone crazy on this and the Paragould board for a long long time, and now you sarcasm is driving us crazy. Why don't you just take yourself a Topix vacation. Or if you just can't stay away from Topix, find some other towns to annoy for say, the rest of your life. We've had you for way too long. And you can just stick my opinions right up your conceited little butt. Oh if you were only as clever as you envision yourself to be.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Feb 4, 2012
Workin Person wrote:
I was in the grocery store this afternoon just picking up a couple of items. Big mistake. All of the checkout lanes were lined up 4 or 5 carts long and those carts were filled to the top with meats, sodas, chips, party trays of veggies, you get my drift. These people did not look like party giving people. So I finally figured it out. It's food stamp weekend and also Superbowl Sunday. 8 bottles of Diet Coke in the cart in front of me and the girl was still fat. Guess the 4 bags of chips counteracted it. Anyway, if you don't need to go to the store, don't. You've been advised. It's not fun.
Yep. Both Walmart and the grocery were clogged up with morbidly obese folks riding around in electric carts.
guest

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2012
Workin Person wrote:
<quoted text>You know what smart girl? Your unwanted advise drove everyone crazy on this and the Paragould board for a long long time, and now you sarcasm is driving us crazy. Why don't you just take yourself a Topix vacation. Or if you just can't stay away from Topix, find some other towns to annoy for say, the rest of your life. We've had you for way too long. And you can just stick my opinions right up your conceited little butt. Oh if you were only as clever as you envision yourself to be.
pretty sure half if not all your family is on food stamps. You are no better.
same ip again

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2012
I dont care if i have 50 ips...not scared of you
..u can say how u feel but noone else is suppose to?.......and your unwanted bull is not welcomed either.....im glad lolita is driving you crazy, sounds like you are anyway. And talk about annoying, that you are.....do u really think anyone cares your the isp king?.....shows what a boring life u live.
hmmmmm

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2012
I remember u now, u were the one standing so close to me i could feel u breathing down my neck drooling over my ribs, chips and diet sodas, even my friend thought u were gonna mug us in the parking lot over our food.

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#12 Feb 4, 2012
They should let those folks buy beer with food stamps on superbowl weekend.
It ain't right to not have beer on superbowl weekend.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Feb 4, 2012
Christmas Hunter wrote:
They should let those folks buy beer with food stamps on superbowl weekend.
It ain't right to not have beer on superbowl weekend.
Lol. U so crazy. You must not be in the 35% tax bracket. But whatever, I like your humor
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 4, 2012
The Laptop Lolita wrote:
So....is it a federal law that people aren't allowed to use foodstamps on a Super Bowl weekend? While they were waiting for their money... you had a WHOLE YEAR to buy for the Super Bowl. Kind of like Christmas..wait until THE DAY BEFORE:) Seriously? If this is your biggest gripe in todays society..you & that Candy Craze thread idiot need to hang out together. Do your shopping on an "off" day. I think you're just bent because they ran short on football cupcakes:) Trust me...as long as you have a television & beer, all is good!
Waiting on "our " money

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 4, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting on "our " money
Nope sorry to disappoint...& to the poster who keeps saying "we" are sick of me... how big of a girl are you? Or do you carry mice around in your pocket? I wasn't aware Topix had elected a spokesperson... do they pay you in foodstamps?:)
hardworker

Monette, AR

#16 Feb 4, 2012
Workin Person wrote:
I was in the grocery store this afternoon just picking up a couple of items. Big mistake. All of the checkout lanes were lined up 4 or 5 carts long and those carts were filled to the top with meats, sodas, chips, party trays of veggies, you get my drift. These people did not look like party giving people. So I finally figured it out. It's food stamp weekend and also Superbowl Sunday. 8 bottles of Diet Coke in the cart in front of me and the girl was still fat. Guess the 4 bags of chips counteracted it. Anyway, if you don't need to go to the store, don't. You've been advised. It's not fun.
Seriously, it takes more work to get food stamps than it does to get a job. I guess you think that the poor family of 5 that gets $347 a month in food stamps is really living it up! What a bitch you must be and live a miserable life at that if all you have to complain about is standing in line to long waiting on people with big carts spending FS. Why don't you do something productive like volunteer at ST.Judes! You people are all the same! Get a life and stay out of other peoples business! Your pathetic!
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Feb 4, 2012
hardworker wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, it takes more work to get food stamps than it does to get a job. I guess you think that the poor family of 5 that gets $347 a month in food stamps is really living it up! What a bitch you must be and live a miserable life at that if all you have to complain about is standing in line to long waiting on people with big carts spending FS. Why don't you do something productive like volunteer at ST.Judes! You people are all the same! Get a life and stay out of other peoples business! Your pathetic!
when I pay for their food, it makes it NY damn business!
Workin Person

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 4, 2012
There should be a line for the overflowing food stamp baskets full of Diet Coke and chip and dip fatties to check out and then a line for people who actually work and are only buying a normal amount of groceries. It doesn't take 45 minutes for us to get checked out.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Feb 4, 2012
Oh good gravy...another "welfare" thread. For the 500th time...your tax dollars don't go to pay for that much welfare. Still you continue to dispute the facts. Here's an idea, focus on what's going on between Iran & Iraq. Do any of you people know what's going on in the world? Or just everyones business at our local Walmart?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Feb 4, 2012
I love the welfare way of thinking, that it's not the taxpayers business. When you are such a loser and can't even feed yourself, then you decide to have a herd of children that you don't want to feed, and the taxpayers do it, that makes it our business.
Take care of yourself and your family, then you won be other peoples business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyler White (May '15) 2 hr Fktylerwhite 10
Poll What's the best hair salon in Jonesboro? (Jul '08) 3 hr Guest 42
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Reality Check 36,082
Classified documents show Obama illegally spied... 4 hr guest 2
Muslim swimsuits for women 5 hr JIGGLEBOTTOM 7
Stan Morris-who the heck is he? (May '09) 5 hr token 23
Uber on demand Taxi now available in jonesboro ... 6 hr token 4

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages