First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

#1 May 6, 2013
At the start of the season all you heard on the radio is ASU going to an NCAA regional in baseball. Now, they may not even make the Sunbelt Tournament. I went to a couple of ASU games and it would be a stretch to say 200 people were there. I would dare to bet more people go to a JHS game than an ASU game. The guys on the rradio constantly talked about us playing the Hogs in a regional and going on to the College World Series. Give me a break. We look like a good high school team and the Hogs draw over 10,000 to alot of the games.
#2 May 6, 2013
cry more!
Fan

Jonesboro, AR

#3 May 6, 2013
I agree, We always pump up the Red Wolves before the season only to have them implode throughout the year. At the beginning of the season you heard people talk about people trying to hire Raffo away from ASU. You're not hearing much now.

Austin, TX

#4 May 6, 2013
guest wrote:
At the start of the season all you heard on the radio is ASU going to an NCAA regional in baseball. Now, they may not even make the Sunbelt Tournament. I went to a couple of ASU games and it would be a stretch to say 200 people were there. I would dare to bet more people go to a JHS game than an ASU game. The guys on the rradio constantly talked about us playing the Hogs in a regional and going on to the College World Series. Give me a break. We look like a good high school team and the Hogs draw over 10,000 to alot of the games.
"alot"

LOL!!!

ASU baseball

LOL!!!
ToBeFair

Jonesboro, AR

#5 May 6, 2013
Fan wrote:
I agree, We always pump up the Red Wolves before the season only to have them implode throughout the year. At the beginning of the season you heard people talk about people trying to hire Raffo away from ASU. You're not hearing much now.
It's an Arkansas thing.

The state did the same thing with the UA football team last year...

And, they imploded.
WHATEVER

Jonesboro, AR

#6 May 6, 2013
Quit trolling man. Nobody bashes their own team like this. Doesn't look like ASU or UA will be making the NCAA tourney this year. ASU is struggling to make the Sun Belt tourney and Arkansas looks like they're going to lose out on a regional due to their low RPI. Plus face it, nobody really gives a crap about college baseball everybody is just waiting on August and college football.
guest wrote:

Jonesboro, AR

#7 May 6, 2013
You're crazy if you don't think Arkansas makes it in.
hogman

Paragould, AR

#8 May 6, 2013
WHATEVER wrote:
<quoted text>Quit trolling man. Nobody bashes their own team like this. Doesn't look like ASU or UA will be making the NCAA tourney this year. ASU is struggling to make the Sun Belt tourney and Arkansas looks like they're going to lose out on a regional due to their low RPI. Plus face it, nobody really gives a crap about college baseball everybody is just waiting on August and college football.
You are clueless. You do realize that just because you don't get to host a regional doesn't mean that a team didnt make it to the NCAA tourney right? The hogs are a NCAA tourney lock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Jonesboro, AR

#9 May 6, 2013
Might make it to regional but don't have to worry about going to Omaha.
hogman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are clueless. You do realize that just because you don't get to host a regional doesn't mean that a team didnt make it to the NCAA tourney right? The hogs are a NCAA tourney lock

Jonesboro, AR

#10 May 7, 2013
I think the Hogs may host a regional due to the fan base and ranking #2 in attendance in the country. They will probably win series over Tennessee and Auburn the next 2 weeks.
DumDittyDum

Blytheville, AR

#11 May 7, 2013
WHATEVER wrote:
Quit trolling man. Nobody bashes their own team like this. Doesn't look like ASU or UA will be making the NCAA tourney this year. ASU is struggling to make the Sun Belt tourney and Arkansas looks like they're going to lose out on a regional due to their low RPI. Plus face it, nobody really gives a crap about college baseball everybody is just waiting on August and college football.
<quoted text>
It's really difficult to accept your opinion on the NCAA Tourney when you don't even know how the NCAA Tourney works.

Next, I bet you give your opinion on how to give women great orgasms.

Jonesboro, AR

#12 May 7, 2013
DumDittyDum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really difficult to accept your opinion on the NCAA Tourney when you don't even know how the NCAA Tourney works.
Next, I bet you give your opinion on how to give women great orgasms.
Why don't you think I know how it works?
hogman

United States

#13 May 7, 2013
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK wrote:
<quoted text>Might make it to regional but don't have to worry about going to Omaha.
Why is that? Please tell me the last time the hogs went to Omaha?

Jonesboro, AR

#14 May 7, 2013
The Hogs went to Omaha last year. They ended South Carolinas 22 game win streak in Omaha.
hogman

United States

#15 May 7, 2013
guest wrote:
The Hogs went to Omaha last year. They ended South Carolinas 22 game win streak in Omaha.
Yeah and they have been there 6 other times too but I kinda wanted the other guy to answer that because I bet he didn't know that. My point is the hogs may or may not make it back to Omaha this year but I dang sure wouldn't say they have no chance.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 May 7, 2013
He is probably an ASU fan and he wouldn't admit the Hogs played in Omaha if they were playing for the championship. All he would say is the Red Wolves aren't going because the Hogs won't play them.
CoachJB

Jonesboro, AR

#17 May 7, 2013
guest wrote:
He is probably an ASU fan and he wouldn't admit the Hogs played in Omaha if they were playing for the championship. All he would say is the Red Wolves aren't going because the Hogs won't play them.
You got that right. Have never seen a fan base that blames all thier problems on a team they don't even play as much as ASU. I was at a meeting a even heard "DR." Welch, a professional, rag the students who traveled here from Fayetteville about the Hogs not going to a bowl game like ASU did. He did this in front of the whole crowd from the podium at the Convocation Center. Tell me that is not low class. All the other business people sitting around me couldn't believe it.
If I was a kid that drove 5 hours to get that welcome, I would have walked out.
Raider1

Jonesboro, AR

#18 May 7, 2013
CoachJB wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right. Have never seen a fan base that blames all thier problems on a team they don't even play as much as ASU. I was at a meeting a even heard "DR." Welch, a professional, rag the students who traveled here from Fayetteville about the Hogs not going to a bowl game like ASU did. He did this in front of the whole crowd from the podium at the Convocation Center. Tell me that is not low class. All the other business people sitting around me couldn't believe it.
I can confirm that as I was there. It was an ag meeting.
I was in Fayetteville last year for a weed science meeting and a dozen or so grad. students from ASU were there also. The dean of the Ag School from the UA got up and welcomed "Our friends and scholars from ASU in Jonesboro" and thanked them for attending the meeting.
That my friend, is the difference between ASU and UA !!!!!!!!!!

Dallas, TX

#19 May 7, 2013
CoachJB wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't change some people's level if class, Welch's is all low.

Jonesboro, AR

#20 May 7, 2013
Some people have no class no matter how far up the ladder they climb.
If I was one of those kids, I would have stood up and said "ASU won the SunBelt and a bowl game and still didn't finish in the Top 25" that tells what the world thinks about your athletic program.
No Class just like you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apology 39 min Guest 4
nra 53 min Janice 10
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Alphapapa 43,299
Trump cancels summit with North Korean leader K... 1 hr Go Figure 20
School shooting today 4 hr Guest 67
have him 9 hr cancan 1
Amanda Hannsen 14 hr Guest 1
Amanda Hanson 15 hr Guest 44

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance