Craighead County Sheriff's Department

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Truth

Bossier City, LA

#1 Nov 11, 2008
I have read a whole lot of nothing pertaining to the Sheriff's Department. Let's try a little something different for this site, let's tell the truth.

FACT: The Craighead County Detention Center is continuously ranked as one of the finest establishments of it's kind in the State of Arkansas. It meets all goals and standards established and monitered by the state.

We can all thank Sheriff Jack McCann and all his staff for giving us this great approval rating. The Detention Center Employee's all play a part in making this facility well thought of.

FACT:

The Craighead County Sheriff's Office also employee's numerous deputies all play a part in the day to day activities that are performed.
Civil papers are a huge part of their duties as this brings income into our county and the Deputies are all over serving them between taking calls, sitting with prisoners at the hospital and sometimes even having enough time to work on something self initiated, such as drug arrests.

I, for one, appreciate the job these men and women do. When your life or a loved ones is on the line, these deputies will do everything in their power to protect you.

Are there people that feel they deserve to be a deputy instead of the one's we have. From what has been posted on this site, apparently so. I just hope that is you are ever a deputy, you represent yourself better than you have on this site.

I know several of the deputies and I would be willing to put my life in any of their hands.

As far as past and apparently some present employee's, you left for a reason. Either you quit, were asked to quit or were fired and if you still work there, participating in trying to tear apart something that is good is just plain ridiculous. I know Jack McCann is a fair and honest person and would never intentionally hurt your feelings unless it is deserved. I only wish there were more like him and the staff he has assembled, this world would be a better place.

All said, Thank You and I hope all of you stay safe, including the naysayers.

Good Luck CCSO, YOU ALL DO A GREAT JOB!

locountry

Sunnyvale, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2008
Thank you for what you said. I think for the most part the men & women that are employed by CCSO are the best. I've been on here trying to get the good comments they deserve. Unfortunatly it was harder than I thought to get positive feedback! Thanks again!

Bossier City, LA

#3 Nov 11, 2008
locountry wrote:
Thank you for what you said. I think for the most part the men & women that are employed by CCSO are the best. I've been on here trying to get the good comments they deserve. Unfortunatly it was harder than I thought to get positive feedback! Thanks again!
Unfortunately, most people who really know what is going on, don't participate in this website that seems to be mostly made up of liars and cowards with a few exceptions.

God Bless the men and women who serve us at the Craighead County Sheriff's Department!
locountry

Sunnyvale, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2008
My thoughts exactly!
jade

Bossier City, LA

#5 Nov 11, 2008
I agree! Thanks guys, and girls!
the real truth

AOL

#6 Nov 11, 2008
what ever FACT : good ol boys run the s.o. and detention center.

FACT : they kiss azz to get there job.

FACT : you have to shoe horses or be norris watkins right hand man to be promoted out there.

FACT : norris watkins got to pick who came out of the jail to work in front office, cause he had something over the head good ol boy.

FACT : it got so bad out there that the head maintance put blue light and strobs on the craighead co truck . oh my call miller we have a water back up in m1 . miller respond code 3 light and oh yeah a siren. lol

FACT : they hired one officer and all he did was sit at the female holding area and talk to the guards all day. nothing never said.

FACT : they hired one officer that , like i said before shoe horses and they all called him dumb as a rock.

FACT : i can list many more and will if you dare me to. dont say i lie cause i will lash out more that went on out there !!!!!!!!
GOB

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Nov 11, 2008
Lets here it, I have nothing but respect for all the guys and gals that put on the badge and protect idiots like you. In fact, I may save your ass someday.And thats a FACT
locountry

Sunnyvale, CA

#8 Nov 11, 2008
Wow another butthead who has nothing good to say about anyone. Shocker!
WTF

Lubbock, TX

#9 Nov 11, 2008
the real truth wrote:
what ever FACT : good ol boys run the s.o. and detention center.
FACT : they kiss azz to get there job.
FACT : you have to shoe horses or be norris watkins right hand man to be promoted out there.
FACT : norris watkins got to pick who came out of the jail to work in front office, cause he had something over the head good ol boy.
FACT : it got so bad out there that the head maintance put blue light and strobs on the craighead co truck . oh my call miller we have a water back up in m1 . miller respond code 3 light and oh yeah a siren. lol
FACT : they hired one officer and all he did was sit at the female holding area and talk to the guards all day. nothing never said.
FACT : they hired one officer that , like i said before shoe horses and they all called him dumb as a rock.
FACT : i can list many more and will if you dare me to. dont say i lie cause i will lash out more that went on out there !!!!!!!!
Ok I dare ya, lets see if you really know what your talking bout... I didnt hear you say anything bout the ones that didnt work in the jail and became deputies because of daddy... LOL

Bossier City, LA

#10 Nov 11, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, most people who really know what is going on, don't participate in this website that seems to be mostly made up of liars and cowards with a few exceptions.
God Bless the men and women who serve us at the Craighead County Sheriff's Department!
the real truth and WTF, I don't think you fall in the category mentioned above for few exceptions. Face it guys, you never will be the man and you will never have what it takes to be the man. So, just keep being the cowardly liar's that you are.

Once again, thank you Detention Center Officers, Deputies and everyone that works to protect and serve us.
Guest 101

Blytheville, AR

#11 Nov 11, 2008
These officers need our respect. I wouldn't risk my life everyday like they do. What would we do if we didn't have them? For the pay they get, they must love their job. It takes a special person to put on their uniform and deal with the crap and the crazy people in the world. Not to mention right here in our hometown. Listen to the scanner and listen to some of the crap they have to deal with. Maybe you too will have more respect!!!!
youngnbeautiful

Sunnyvale, CA

#12 Nov 11, 2008
I'm so glad to hear positive feedback. It breaks my heart to think that these guys & girls out themselves on the line & hey bashed for it by people who can't respect the good guys! That's what they are first & foremost the people who protect & serve! How many of us would do the same for the price they are paid for their lives & the lives of their families?

Bossier City, LA

#13 Nov 12, 2008
Guest 101 wrote:
These officers need our respect. I wouldn't risk my life everyday like they do. What would we do if we didn't have them? For the pay they get, they must love their job. It takes a special person to put on their uniform and deal with the crap and the crazy people in the world. Not to mention right here in our hometown. Listen to the scanner and listen to some of the crap they have to deal with. Maybe you too will have more respect!!!!
Amen!

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the one's posting negative things all seem to be representing themselves as past employee's or current ones. If you really read and think about it, they are extremely jealous. Maybe they could not make the grade, were not good material and that is why they are not promoted or no longer employed. The CCSO gets exceptional ratings from the State of Arkansas, guess they are just good ole boys too!

Guys and Gals, get over your jealousy and grow up!
youngnbeautiful

Sunnyvale, CA

#14 Nov 12, 2008
locountry wrote:
The dept. Was there for us when friends we had known for years were not. I respect them for that act alone! You guys are awesome!
4 The Real Truth

Snyder, TX

#15 Nov 13, 2008
The Real Truth, this post is for you. Im sorry that you were not able to get a job as a deputy. But maybe its because of things like this. You see my fat friend that posting things like this is a direct reflection of your personality. Good ole boy's or not they can see straight threw your paper thin personality. You are very bitter about something in the past about your life, I dont know, molested by your father as a child, picked on in high school, obesity, 35 year old virgin? All of the above most likely. Did you ever think that maybe you wasnt picked as a deputy because you simply cannot do it. These guys are out in the middle of no-where and have to take serious risk like their life for example. Maybe you are not cut out for it, go to work at jonesboro where your nearest backup is 2 blocks, not 20 miles. I hear they need more bodies anyway. Being a deputy takes a special breed. You see that it takes someone who is not scared, tough as nails, and able to make a decision that could possibly change a life forever. Im not sure about you but i'd much rather have someone by my side that used to put shoes on horses than someone who is so ashamed of themselves that they hid behind a computer and talk bad about others. In laymens terms The Real Truth, You just wasnt cut out of it, get over it.
Guest 101

Blytheville, AR

#16 Nov 13, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the one's posting negative things all seem to be representing themselves as past employee's or current ones. If you really read and think about it, they are extremely jealous. Maybe they could not make the grade, were not good material and that is why they are not promoted or no longer employed. The CCSO gets exceptional ratings from the State of Arkansas, guess they are just good ole boys too!
Guys and Gals, get over your jealousy and grow up!
I appreciate anyone who puts their lives on the line for others with no regards for their own. That takes someone special and I have a great deal of respect and admiration for someone who would do that.
rural

Alpine, AR

#17 Nov 13, 2008
ya these guys work really hard. Really hard figuring out what time that they can all meet
for lunch.
no dice

Hot Springs Village, AR

#18 Nov 13, 2008
4 The Real Truth wrote:
The Real Truth, this post is for you. Im sorry that you were not able to get a job as a deputy. But maybe its because of things like this. You see my fat friend that posting things like this is a direct reflection of your personality. Good ole boy's or not they can see straight threw your paper thin personality. You are very bitter about something in the past about your life, I dont know, molested by your father as a child, picked on in high school, obesity, 35 year old virgin? All of the above most likely. Did you ever think that maybe you wasnt picked as a deputy because you simply cannot do it. These guys are out in the middle of no-where and have to take serious risk like their life for example. Maybe you are not cut out for it, go to work at jonesboro where your nearest backup is 2 blocks, not 20 miles. I hear they need more bodies anyway. Being a deputy takes a special breed. You see that it takes someone who is not scared, tough as nails, and able to make a decision that could possibly change a life forever. Im not sure about you but i'd much rather have someone by my side that used to put shoes on horses than someone who is so ashamed of themselves that they hid behind a computer and talk bad about others. In laymens terms The Real Truth, You just wasnt cut out of it, get over it.
good way to get your point across. calling someone names and trying to degrade them. next time you want to put someone down and make yourself seem witty and smart, try leaving out the "being molested by your father" commment. that is not somehing to throw out there and joke about.
fire

AOL

#19 Nov 13, 2008
no dice wrote:
<quoted text>
good way to get your point across. calling someone names and trying to degrade them. next time you want to put someone down and make yourself seem witty and smart, try leaving out the "being molested by your father" commment. that is not somehing to throw out there and joke about.

i think he had a bad dream of what happen to him as a child. now i worked out there several years and i have to agree with him. if your not in the in-crowd u dont get a promotion. he is correct about all he said. i would like to know who he is. i'd shake his hand.
MrBreeze

Bossier City, LA

#20 Nov 13, 2008
I have a great deal of respect for Sheriff McCann. He is very reserved man and I do not know that he has ever drawn his weapon but I do have one question. Does he allow his officers to work as private investigators and what is his policy regarding officers working as PI's.I have no problem with them driving their car, driving their children to school as this is part of their compensation and helps keep the good ones.

Specifically what is the Craighead County Sheriff's policy regarding officers working as PI's and do they routinely do PI work.
Truth wrote:
I have read a whole lot of nothing pertaining to the Sheriff's Department. Let's try a little something different for this site, let's tell the truth.
FACT: The Craighead County Detention Center is continuously ranked as one of the finest establishments of it's kind in the State of Arkansas. It meets all goals and standards established and monitered by the state.
We can all thank Sheriff Jack McCann and all his staff for giving us this great approval rating. The Detention Center Employee's all play a part in making this facility well thought of.
FACT:
The Craighead County Sheriff's Office also employee's numerous deputies all play a part in the day to day activities that are performed.
Civil papers are a huge part of their duties as this brings income into our county and the Deputies are all over serving them between taking calls, sitting with prisoners at the hospital and sometimes even having enough time to work on something self initiated, such as drug arrests.
I, for one, appreciate the job these men and women do. When your life or a loved ones is on the line, these deputies will do everything in their power to protect you.
Are there people that feel they deserve to be a deputy instead of the one's we have. From what has been posted on this site, apparently so. I just hope that is you are ever a deputy, you represent yourself better than you have on this site.
I know several of the deputies and I would be willing to put my life in any of their hands.
As far as past and apparently some present employee's, you left for a reason. Either you quit, were asked to quit or were fired and if you still work there, participating in trying to tear apart something that is good is just plain ridiculous. I know Jack McCann is a fair and honest person and would never intentionally hurt your feelings unless it is deserved. I only wish there were more like him and the staff he has assembled, this world would be a better place.
All said, Thank You and I hope all of you stay safe, including the naysayers.
Good Luck CCSO, YOU ALL DO A GREAT JOB!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beggars at Jonesboro stoplights 3 min Impala 8
Millionaires 14 min Guest 25
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 17 min BARNEYII 41,300
Archaeologists in Egypt have discovered two 3,5... 27 min LiberalLunaticsDi... 10
Why do men change their minds so fast about rel... (Oct '09) 34 min Guest 66
jonesboro snitches!!! (Jul '14) 41 min Paul 14
Alimony 3 hr NeedHelp 60

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages