Tru TV's Party Heat - Spring River Ar...
What do you expect

Lake Charles, LA

#23 Feb 19, 2010
Well thats what you have to do to get revenue up

Since: Jan 09

KEEP OUT

#24 Feb 19, 2010
bless his heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting drunk and showing your tits is not child abuse is it?
I don't know but it's a funny song.

JimBob

Forney, TX

#25 Feb 19, 2010
Max wrote:
Anyone remember when 20/20 came to Ar. and did the story of the St.Francis county sheriff who had some dudes balls cut off and had them in a jar on his (sheriff) desk? OMG they had old hillbilly music playing in the background and showed a St. Francis county line sign all shot up with holes. Really made us look good. Think they even got a pic of a car up on blocks in someones front yard.
Oh yeah, that was Coolidge Conley. He died in prison for corruption while being sherriff @ Forrest City. The "pickled parts" in question belonged to Wayne Dumond, who raped a cousin of Bill Clinton. Mike Huckabee pardoned ol' Wayne, who then moved to Missouri & promptly murdered two women before dying in prison himself from cancer or a heart attack. Nice...(not).
no more

Little Rock, AR

#26 Feb 19, 2010
bless his heart wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not child abuse but why don't you start a thread about how many women have been found to be an "unfit mother" in a court and lost custody of their child due to acting like a whxre in public and getting drunk?
hmmm

Sulphur Springs, TX

#27 Feb 19, 2010
bless his heart wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a start.
Dickens Cider

Conroe, TX

#28 Feb 19, 2010
no more wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they know if you don't want your business to be known then you should never do it on film? Geesh! I would not be surprised if there is a particular group of losers from Jonesboro that get arrested because more than one of them has been in trouble with the law for DUI or Public Intox and went to jail! What a great way for mothers and fathers to act in public! It's no wonder why people could lose custody of their children!
Actually no, it's more like the teenage - 30 age group that are getting in trouble. But there was one lady up there with three 18 year old girls (her daughter and friends) who was allowing the youngsters to drink vodka. She didn't get arrested but definately made the show and got humiliated on TV. I think it's a great punishment for idiots to be arrested on TV and have to live the with re-runs haunting them forever. It's better than what little the courts can do to somebody. Most were just ticketed and let go.

Aubrey, TX

#29 Feb 20, 2010
For all those worrying that the show would make the state look bad, the majority of the people partying there probably don't need the help of editing to look like morons.

C'mon, Cleetus, let's go to the river and get shit-faced and smoke dope in front of kids! YEEHAW!

I wouldn't take myself, let alone my kids around that slop.
no more

Little Rock, AR

#30 Feb 20, 2010
Dickens Cider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, it's more like the teenage - 30 age group that are getting in trouble. But there was one lady up there with three 18 year old girls (her daughter and friends) who was allowing the youngsters to drink vodka. She didn't get arrested but definately made the show and got humiliated on TV. I think it's a great punishment for idiots to be arrested on TV and have to live the with re-runs haunting them forever. It's better than what little the courts can do to somebody. Most were just ticketed and let go.
I was referring to the people that age who party like that and have young children or babies at home that are too young to roll their joint or fetch them a beer yet so they didn't bring them to be on party heat. maybe next time when the children can do something useful for their parents. LOL. but i get your point too and that is also setting a GREAT example for your kids. LOL. it just seems that the river nowadays is nothing but a bunch of worthless losers!!

Little Rock, AR

#31 Feb 20, 2010
just saw the preview...I'm pretty sure that's Howard's place and another Jonesboro business man's.

Aubrey, TX

#32 Feb 20, 2010
Some of those jackasses just bring their kids along. Some think it's funny when their 4 year old takes their first drink of beer.

YEEHAW, CLEETUS!
StepH

Bellevue, WA

#33 Feb 20, 2010
totally looking forward to watching this episode lol
Now

Imboden, AR

#35 Feb 21, 2010
Sodapop wrote:
Pickled balls in a jar on the sheriffs desk is a story. Hell a reporter could search their entire career and not find a story as good as that one. Arkansas reputation can stand up to any other state, you ever been to New York City?
that was not a story--it really happened..Wayne Dumond--he was released by then governor Mike Huckabee, Wayne then moved to Missouri, where several years later he murdered his girl friend..
Hmmm

United States

#36 Feb 22, 2010
Now wrote:
<quoted text>
that was not a story--it really happened..Wayne Dumond--he was released by then governor Mike Huckabee, Wayne then moved to Missouri, where several years later he murdered his girl friend..
Way to go,Mike! Don't they say that in Arkansas, he/she probably needed killin' is grounds for justifiable homicide?
no more

Little Rock, AR

#38 Feb 22, 2010
guest wrote:
Some of those jackasses just bring their kids along. Some think it's funny when their 4 year old takes their first drink of beer.
YEEHAW, CLEETUS!
how many people from jonesboro do you think will be on this episode? they will all probably show up to watch the wrestling show in trumann that will air on kait8 too! what kind of people dream about being on an episode of party heat someday? i guess the ones that will do anything for attention! i'm praying that nobody i know will be on there, and if they are, i won't admit to knowing them!
no more

Little Rock, AR

#39 Feb 22, 2010
Guest wrote:
just saw the preview...I'm pretty sure that's Howard's place and another Jonesboro business man's.
who is howard? is he from jonesboro and what other jonesboro business man are you talking about? so they were there on PURPOSE?
no more

Little Rock, AR

#40 Feb 22, 2010
Dick Insider wrote:
Oh yeah they did show some drunk assed idiots but thats been the norm at Hardy for my whole life. I personally love canoeing the river and always had fun. I didn't realize that they have gotten so strict with the law enforcement up there, but they are. No joke. Several girls getting arrested for flashing, lots of pot busts, and plenty of underage drinking. Most of the action took place at the party island (at Saddler Falls). This show can do nothing but HELP the Hardy/Mammoth Spring area as far as tourism. Even with all the arrests, it still looks like TOO much fun. The show called it "the rowdy-est, raunchiest river in America". The campground stuff shot at Many Islands is HILARIOUS, and they only had one security guy there trying to keep order. He was overwhelmed. The Game and Fish Department guys were very professional and no nosense about handling their jobs. I would not want to have to do it.
you stated this show can do nothing but HELP the Hardy/Mammoth Spring areas, help them with what? help them become overwhelmed with more drugs like pot and meth that the party people bring with them there?? it would only add to the drug problems that area already has!! i would REALLY hate to be on the law enforcement side if that is the case, they already have so much of that nonsense to deal with! they should be paid much more for what they do every day to help keep the communities safe, the Hardy area does not need anymore filth up there, it would be benefical if the filth and vile were cleaned up and washed downstream....Spring River can be a beautiful, clean river for humans and the wildlife again that makes Arkansas proud!
Fun at the river

Conroe, TX

#41 Feb 22, 2010
no more wrote:
<quoted text>
you stated this show can do nothing but HELP the Hardy/Mammoth Spring areas, help them with what? help them become overwhelmed with more drugs like pot and meth that the party people bring with them there?? it would only add to the drug problems that area already has!! i would REALLY hate to be on the law enforcement side if that is the case, they already have so much of that nonsense to deal with! they should be paid much more for what they do every day to help keep the communities safe, the Hardy area does not need anymore filth up there, it would be benefical if the filth and vile were cleaned up and washed downstream....Spring River can be a beautiful, clean river for humans and the wildlife again that makes Arkansas proud!
Scenic beauty, good clean fun outdoors. I have NO problem with anything that happens at Spring River. The way you describe it you would think it was the inner city ghetto. I see nothing wrong with people enjoying the river, as long as they aren't hurting anyone and not destroying the natural beauty of the river. I could care less if some girls want to show off their boobs in public. There is not a person alive who hasnt' seen somebody's boobs, and if guys are allowed to go without shirts, it should be ok for women too. If they choose. Some people smoking pot while canoeing are not hurting me whatsoever, no one has ever MADE me smoke any pot or tried to make me buy any. So who are they hurting? God made it, not some drug company, or tobbacco or alcohol company, it is as natural as the Spring River itself.
Lighten up, and maybe just let people do their own thing.
I've been going to Spring River ON PURPOSE for over 20 years, and I personally enjoy every trip and have not EVER been offended or hurt by someone else partying, if they are ADULTS it is their right to.
no more

Little Rock, AR

#42 Feb 23, 2010
Fun at the river wrote:
<quoted text>
Scenic beauty, good clean fun outdoors. I have NO problem with anything that happens at Spring River. The way you describe it you would think it was the inner city ghetto. I see nothing wrong with people enjoying the river, as long as they aren't hurting anyone and not destroying the natural beauty of the river. I could care less if some girls want to show off their boobs in public. There is not a person alive who hasnt' seen somebody's boobs, and if guys are allowed to go without shirts, it should be ok for women too. If they choose. Some people smoking pot while canoeing are not hurting me whatsoever, no one has ever MADE me smoke any pot or tried to make me buy any. So who are they hurting? God made it, not some drug company, or tobbacco or alcohol company, it is as natural as the Spring River itself.
Lighten up, and maybe just let people do their own thing.
I've been going to Spring River ON PURPOSE for over 20 years, and I personally enjoy every trip and have not EVER been offended or hurt by someone else partying, if they are ADULTS it is their right to.
i get your point, while you've missed mine. if there is NO PROBLEM with people using drugs and partying and littering the river and land then why are there laws against such things? why do people get arrested when they partake in that activity then? that is my point. look, i'm just saying that there are things you do in public and there are things you do in private, people have NO DECENCY OR RESPECT for themselves and others anymore. i have gone to Spring River ON PURPOSE as well, my friend, and if it is going to be an obscene party then there should be warning signs posted to cover your children's eyes and ears! Some people obviously don't consider themselves to be role models (especially parents who act like that) for children and the younger generations that look to them for guuidance, and that is a part of the problem with our society today. when you see the stories in the news about kids and teens committing horrible acts and crimes, etc. who is to blame?? their parents and families, especially when the kid or teen has watched and "partied" with mom and dad! I enjoy having a good time and yes, i drink occasionally and yes, i've even smoked pot once or twice in my life, and yes, i'm aware it's grown by mother earth, but i HAVE NEVER AND WOULD NEVER do such things like that in front of families with children and others who aren't into that type of thing. i'm not slamming people for having fun, i'm slamming people for acting like whorres and deviants and litter bugs, and using drugs in public and on national television!!! do you get my point now???
Spanky McMeat

Charleston, WV

#43 Feb 23, 2010
Sounds like fun.

Little Rock, AR

#44 Feb 23, 2010
Spanky McMeat wrote:
Sounds like fun.
i'm going to point and laugh at the folks who have made such an effort to get on tv and make themselves look even worse than they already do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
obsession of race 6 min Kelly F 2
Chicago Stock Exchange Says It's Being Sold to ... 41 min Jose 11
Judge Keith Blackman under federal investigation 58 min Unknown 17
'Something smells in the Democratic Party' 1 hr Bubba 5
Leaked documents reveal serious issues at U.S. ... 1 hr Bubba 1
Our govt. wants to resettle 100,000 muslim refu... 1 hr Bubba 26
What jobs? BLS says 665,000 job LOSSES 1 hr Bubba 4
I've Got a Secret! 7 hr Kelly F 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance