First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Little Rock, AR

#1 Mar 1, 2013
Who gets the house in divorce if one owned it before marriage but they lived in it
guest 3

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Mar 1, 2013
If you were using the spouses income to make the payments then you will more than likely pay 1/2 of the equity to them

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2013
It depends how good your lawyer is, lots of variables you haven't told us about.

Little Rock, AR

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Guest wrote:
It depends how good your lawyer is, lots of variables you haven't told us about.
typical bachelor owns house then marries and has child. All live in the house. Wife doesn't work outside the home. Now divorce and lawyers say he gets the house. Not fair!!

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>typical bachelor owns house then marries and has child. All live in the house. Wife doesn't work outside the home. Now divorce and lawyers say he gets the house. Not fair!!
Nope, at best she can live in it until it is sold, or pays you for your half. Your only recourse is if you signed a pre-nup or she has property that she brought into the marriage or will inherit.

“ phd in clinical ignorance”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 1, 2013
why not fair?
how about this.. she can have the house if she picks up the mortgage.
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>typical bachelor owns house then marries and has child. All live in the house. Wife doesn't work outside the home. Now divorce and lawyers say he gets the house. Not fair!!

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2013
Would he not have to reimburse her for the appreciation of the house while they were married and that's it?

You need a lawyer to reply here. Of course, this would be a great place for a lawyer to post, nothing but lies anyway.

United States

#8 Mar 2, 2013
reply wrote:
Would he not have to reimburse her for the appreciation of the house while they were married and that's it?
You need a lawyer to reply here. Of course, this would be a great place for a lawyer to post, nothing but lies anyway.
Because we all know that lawyers don't lie??

United States

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we all know that lawyers don't lie??
Only when their lips are moving.

Jacksonville, AR

#10 Mar 2, 2013
reply wrote:
if he owned the house Before marriage andshe has custody of toddler child and was a stay at home mom at his request and no place to live and he has the house and he emptied bank accounts I don't see why half the house wouldn't belong to her

Jacksonville, AR

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Who is a good divorce lawyer

Jacksonville, AR

#12 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, at best she can live in it until it is sold, or pays you for your half. Your only recourse is if you signed a pre-nup or she has property that she brought into the marriage or will inherit.
what happened to 50/50?
What about the furnishings? Even if he owned them before marriage it would have been unnecessary to buy more furniture if it was already there so if they used it together it is his but if they bought it and used it then it is 50/50. Is that what u r saying?
easy peasy

United States

#13 Mar 2, 2013
It should belong to the original owner.

United States

#14 Mar 2, 2013
She will get half of the house unless it was specified in an agreement before the marriage, especially with a child or children.
fifty fifty

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2013
I was married three short years. My ex didn't want to work and quit every job he had.(six while we were married).

State of Arkansas gave him half of my stuff.

So be careful!

Jacksonville, AR

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
She will get half of the house unless it was specified in an agreement before the marriage, especially with a child or children.
so far she was locked out and in the street with a child. So far he has the house

United States

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>so far she was locked out and in the street with a child. So far he has the house
Something tells me we are not hearing all the details, go to court.

Jacksonville, AR

#18 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me we are not hearing all the details, go to court.
been there no decision until he can stop telling lies. He keeps dragging it out. Going to anger management treatment does not appeal to him

White Oak, TX

#19 Mar 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>been there no decision until he can stop telling lies. He keeps dragging it out. Going to anger management treatment does not appeal to him
No, the judge wouldn't let you stay out in the cold if it was as you say, once again, ALL the FACTs aren't being told.

Paragould, AR

#20 Mar 2, 2013
I can't comment yet I have not graduated from topix law school yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
POST DEBATE discussion 15 min Disclaimer 64
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 53 min guest 1,678
No debate -- Trump won the debate -- it's official 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebo... 27
HILLARY: Everyone is racist! 1 hr Guest 12
madonna gets naked 1 hr Now_What- 2
Where to buy dishwasher 1 hr Inquiring mind 1
News Teacher arrested for having sex with 13-year-ol... 1 hr Now_What- 98
Dollar tree 1 hr guest 22
Protect Black Sons from Cops 3 hr Guest 71

Jonesboro Jobs