Manila, AR

#1 Mar 31, 2012
I just moved here and was wondering what salons have bronzing beds. I don't really care for the regular or high powered beds.
Club tan

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Apr 1, 2012
Club Tan. Matrix tanning bed is a 12 min bronzing bed. The one on southwest drive accross from pizza inn :)

Manila, AR

#3 Apr 1, 2012
Thanks. I wonder if I can handle a 12 min bed.... My skin is so fair. Regular beds will burn me in 7 min and I laid in a high powered bed once when I had a really good tan and it burnt me. Back home they had a 20 min bronzing bed and I could lay the full 20 min and not burn. It's the only thing that will give me a good tan.

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Apr 1, 2012
guest wrote:
Thanks. I wonder if I can handle a 12 min bed.... My skin is so fair. Regular beds will burn me in 7 min and I laid in a high powered bed once when I had a really good tan and it burnt me. Back home they had a 20 min bronzing bed and I could lay the full 20 min and not burn. It's the only thing that will give me a good tan.
Start slow and work your way up. That's what I have to do.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 1, 2012
guest wrote:
I am very fair skinned and I am fixing to start tanning for the first time in several years, I have never heard of the bronzing bed. What exactly is it?

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Apr 1, 2012
Use self tanner! Any kind of tanning bed puts you at a much higher risk for skin cancer! If you are fair skinned your chances are even higher! There is no such thing as a safe tanning bed!

Manila, AR

#7 Apr 1, 2012
Bronzing beds have higher wattage bulbs that emit more UVA rays than traditional lamps. UVA rays penetrate the top layer all the way to the base layer of skin and give you a deep longer lasting tan. UVB rays only tan the top layer of skin, which is where sunburn happens. Bronzing beds take longer to see results, but since I don't burn with them, it's worth it. I also prefer the color it gives me over the other beds.
Anon

Little Rock, AR

#8 Apr 1, 2012
UVA beds are WAY more damaging to the underlying structure of the skin than surface burning beds because they damage deeper - breaking down elastin that you can never repair. You might think its cute now, but god, wait til you start your 30s and your natural collagen production starts to plummet. Couple that with all the tanning damage from your 20s that's starting to surface - it ain't pretty. If youre fair, leave browning to the brown people. Stick to spray tans and sunblock.

Manila, AR

#9 Apr 2, 2012
Anon wrote:
UVA beds are WAY more damaging to the underlying structure of the skin than surface burning beds because they damage deeper - breaking down elastin that you can never repair. You might think its cute now, but god, wait til you start your 30s and your natural collagen production starts to plummet. Couple that with all the tanning damage from your 20s that's starting to surface - it ain't pretty. If youre fair, leave browning to the brown people. Stick to spray tans and sunblock.
Yes, I'm well aware of the dangers of tanning and I am intelligent enough to comprehend that UVA bed are worse. Thanks! I'm in my 30's now and have never tanned a whole lot. One year I tanned half way on a regular basis, the rest was just so I wasn't so pasty. I'm not like a lot of people who are outside all the time. I'm constantly working when the sun is out and usually on weekends, so I don't get to spend time at the lake in the sun. My skin is in great condition, though. Thanks for worrying.

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Apr 2, 2012
If you want too tan tan!! Who cares what it may make u look like 30 years from now!! You only live once and get too be young for a short amount of te. I think I think if u want too be tan go ahead. Swimming outside or laying out isn't no differant. Actually I think that is more dangerous. I lay in them all and I've had two kids that does a lot more damage too my body but well worth it but all I got too say is your body is going too grow old anyways soo why worry. Except skin cancer but i have a friend that's had cancerous moles removed and she's never layed soo it's a 50/50

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Apr 2, 2012
Men are now using the spray tans. The guys who are tan in the winter and no one else is tan in the winter. But they do look mighty fine in the summer. Especially those in power who get the tan on.
hhh

United States

#12 Apr 2, 2012
Wear a thong when u tan

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Apr 2, 2012
guest wrote:
If you want too tan tan!! Who cares what it may make u look like 30 years from now!! You only live once and get too be young for a short amount of te. I think I think if u want too be tan go ahead. Swimming outside or laying out isn't no differant. Actually I think that is more dangerous. I lay in them all and I've had two kids that does a lot more damage too my body but well worth it but all I got too say is your body is going too grow old anyways soo why worry. Except skin cancer but i have a friend that's had cancerous moles removed and she's never layed soo it's a 50/50
made a lot of mistakes thanks too predictive text :/
Tanya

New Castle, PA

#14 May 31, 2013
guest wrote:
Use self tanner! Any kind of tanning bed puts you at a much higher risk for skin cancer! If you are fair skinned your chances are even higher! There is no such thing as a safe tanning bed!

This is garbage!!! All nothing but the cancer industry causing fear to make money. The chemicals in sunscreen AND self tanners are a million times more dangerous than tanning. Tanning stimulates vitamin D and supplements are not capable of working like it, because vitamin D is a hormone. And yes there is a such thing as a safe tanning bed. They use electronic ballasts, which do not have any EMFs.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jun 1, 2013
Ultraviolet rays are what cause skin cancer. Do a little research. No such thing as a safe tanning bed. Claims have been made but they are false.
Joseph

Sewell, NJ

#16 Aug 10, 2013
Tanning is the body's natural defense against solar radiation. IT is the only natural way your body defends itself. Tanning is a byproduct of melanin production which occurs when the melanin absorbs UV radiation. Sprays and cremes just prevent this from happening because it blocks the UV all togeter. Extreme over exposure to UV is what causes disease and it is more common today because most of the world spends their time indoors now and are not exposed ENOUGH to UV. Therefore their melanin production can't keep up with the natural UV radiation. A moderate exosure to UV is healthy, and natural. Tanning beds emit the same frequencies as the sun, there is no differene except tanning beds are timed and wavelengths are controlled. One session is like being in the sun for 45 minutes to an hour. You can't live without UV rays but should be moderate in exposure. Base tans are healthy and natural and "Guest" you should do a little more research into what is actually the cause of skin cancer. Out door workers are less likely to develop it while all the fair skinned people are at much higher risk. What does that tell you? Moderation is key but stop trying to evoke fear. You need the sun to live.
Cathouse Mouse

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Aug 10, 2013
i like my women just a lil on da trashy side

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wanted: yorkie 6 min guest 5
another angry, trigger happy cop 7 min Guest 83
Velvet Monkey Meth Lab 17 min Guest 3
Harbor Freight Tools (Jan '10) 24 min I want to find out 23
Sasha Lachelle James (Oct '14) 49 min jen 107
Valley view band director 59 min elaborate 11
Disfunctional family 1 hr sux to suck 4
Mark this calendar day! Sunday, April 12th, 2015 2 hr Barton Farley 134
How do men really feel about their mistress? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cady 416
US House passes tax cuts that only apply to 5,4... 6 hr james 10