Speaker Boehner passes unconstitution...

Speaker Boehner passes unconstitutional bill

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1 Jan 23, 2013
FLASHBACK:

Upon taking the gavel as Speaker of the House in Jan 2011, John Boehner's first order was to have the U.S. Constitution read aloud in the chambers of the House of Representatives.

Today, he passed a bill that is totally unconstututional per the 27th Amendment in a lame attempt to postpone doing his job for another 90 days. The bill violates the 27th amendment by including changes in Congress members pay which contradicts the very text of the 27th Amendment which reads;

"No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened."

This is yet another shining example of how uneducated the clowns are who Republicans have in charge of their Party.

“The Best is yet to come.”

Since: Dec 12

Old Milwaukee

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
FLASHBACK:
Upon taking the gavel as Speaker of the House in Jan 2011, John Boehner's first order was to have the U.S. Constitution read aloud in the chambers of the House of Representatives.
Today, he passed a bill that is totally unconstututional per the 27th Amendment in a lame attempt to postpone doing his job for another 90 days. The bill violates the 27th amendment by including changes in Congress members pay which contradicts the very text of the 27th Amendment which reads;
"No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened."
This is yet another shining example of how uneducated the clowns are who Republicans have in charge of their Party.
the hypocrisy of the left. no no no Boehner says so so its unconstitutional but lets attack the 2 amendment and make it illegal which would also be unconstitutional
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#3 Jan 24, 2013
The bill in question doesn't vary the amount of compensation of legislators. It merely delays payment until a budget is passed. If no budget is passed by the end of the current congressional term, all monies due would be paid at that time.

So you see Mouse, yet again you shoot off your mouth believing only the leftist bullshit information that you so eagerly swallowed without ever once considering whether or not it was true.

That's why you are correctly labeled as a retarded liberal idiot.
Lol

West Memphis, AR

#4 Jan 24, 2013
You must realize what motivates Chm and lbt. They make inflammatory posts trying to get the attention of the moderator. This is done in an attempt to get what they call "coveted topix badges". Its very childish actually, unless these badges have some value I'm not aware of.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#5 Jan 24, 2013
the real guest wrote:
The bill in question doesn't vary the amount of compensation of legislators. It merely delays payment until a budget is passed. If no budget is passed by the end of the current congressional term, all monies due would be paid at that time.
So you see Mouse, yet again you shoot off your mouth believing only the leftist bullshit information that you so eagerly swallowed without ever once considering whether or not it was true.
That's why you are correctly labeled as a retarded liberal idiot.
Good job rightie!!!

I am impressed that you actually know about this "loophole" in this legislation to garnered to dodge the Constitutuion.

I cnnot tell you how overwhelmingly pleased that you, a rightie, just illustrated how phoney this bill is in that it doesn't REALLY put any Congress members salary at stake here.

John Boehner attempts to create the illusion that Congress will sacrifice their paychecks if they don't dso their job, but in the real world, they have no more at risk than you and I do if they don't pass this debt ceiling increase.

John Boehner and the GOP are simply playing games with legislation during a critical time in our economic recovery.

Wouldn't you agree?
AntiLeftistTools

Springdale, AR

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Darth Soetoro has circumvented the constitution numerous times.

Somehow you have NO problem with that.

Now that the shoe may be on the other foot, you whine and cry.

Liberalism IS a mental dis-order.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#7 Jan 24, 2013
AntiLeftistTools wrote:
Darth Soetoro has circumvented the constitution numerous times.
Somehow you have NO problem with that.
Now that the shoe may be on the other foot, you whine and cry.
Liberalism IS a mental dis-order.
I don't know any Darth, and it is of no consequence to this discussion.
Lol

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job rightie!!!
I am impressed that you actually know about this "loophole" in this legislation to garnered to dodge the Constitutuion.
I cnnot tell you how overwhelmingly pleased that you, a rightie, just illustrated how phoney this bill is in that it doesn't REALLY put any Congress members salary at stake here.
John Boehner attempts to create the illusion that Congress will sacrifice their paychecks if they don't dso their job, but in the real world, they have no more at risk than you and I do if they don't pass this debt ceiling increase.
John Boehner and the GOP are simply playing games with legislation during a critical time in our economic recovery.
Wouldn't you agree?
Drink another cup of coffee and get back with us when your posts can be read and understood. The moderator is not going to be happy with your grammatical errors and may hold up your coveted topix badges.
Buckeroo

Ridgedale, MO

#9 Jan 24, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Wouldn't you agree?
No, I wouldn't agree. The real game playing has been done by Harry Reid who has refused to bring up dozens of House passed bills that would spur economic growth, help reduce the soaring unemployment rate, stop the massive government over spending, enact budget bills that would move us towards a balanced budget, and propose a balanced budget amendment to the states for ratification so we'll never again have to worry about runaway Democrat spending destroying our economy.

Besides, Boehner didn't pass the bill about congressional pay all by himself. It garnered a majority of House members. And while it doesn't stop Congress from getting paid, it does delay their pay until the end of the current Congress which will be in January 2014.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if your monthly government checks were stopped and then given to you in a lump sum two years from now. I suspect the same is true of Congress.

Hopefully the Senate Democrats will stop violating the law and actually make an attempt to pass a budget.

But it is good to see you admit that your initial post on this thread was nothing but retarded liberal bullshit.
AntiLeftistTools

Springdale, AR

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any Darth, and it is of no consequence to this discussion.
Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetoro aka the "Anointed One."aka the "First Black Lincoln"

Destroyer of the Republic hence, "Darth Soetoro"

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Buckeroo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wouldn't agree. The real game playing has been done by Harry Reid who has refused to bring up dozens of House passed bills that would spur economic growth, help reduce the soaring unemployment rate, stop the massive government over spending, enact budget bills that would move us towards a balanced budget, and propose a balanced budget amendment to the states for ratification so we'll never again have to worry about runaway Democrat spending destroying our economy.
Besides, Boehner didn't pass the bill about congressional pay all by himself. It garnered a majority of House members. And while it doesn't stop Congress from getting paid, it does delay their pay until the end of the current Congress which will be in January 2014.
I'm sure you wouldn't like it if your monthly government checks were stopped and then given to you in a lump sum two years from now. I suspect the same is true of Congress.
Hopefully the Senate Democrats will stop violating the law and actually make an attempt to pass a budget.
But it is good to see you admit that your initial post on this thread was nothing but retarded liberal bullshit.
I'll address this point by point as best I can.

First, The bills passed by the 112th Congress each and every last one had a provision included that either overturned ObamaCare or legislated new anti-abortion laws. Of course Harry Reid won't waste time with those.

Second, if you think Congress members live on their Congressional paycheck you are fooling only yourself. Millions of dollars pass through Congress member's offices every year and it's only natural some of it falls on the floor. Do you think ordering John McCain's $174K into a trust fund until next year is going to pressure him into changing his vote?

BAA HAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Finally, if any Democrat had broken the law or crossed constitutional law you righties would be all over it all the way to the Supreme Court. The two examples of such accusations can be found in ObamaCare which was upheld and DOMA which is in front of the SCOTUS right now.

Empty accusations of our President ever breaking the law is just ignorant.

< BTW- My initial comment remains true. The bill is indeed unconstitutional, therefore the trust fund provision was added to sidestep the 27th Amendment. John Boehner ordered that all bills presented to the floor be accompanied by a written constitutional provision. He did that just after the House reading of the US Constitution in Jan, 2011.>
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
First, The bills passed by the 112th Congress each and every last one had a provision included that either overturned ObamaCare or legislated new anti-abortion laws.
That's not true Mouse. Yet again you're puking up the lying leftist bullshit you slurped up without ever considering whether it was true or not. As usual, it's nothing but bullshit and only you retarded liberal idiots are too damn stupid and too damn lazy to figure out it's just a lie.
Second, if you think Congress members live on their Congressional paycheck you are fooling only yourself.
I don't know if they do or not, but withholding their paychecks until they pass a budget seems like a good thing to do since Senate Democrats haven't passed a budget in almost 4 years, despite the fact that it's a violation of law for them not to do so.
Finally, if any Democrat had broken the law or crossed constitutional law you righties would be all over it all the way to the Supreme Court.
They probably would except the law requiring a budget doesn't have a penalty clause for failing to do so. The next best thing is probably to withhold their paychecks until they pass a budget.
BTW- My initial comment remains true. The bill is indeed unconstitutional
No, it's not. It's more lying leftist bullshit that is only bandied about by you retarded liberal idiots who are too stupid and too damn lazy to figure out it's just a lie.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#14 Jan 25, 2013
the real guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true Mouse. Yet again you're puking up the lying leftist bullshit you slurped up without ever considering whether it was true or not. As usual, it's nothing but bullshit and only you retarded liberal idiots are too damn stupid and too damn lazy to figure out it's just a lie.
<quoted text>
I don't know if they do or not, but withholding their paychecks until they pass a budget seems like a good thing to do since Senate Democrats haven't passed a budget in almost 4 years, despite the fact that it's a violation of law for them not to do so.
<quoted text>
They probably would except the law requiring a budget doesn't have a penalty clause for failing to do so. The next best thing is probably to withhold their paychecks until they pass a budget.
<quoted text>
No, it's not. It's more lying leftist bullshit that is only bandied about by you retarded liberal idiots who are too stupid and too damn lazy to figure out it's just a lie.
Calling someone a liar only requires you knowing how to spell the word, making your counter response meritless and without substance. If you'd care to provide facts to back your claim then by all means let's have them. Otherwise, you're just a waste of time to read.

Republicans in Congress, namely Mitch McConnell has stated that new revenue is off the table - "We're done with taxes" ; Mitch McConnell.

So, Paul Ryan has now been given the task of cutting spending by 20% over the next ten years. Where will those cuts come from?

How about some facts this time or don't even bother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spicer = fake news 3 min guest 45
st bernards ER 1 hr med 1
Haircuts for men in the Jonesboro area (Aug '12) 1 hr First class 18
DNW lousy service (Jan '12) 1 hr Service 91
Shots fired near The Links? 2 hr Guest 1
CNN needs to fire Van Jones 4 hr Manassasownstheco... 76
President Donald J Trump 4 hr guest 107
Millions protesting Trump 6 hr guest 78

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web