Where do Firefighters and Police Hang out?

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Interested

Houston, TX

#1 Nov 8, 2008
I am moving to the area soon. I am a 40-something single female looking to meet with firefighters, police, paramedics, etc to have fun, build relationships and maybe more. I used to be a firefighter some years back before I changed careers (I'm a nurse), and have a great respect for the above. Where do these guys hang out? Where I live there is a sports bar where all the local law enforcement, EMS and FF's hang out, it's nice to have a place where you can socialize with people who have similar interests and know the stress your under. Is there a place like that around here?
Free info

Aubrey, TX

#2 Nov 8, 2008
Most of the firemen hang out at the fire station.

The policemen hang out at the police station.

The emt's and paramedics hang out at the med station.

Anything else we can do for you?
JFD

Aubrey, TX

#3 Nov 8, 2008
Not really that many single FF's. I'm not sure about the Cops they used to hang out at the Moose lodge but that was years ago.I do like nurses though.You don't look like a FF do ya?..lol Just kidding.
Interested

Houston, TX

#4 Nov 8, 2008
Free info wrote:
Most of the firemen hang out at the fire station.
The policemen hang out at the police station.
The emt's and paramedics hang out at the med station.
Anything else we can do for you?
I posted a serious question, but I figured some smart-ass would get on here and post a bullsh*t comment; thanks for not dissapointing me...
Free Info

Aubrey, TX

#5 Nov 8, 2008
No problem..
Glad I could help.

I hear the church is a good place to meet men. They have already been brainwashed. Should be easier for you to pick one up.
singlemom

Lake Charles, LA

#6 Nov 8, 2008
I dont know of any place paticular that they hang out. Where are you moving from? Where Im from they have a place like that a guy that was a fire fighter opened it up...its gone over real good. I went there when I was back home..had a blast and saw lots of old friends.
forget em girl

Little Elm, TX

#7 Nov 8, 2008
girl....i wouldn't waste my time on any of these local firefighters or cops. they all cheat and/or abuse their wives/girlfriends. the divorce rate here is horrible for cops and firemen. i wouldn't touch a medic with a 10 ft pole either. if you want a real man......find a construction worker....we know how to work a real job!
singlemom

Lake Charles, LA

#8 Nov 8, 2008
forget em girl wrote:
girl....i wouldn't waste my time on any of these local firefighters or cops. they all cheat and/or abuse their wives/girlfriends. the divorce rate here is horrible for cops and firemen. i wouldn't touch a medic with a 10 ft pole either. if you want a real man......find a construction worker....we know how to work a real job!
So where do you hang out?
SecretSquirrel

Leesville, LA

#9 Nov 8, 2008
I guess I must be married to an exception, as my hubby is a JPD here and he has never cheated or abused me. I also happen to think that he has very awesome friends/coworkers. No disrespect to construction workers, as they are just as important in my book........but if you are ever a victim of a crime, or your house catches fire, or you need a ride to the hospital due to a severe injury..........why don't you call a construction worker up??
hehe

Little Rock, AR

#11 Nov 9, 2008
HaHa wrote:
<quoted text>
..sounds like somebody wanted to be a cop when they were little, but didn't have what it takes to make it.....jealous much??? I'll take a cop or firefighter anyday over a construction worker!!
that sounds like something i heard someone saying in the 6th grade. you're not doin' it, you wanted to, but couldn't, so you must be jealous!!!!
thinker

Mayflower, AR

#12 Nov 9, 2008
SecretSquirrel wrote:
I guess I must be married to an exception, as my hubby is a JPD here and he has never cheated or abused me. I also happen to think that he has very awesome friends/coworkers. No disrespect to construction workers, as they are just as important in my book........but if you are ever a victim of a crime, or your house catches fire, or you need a ride to the hospital due to a severe injury..........why don't you call a construction worker up??
I agree with you - my husband is also JPD and he is a wonderful person and would never dream of abusing me. He has some wonderful (single) co-workers that I think very highly of. Not all cops are cheaters, and while the divorce rate is pretty high, some of us can actually make it work.:)

Leesville, LA

#13 Nov 9, 2008
Get a job in St Bernards ER, you will have full access to all the cops and Medics you want!
bonoite

Osceola, AR

#14 Nov 9, 2008
Most of them hang out around apartment city just waiting for the next crime/fire to happen lol.

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Nov 9, 2008
forget em girl wrote:
Not all firemen and cops are like that. I'm happily married to a fireman and I couldn't ask for a better husband. Yeah, I'm sure some of them do cheat and abuse their wives but not all.
Creative Name

Little Elm, TX

#16 Nov 9, 2008
thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you - my husband is also JPD and he is a wonderful person and would never dream of abusing me. He has some wonderful (single) co-workers that I think very highly of. Not all cops are cheaters, and while the divorce rate is pretty high, some of us can actually make it work.:)
Of course they are not all cheaters; they just have a lot more women hitting on them than those in other occupations.
Creative Name

Little Elm, TX

#17 Nov 9, 2008
Ooops, and men hitting on the females officers and fire fighters. Didn't mean to be sexist there.

Mayflower, AR

#18 Nov 9, 2008
Creative Name wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they are not all cheaters; they just have a lot more women hitting on them than those in other occupations.
Yeah, you are definitely right - I used to worry about that all the time, but I guess you've got that everywhere you go. But there is something about a man in uniform!
Creative Name

Little Elm, TX

#19 Nov 9, 2008
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are definitely right - I used to worry about that all the time, but I guess you've got that everywhere you go. But there is something about a man in uniform!
AMEN, Sista'!

Mayflower, AR

#21 Nov 9, 2008
Whoa wrote:
Now how did this go from a thread about places for cops and firefighters to hang out, to a thread about men cheating? Has it got so bad that cheating is all we women worry about? I used to live up north, worked for police dispatch. There was a local bar that one of the cops bought and made it into a hang out place for EMS and nurses, you had to pay a membership fee and had to be part of EMS, fire dept or law enforcement to join. It was a great place to go and de-stress, let your hair hang out without worrying about running into a drunk somebody you picked up on a call or just arrested. Wish we could come up with something like that around here, maybe a bunch of us can pool our money and start one??
I think that would be an awesome place!(And didn't mean to derail the conversation earlier - just commenting on an earlier post :)
SecretSquirrel

Leesville, LA

#22 Nov 9, 2008
Cheating and abusive men are not confined to the profession of fireman/police officer. For some reason they are just more under the microscope.
The reason this thread derailed is because the person that started it wanted to know about the police/fireman hangouts in hopes of meeting one. I haven't been 'out' in a long while, but was thinking that you might find some at Roy's in Paragould? I think that they used to frequent there, along with the Paragould force too. I know that I used to have tons of fun there. If you don't find a nice man in uniform, you may find a handsome farmer. They are very cool too.
Anyway, it got sidetracked due to someone running cops in specific down. I don't like that, because I think that they are some of the best men that I have ever known. If she wanted to know where to pick up a construction worker, she would have asked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blacks rule nestle 11 min guest 3
lonely married women (Jul '09) 13 min guy 12 119
kids are smart 34 min bander 1
Jonesboro Ar. Topix Hero of the Year - 2014 43 min Dan 50
Hillary Clinton, a mistake for 2016 (Apr '13) 1 hr American Conser... 3,502
Pork Laden Bill To Keep Country Going 1 hr Disclaimer 10
Hey kait 8 1 hr Wrong 8
FOX News defends torture 1 hr Fo Show 196
65% of Children Live in Households on Federal A... 2 hr Now Now 28
coltons (May '14) 3 hr thetruthsuglyandi... 22
What music sites are not blocked at school? (Nov '12) 13 hr squash pineapple 79
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 am PST

NBC Sports 8:10AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports