NEA CarToday and Carmart

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Curious

Victoria, TX

#1 May 23, 2010
I, like lots of people, have begun the process of cleaning up my credit, but its taking awhile. I know I don t have good enough credit to get a vehicle on my own through a major bank or dealer, and don t really want to have someone cosign for me, since id prefer to do this myself. Was wondering if anyone had any good, or bad, experiences with these two places. My car will be paid off in a few months, and its a decent car, but I would like something a little newer and reliable, and I can easily afford it with my job. If neither of these places are any good, I will probably just save up and work on the credit thing a little more, but was just wondering!~
sillywabbit

Magnolia, AR

#2 May 23, 2010
I have dealt with both. I prefer Car Mart. They are easier to work with and payments are lower and your payoff is sooner. I dont have any complaints with them. Car Today employees were rude and acted as if I owed them something because I had a less then perfect credit rating. I will not go back to them.

Longville, LA

#3 May 23, 2010
sillywabbit wrote:
I have dealt with both. I prefer Car Mart. They are easier to work with and payments are lower and your payoff is sooner. I dont have any complaints with them. Car Today employees were rude and acted as if I owed them something because I had a less then perfect credit rating. I will not go back to them.
does Car-MArt do credit checks or base it on your income?? I am the same, I have bad credit that I am slowly repairing. I can easily afford another car payment but only if they base it on income insttead of credit.
what

Jonesboro, AR

#4 May 23, 2010
if you can easily afford a car payment why do you have bad credit

Longville, LA

#5 May 23, 2010
poor decisions several years back...I have a good career now and make good money. Credit is slowly getting better, just a long process.
sillywabbit

Magnolia, AR

#6 May 23, 2010
According to Car-Mart your job is your credit. I believe they do a credit check, but it is nothing major. Just go up and talk to them. You dont have to make a quick decision and they never pressured us in any way. Good luck.
Dubious

Victoria, TX

#7 May 23, 2010
You should just take over payments on your boyfriends ride!!
friend

Blytheville, AR

#8 May 23, 2010
carmart is gud stay far way from car today and automax major rip offs the sell lots of rusty cars from up north and you pay 10 times as much hope this helps you out
car today sucks

United States

#9 May 25, 2010
I bought a suv from them we traded a damn good car into them that we didnt want to get rid of but gas was going up and we could not afford our mustang anymore, we took it to their mechanic about a week after we bought it cause the air wasnt working, they rigged it up so we wouldnt know it had a huge hole in the a/c line instead of fixing it they cobbled it up, do not use them they suck big time!!!
sillywabbit

Magnolia, AR

#10 May 25, 2010
Car Today...We had our car in to have front end fixed...rack and pinion...fixed under warranty....then as soon as warranty was out guess what...same thing went out...and cost us $500 to fix.
good

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jun 6, 2010
Car Mart was my best decision!!! Great people and will work with u!!!
broke

Conway, AR

#12 Sep 22, 2011
I got a car from Car Mart a few months ago and found the employees very nice. My problem is that since then my husband has lost his job and I really can't afford the payments. It looks like I am going to have to return the car. Has anyone had this type of problem and what was the reaction of Carmart?
bentheredonethat

Batesville, AR

#13 Feb 14, 2012
if you return youre car to carmart they will sell it and you will have to pay what ever is still owed on it after the sell (if you owe 12,000 and they only get 9,000 then you still have to pay the 3,000)you would be better off trying to work something out alot of times carmart will lower youre payment till you get back on youre feet

United States

#14 Feb 15, 2012
bentheredonethat wrote:
if you return youre car to carmart they will sell it and you will have to pay what ever is still owed on it after the sell (if you owe 12,000 and they only get 9,000 then you still have to pay the 3,000)you would be better off trying to work something out alot of times carmart will lower youre payment till you get back on youre feet
thread from 2010 no one cares lol
Hubert smith

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#15 Feb 17, 2013
It's obvious car mart is writing these reviews.First carmart does not report credit unless you consider a bad report when the auto you purchase goes back for mechanical failure after the promise of a speedy repair.Also have you seen carm arts inventory a little old. I was a carmart customer but now car today all the way as the rest of my family and yes we have less than perfect credit. late model cars I purchased a 2011 Malibu nice payments fit my budget and sales tax financed and yes my credit is reported.I would recommend car today over the other choices in jonesboro area.Happy shopping..
P
Wellll

Chattanooga, TN

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Carmart will work eith you on your payments
Cartoday will take your over priced rigged up car. They buy their cars at auctions for $2,000-3,000 and sales them for $12,000. Take your vehicle to a reliable mechanic before signing anything.
carmart is way better!
car buyer

Paragould, AR

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Hubert smith wrote:
It's obvious car mart is writing these reviews.First carmart does not report credit unless you consider a bad report when the auto you purchase goes back for mechanical failure after the promise of a speedy repair.Also have you seen carm arts inventory a little old. I was a carmart customer but now car today all the way as the rest of my family and yes we have less than perfect credit. late model cars I purchased a 2011 Malibu nice payments fit my budget and sales tax financed and yes my credit is reported.I would recommend car today over the other choices in jonesboro area.Happy shopping..
P
Well I have bought from both and with car today I got a liberty from them drove it 3 months and the front end broke when I called them could not get the huy that does the schefuling of repairs first strike so I did some research and found out that this year model had a recall on the front end so I got it towed and fixed on my own then a week later car today finally calls bout getting it fixed for me and when I told them that I was having it fixed for free because of the recall they came and got it saying I couldnot do that. Then they send me a bill of 13500 dollars that I owe after selling it when I was only paying 7900 car mart I have sent back two cars and never gotten a bill

Since: Dec 12

United States

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Car Mart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fired: Chuck Hagel, Sec of Defense! 4 min American Conserv... 3
StAte vs.. piggies... 4 min Guest 51
Hair Stylists/ Dental Assistants (Jan '12) 47 min livi 26
regular nintendo supernintendo combo with games... (Jul '13) 52 min Catherine 4
Animal medical clinic on Gee st. 56 min Mr DJ 11
5 Types Of Topix Bigots 1 hr tataiana 24
Hair salons 1 hr Guest 6
Sick of race-traitors 2 hr Now Now 32
Why It’s Impossible to Indict a Cop 3 hr guest 69
News You Won't See On Fox 4 hr guest 27