Trumann ex-chief pleads guilty to dru...

Trumann ex-chief pleads guilty to drug charge

There are 62 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Nov 25, 2013, titled Trumann ex-chief pleads guilty to drug charge. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

Former Trumann Police Chief Tony Rusher HARRISBURG, AR - Former Trumann Police Chief Tony Rusher has pleaded guilty to a drug charge as part of a plea deal that allows him to avoid a prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bless your heart

Blytheville, AR

#4 Nov 25, 2013
Oh poor little Tony is the victim of drug addiction he says. Hey dumbass, there were 16 other officers there that never abused prescription pills or drugs, maybe you were just the only thug. Everyone of those other officers went through stress and pain and the loss of good friends. If you couldn't handle it without getting doped up then maybe you should have stepped down like any responsible person would have.
POS

Mountain Home, AR

#5 Nov 25, 2013
Whats wrong, my comment strike a nerve?? What was so offensive about saying Rusher makes a deal to testify against Willbanks. Rusher is the one who used his position and authority to coerce Willbanks to committ criminal acts. But he is going to tesify against Willbanks.
Same old Tony, selfish, arrongant, blames everyone but himself. Typical thug mentality.
Curious

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Nov 25, 2013
What will happen to Willbanks?
rat or snitch

United States

#7 Nov 25, 2013
Tony you are a spineless turd !!! How can you turn state evidence and your the doped up P.O.S that you were when I worked there. How can you look at yourself in the mirror I think Eric is a turd as well. But for u to turn against Eric and your the one with the addition. Better yet how can the prosecutor look at himself in the mirror !!!! People get sent to prison for this stuff and your gonna let him off for this !!!! I smell a rat and a snitch and a coward of a prosecutor !!!!!!
Bubba

Blytheville, AR

#8 Nov 25, 2013
Curious wrote:
What will happen to Willbanks?
He will fall in love with bubbas big long dong lmao
rat or snitch

United States

#9 Nov 25, 2013
Which one ?? Cause tony not going down !! It will be Eric
What just happened

Blytheville, AR

#10 Nov 25, 2013
Ummmm.....correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you supposed to let the little fish go to catch the big fish? This is ignorant.....they give Tony (drug addicted POS....aka Big Fish) a cushy deal to testify against the guy who he ordered to get him the pills (aka little fish)? That's like letting a murderer go as long as he testifies against the person who sold him the gun..........just doesn't add up.
rat or snitch

United States

#11 Nov 25, 2013
What just happened wrote:
Ummmm.....correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you supposed to let the little fish go to catch the big fish? This is ignorant.....they give Tony (drug addicted POS....aka Big Fish) a cushy deal to testify against the guy who he ordered to get him the pills (aka little fish)? That's like letting a murderer go as long as he testifies against the person who sold him the gun..........just doesn't add up.
Your right !!! It don't add up ... But that's good ol backwoods justice !!! The news stations should be all over the story and expose the prosecutor for it
Concerned

United States

#12 Nov 25, 2013
It does add up if you think about it. Taking the pills from the evidence locker is theft. Even though he was instructed to do it, it is still theft. He may also be guilty of distribution of a controlled substance. Both of these are bigger felonies than what they could actually prosecute Tony.

The DA is primarily concerned with a conviction. Even with Tony's plea it still goes down as a conviction. I can only assume that he is depending on Tony's testimony to gain another conviction. Don't be surprised if there is another deal cut by Wilbanks. Just how the system works.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Nov 25, 2013
just like ever other thug, he needs a little anal attention
Really

Blytheville, AR

#14 Nov 25, 2013
This makes me sick. Rusher ur an idiot and u should move to where nobody knows you because after this u will have no respect at all not even from the drug heads u piece of crap. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Who was judge?
RUSerious

Springdale, AR

#15 Nov 25, 2013
The FEDERAL Government hate competition in the drug business.
crazy

United States

#16 Nov 25, 2013
Tony always get out of shit.He will say someone else done what ever so he keeps walking.He's done wrong and you know it send him on down like you would anyone else for the same thing.You can't walk for ever it will catch up with you.
Big Fish

United States

#17 Nov 25, 2013
Everything is politics. To the city the "big fish" is the one trying to sue them. In my opinion, if Eric isn't trying to sue, neither of them ever face charges. That's why it took 2 years to happen, they hoped Eric would quit. He wouldn't, so they go after him to destroy his lawsuit in the process. Now the city wins. They don't care about Tony or Eric, just their money.
Really

Blytheville, AR

#18 Nov 25, 2013
Well sung them not gonna help much when he's sitting in prison. I think I would drop the. Suit if it meant I didn't have to go to jail. Money not worth missing watching ur child grow up. As for rusher before I went to jail I would make sure I beat his ass. I always keep hope do wrong u get what u deserve. Apparently not. Rusher ur a snitch hold ur head high while everyone in town laughs a despise u in this town
umm no

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Nov 25, 2013
Concerned wrote:
It does add up if you think about it. Taking the pills from the evidence locker is theft. Even though he was instructed to do it, it is still theft. He may also be guilty of distribution of a controlled substance. Both of these are bigger felonies than what they could actually prosecute Tony.
The DA is primarily concerned with a conviction. Even with Tony's plea it still goes down as a conviction. I can only assume that he is depending on Tony's testimony to gain another conviction. Don't be surprised if there is another deal cut by Wilbanks. Just how the system works.
Better check your lawbooks again. Rusher instructed him to do so. Rusher took possession of the pills. Being an accessory is the same as doing the crime yourself. They can actually prosecute Rusher for all these. As a matter of fact if you look up what he was charged with thats exactly what they did. Rusher is now a convicted felon. OF course there will be another deal cut. That's how they do it.
dang

Forrest City, AR

#21 Nov 26, 2013
Rhonda Rusher would you please stop commenting on Facebook. you have no idea what you are talking about. you have no idea what happened. please just shut up and stop making yourself look stupid and crazy.

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Nov 26, 2013
Anyone else notice the pattern of elected people getting "special" treatment? If this had been a regular guy off the street he would be in prison. The other cop will also get probation after this one gets done snitching on him. This two sets of law sucks. The last time anyone in Arkansas was sentenced to real time was Bill McCuen, he got 17 years in Tucker Farm for rigging some bid. He was released only because he was dying. These crooks should be sent to prison like everyone else, mix their sorry butt in with the common criminals. Take that theiving Bookout, he should be wearing stripes and on the hoe squad.

Jonesboro, AR

#23 Nov 26, 2013
would he cut a deal for the people he sent down for drug charges
Chief

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Nov 26, 2013
Guest wrote:
Anyone else notice the pattern of elected people getting "special" treatment? If this had been a regular guy off the street he would be in prison. The other cop will also get probation after this one gets done snitching on him. This two sets of law sucks. The last time anyone in Arkansas was sentenced to real time was Bill McCuen, he got 17 years in Tucker Farm for rigging some bid. He was released only because he was dying. These crooks should be sent to prison like everyone else, mix their sorry butt in with the common criminals. Take that theiving Bookout, he should be wearing stripes and on the hoe squad.
The police chief is not elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apologize to Hillary HERE === > 1 min Guest 60
why did god create satan? 6 min guest 130
Preacher Archie 12 min Guest 47
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? (Mar '15) 1 hr Guest 350
why hasn't god came back? 1 hr Guest 51
crab legs 2 hr guest 14
Post is hiring 2 hr guest 4
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 3 hr Mr Guest 1,424

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web