Region 8 news is slightly liberal

Region 8 news is slightly liberal

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Tonight on Region8 news the "A Better Region8" segment covered a upcoming election candidate. It involved statements that blacks ultimately benefitted by being brought to the United States. If they was able to endure a d survive slavery they would eventually become free people.

Yes this is a sensitive issue, no I am not defending the person who said it. However the opinion of Rdgion8 to "just now televise it right before the election showed their left leaning beliefs, all be it more subtle than most main stream media, still biased non the less. It was reported to not blame the left for this, but basically face the music and for all Region8 voters to "be informed before you vote". Why report this now? Why not back in 09 or 08 when the book came out? I used to turn to region8 for unbiased news however I suppose nobody is immune. All cable news outlets lean one way or another. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, HLN, CNBC, MSNBC all lean left to one degree or another. FOX leans right. I am disappointed to find Region8 lets their opinion bleed through too.

Haslet, TX

#2 Oct 8, 2012
guest wrote:
Tonight on Region8 news the "A Better Region8" segment covered a upcoming election candidate. It involved statements that blacks ultimately benefitted by being brought to the United States. If they was able to endure a d survive slavery they would eventually become free people.

Yes this is a sensitive issue, no I am not defending the person who said it. However the opinion of Rdgion8 to "just now televise it right before the election showed their left leaning beliefs, all be it more subtle than most main stream media, still biased non the less. It was reported to not blame the left for this, but basically face the music and for all Region8 voters to "be informed before you vote". Why report this now? Why not back in 09 or 08 when the book came out? I used to turn to region8 for unbiased news however I suppose nobody is immune. All cable news outlets lean one way or another. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, HLN, CNBC, MSNBC all lean left to one degree or another. FOX leans right. I am disappointed to find Region8 lets their opinion bleed through too.
You realise that was an editorial. Right? It had it marked like that through the whole thing. That was that woman's opinion, can't hold one person accountable for the whole station. They've been quite fair in this Hubbard crap.

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Agreed!!

United States

#4 Oct 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You realise that was an editorial. Right? It had it marked like that through the whole thing. That was that woman's opinion, can't hold one person accountable for the whole station. They've been quite fair in this Hubbard crap.
Editorial, yes. Recieved air time, timed right before the election equally yes.

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Just look at how they reported on Chavis Carter, disregard for fact just to play into the black racist narrative! That should state very clearly there media bias - LEFT!

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Oct 8, 2012
guest wrote:
Uh - right before an election is when you want to know everything about a candidate. KAIT8 is anything but even a teeny bit liberal. More like strongly conservative as a reflection of their corporate ownership.

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Amen.

Paragould, AR

#8 Oct 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh - right before an election is when you want to know everything about a candidate. KAIT8 is anything but even a teeny bit liberal. More like strongly conservative as a reflection of their corporate ownership.
If they was conservative, I doubt that editorial would have lived to see the light of day

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Oct 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If they was conservative, I doubt that editorial would have lived to see the light of day
Conservatives are distancing themselves from these remarks because of the political fallout. It's what they may think, but not what they want the public to view them as thinking. KAIT8's editorial was part of this distancing. KAIT8 is not liberal at all.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#10 Oct 9, 2012
I make it a point not to watch KAIT because of the tacky amateur people that are on the staff. Can't talk, can't dress or do their hair. At least that's the way it was the last time I watched. However, I seriously doubt if this station is even slightly liberal. If they are fair minded I'd be surprised. Conservative is what they most likely are and will always be.

United States

#11 Oct 9, 2012
It hasn't changed one bit! Same old pirate wench garb and cockeyed reporters. What they lack in fair professional reporting skills they try to make up for in ridiculousness. Morons all.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Oct 9, 2012
guest wrote:
It hasn't changed one bit! Same old pirate wench garb and cockeyed reporters. What they lack in fair professional reporting skills they try to make up for in ridiculousness. Morons all.
I figured as much. Love your descriptions. Ha!!!

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Oct 9, 2012
Really now people
Undecided

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Oct 9, 2012
I really think KAIT does a pretty good job of identifying their editorial comments. I also think that the station manager does a good job of thinking through her positions before putting them on the air. I disagree with her sometimes and agree sometimes, but I always find her thoughtful and well informed.

I find her far more restrained than the Jonesboro Sun's right-leaning new managing editor, Chris Wessel. I'm sure glad Roy Ockert is still writing his wonderfully well thought-out pieces.
qwe

Memphis, TN

#15 Oct 9, 2012
KAIT is not slightly liberal, they are extremely liberal.

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Ha good one.

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Everybody is entitled to their opinions, like the old saying goes "everybody has one." I just always thought they was unbiased. The old school, "We report, you decide"
bob

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Oct 9, 2012
kait are bleeding liberals but do not like the blacks. the weather man is gay fyi. They people are dumbasses!!!

United States

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Mostly they appear to be teabaggers. Hardly liberal or intelligent by any means. And who gives a crap about the weatherman? Just give me some unbiased real news
Newsflash

Little Rock, AR

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Sarah and allison are hottttt .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How come Aushwitz gas chamber had a wood door w... 3 min bill 34
Case Against Wasserman Schultz’ Ex-IT Aide Expa... 1 hr Barney 1
What They’re NOT Telling You About The Charlott... 1 hr Barney 74
Planned parenthood is the greatest threat to th... 1 hr guest 6
Missouri Senate Ready To Expel Lawmaker Who Thr... 1 hr guest 1
Breaking: Charlottesville Confirmed Agitprop St... 2 hr SadLonerThatUR 25
Founding Fathers Proslavery 2 hr SadLonerThatUR 55

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance