Need info on how to DIVORCE a Spouse ...

Need info on how to DIVORCE a Spouse that is in JAIL

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Since: Jan 09

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Anyone one know any info on divorcing a spouse that is in jail? or where someone would find information. Someone told me that it can be done for $1 if they are in jail but I not sure if I believe that.
Someone

Terrell, TX

#2 Jan 13, 2009
Jail or prison? How long have they been locked up?
smiling big

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2009
never heard of that. you need to contact a lawyer.

Since: Jan 09

Lake Charles, LA

#4 Jan 13, 2009
jail but awaiting transfer to prison. He got 10yrs been there 3 months. nut we have been separated since 2005
Duh

Van Buren, AR

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Well don't ask a lawyer
Rool

Terrell, TX

#6 Jan 13, 2009
you can easily get a divorce in Arkansas when someone has been sent to prison. You can get it done through the Legal aid office for almost nothing on grounds of abandonment. http://www.arlegalservices.org/Home/PublicWeb...
Why

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Jan 13, 2009
Topix is so much more informative and knowledgeable than, say, Legal Aid or a practicing attorney.
mmm

Ruston, LA

#8 Jan 13, 2009
Can you get a fater stripped of his rights if they went to jail/prison?? It happened the day I told him I was pregnant he went and did some stupid stuff. I think that would be grounds wouldnt it?
been there

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2009
I know all about this situation and NO you can't get a divorce cheap in prison ! Im still trying to get one myself and he won't sign the papers. I was told too that it would cost really cheap but its the same price nothing different. Good Luck
I got 1

Alexandria, LA

#10 Jan 13, 2009
My ex-husband was in prison. I went to Legal Aid and they did the paperwork and sent it to him. He, however, would not sign so there was nothing else legal aid would do. I did eventually get a "real" lawyer. He got me divorced with no problems. It did cost $600 though.
GYPSYGIRL

Ruskin, FL

#11 Jan 29, 2011
I've been gone from my husband for about 5 yrs or so now and he is going to prison yet again . How can I go about getting a divorce the cheapest route? No kids, No home , nothing . He want fight it he just want pay for it.Can I go through LEGAL AID ?
curious

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Jan 31, 2014
I got 1 wrote:
My ex-husband was in prison. I went to Legal Aid and they did the paperwork and sent it to him. He, however, would not sign so there was nothing else legal aid would do. I did eventually get a "real" lawyer. He got me divorced with no problems. It did cost $600 though.
may i ask what lawyer u used n how hard was it to get the divorce

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Z100 Rocks 2 min Uncle Tom 13
I'm tired of just being married (Apr '15) 18 min Just saying 27
Almost 24 min Anonymous 20
Trump meeting with NK Leader ain’t gonna happen. 39 min Guest 6
birmingham's 42 min lucy 1
Congratulations Arkansas 45 min Guest 1
DJ needed for teen bday party. 55 min Looking 3
An open invitation to the ‘baggerless CCC! 12 hr Puppymonkeybaby 127

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance