Parents you need to watch out for you...
omgwtf

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Dec 7, 2010
Derek

Pacific Grove, CA

#24 Jul 31, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are starting as young as 11. It is a popular Hallucin for teens. Similar to LSD , acid but they inhale it. Affects last up to an hour and is very intense in the variety of Hallucination. It is very dangerous, you can google the drug and get alot of information. Quite a few websites even give step by step instructions on how to do the drug. The long term effects can be catastrophic. PARENTS PLEASE WATCH AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY THE TEENS. THEY ENJOY DOING THIS IN GROUPS.
Are you serious? Grow up, take some responsibility for what you're saying. Read up on the facts before you spit out useless information. Dimethyltriptamine is a psychedelic, you got that one correct. But no, the long term effects are in no way catastrophic. The drug is harmless and does not 'kill brain cells'. If you want some scientific and/or anecdotal proof, please visit erowid.com . Try thinking for yourself before you blindly follow whatever someone is trying to scare you into thinking.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25 Jul 31, 2012
Derek wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Grow up, take some responsibility for what you're saying. Read up on the facts before you spit out useless information. Dimethyltriptamine is a psychedelic, you got that one correct. But no, the long term effects are in no way catastrophic. The drug is harmless and does not 'kill brain cells'. If you want some scientific and/or anecdotal proof, please visit erowid.com . Try thinking for yourself before you blindly follow whatever someone is trying to scare you into thinking.
Why would you go and dig up an 18-month-old thread to post that? You should have just left it rotting in the cellar instead of dredging it back to the surface.
Anonymous

United States

#26 Aug 24, 2012
Obviously you haven't done your research well enough. Please find one recorded death on either marijuana or dmt...that's right, there isn't one!
Both marijuana and DMT improve ones well being.
Marijuana allows you to sit the fuck down and see what is really a problem to your well being and what isn't.
DMT should NEVER be labeled a drug. "Drug" has become such a derogatory word for these substances that can do amazing works beyond your imagination.
YOU ALL produce DMT in your sleep, yet you frown upon it so harshly with absolutely NO CLUE what it is or it's purpose is.
STOP with this close minded opinion making. Observe with your own eyes and make your own opinion on these so called "drugs".
"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
Emma

Pierrefonds, Canada

#27 Sep 6, 2012
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are starting as young as 11. It is a popular Hallucin for teens. Similar to LSD , acid but they inhale it. Affects last up to an hour and is very intense in the variety of Hallucination. It is very dangerous, you can google the drug and get alot of information. Quite a few websites even give step by step instructions on how to do the drug. The long term effects can be catastrophic. PARENTS PLEASE WATCH AND PAYATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN,
ESPECIALLY THE TEENS. THEY ENJOY DOING THIS IN GROUPS.
Wow... First of all did you know that every single one of you synthetise DMT everynight while you sleep. DMT is extremely rare on streets because of the difficulty of Dimethyltryptamine extraction. DMT is NOT addictive unlike marijuana,extasy...
I honestly think its a great spiritual tool. But of course tripping ballz on DMT at 11 years old is just plain wrong and most of all STUPID. I think DMT is good i really do, but i dont think that anyone without a lot psychedelic drug experience should do it.

United States

#28 Sep 12, 2012
Why would you want to throw something like this out here for all the children to read? Why would anyone that is normal have to feel he or her has to take anything that a doctor doesn't prescribe? If it is so safe to inhale up your nose and is so good for you then why can you not get this from your doctor if you are a mental idiot? Get off of here with your drug dealing self before you screw up any more people than you have.

United States

#29 Oct 6, 2012
Dmt is not dangerous at all people it's one of the most beautiful experiences a person can have! The trip only last 5-20 min you may feel a little uneasy up to an hour afterwards depends on the person and 11 year old using this?? That's bullshit most people don't know about this drug and alot of people don't know that it naturally occurs in our pineal gland and we trip on dmt every night it's how we dream if we don't dream we would go crazy. All this drug does is let you grow as a spiritual person and find you're inner self so come on people just let people do what they want for this drug to be illegal just blows my mind honestly.
a son and a father

United States

#31 Dec 18, 2012
DMT can be very useful. But the folks on here who are talkin it up and being jerks at the same time obviously havent done any. DMT just might be our window into the meaning of life. It is USUALLY harmless, but so is changing a light bulb in the dark- be careful! Study it before using it. And, please, check with a parent or gaurdian first. Theyll appreciate that. But parents should understand that God isnt going to help them. God is what is happening. Right now. And what might be happening right now is that your kids are helpless drug addicts and theyre going to experiment with new ways to change the way they feel. And the only way theyll stop banging their heads on the wall is by having a spiritual awakening. Realizing that the earth does not revolve around them. And DMT just might help with that. But only after theyre sick and tired of banging their heads. Believe me. I was a hopeless case. Then, I found God. And it was the last place Id ever think to look- within myself. It can be really frightening in there, too. But once I cleared away all the rubbish, I found an unconditional love and peace and a knowing that everything is (and will be) ok. DMT is just a very quick glimpse inside the true Self. So let your children know that you love them, no matter what (they probably dont know it). And just remind yourself that kids will be kids and its not your fault. Or theirs. And theyll live through it. And they might even come home, years down the road, with open arms and a new appreciation of life.
a son and a father

United States

#32 Dec 18, 2012
And there are A LOT worse drugs out there than DMT. It might actually steer them away from the bad ones. Like the booze we see on prime-time TV.
DMT Guy

Jasper, AL

#35 May 3, 2013
Just clearing up some mis-information here.

DMT. dimethyltryptamine, is an indigenous tryptamine extremely similar in structure toperhaps the most well-known tryptamine, serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that effects many functions in the body, particularly mood/appetite/libido, etc.

DMT, is a psychedelic hallucinogen, and is considered safe. HOWEVER, many home extractions (generally extracted from various rootbarks, with the use of haptha and lye/sodium hydroxe/caustic soda) However, just because these solvents and bases are used, does not necessarily mean the end results contain them, but for some amateur chemists, trace amounts of solvent and/or lye can be left over. Smoking these chemicals can be harsh on the lungs, and be carcinogenic, but only in large amounts, a few micrograms of lye being inhaled every once in a blue moon is not normally going to cause any negative effects.

Anyway, DMT is an incredibly potent psychedelic hallucinogen, which, contrary to popular belief, is not ver similar to LSD or psilocybin mushrooms.

DMT generally lasts an average of 5 minutes, and is metabolized very quickly via Monoamese oxidase enzymes. Now, here's where the only real danger of DMT comes along, oral use. DMT is not orally active, due to it being broken down rapidly via MAO. Therefore, an MAOI is taken before the DMT is ingested, common MDAOis are the harmala alkaloids in plant matter such as syrian rue or banisteropsis caapi, the traditional plants used in the amazonian brew, "ayahuasca." Many oral DMT users use a more modern method known as pharmahuasca, which is basically just the pharmaceutical alternative to ayahuasca, just without the drink, but the same alkaloids. MAO-inhibition is safe if one properly understands it and takes the right precautions, MAO-inhibition makes many foods and OTC/prescription drugs toxic, specifically DXM, SSRI's, or aged cheese.

Anyway, most people who expiriment with DMT are usually understand the drug, it IS NOT a party drug, a "fun time" or a means to get wild, it is not a drug of abuse by any means.

DMT is also found naturally in the body, in trace amounts in urine, along with 5-MeO-DMT, and sometimes 5-OH-DMT (bufotenine.)

In a nutshell, pure DMT is safe, if you know what you're doing, it is not for everybody, especially those with a possible pre-disposition to mentall illness, it is incredibly powerful and can produce overly intense experiences that some people can not handle.

As some one who has ingested, extracted, and synthesized DMT, and done extensive research, this concludes my debate.

I would cite sources, but it's 2:56 AM, if you are skeptical of anything I have said, feel free to google it.

Goodnight.
DMT Guy

Jasper, AL

#36 May 3, 2013
UPDATE: Typo's man, ignore em.
Teenage Drug User

United States

#37 May 3, 2013
You are ignorant. DMT OCCURS NATURALLY IN YOUR BRAIN.
Scientist

Helsinki, Finland

#39 May 5, 2013
nurse momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Beliefs such as yours often lead to a coffin. God be with you.
Ready for me to blow your mind? What if I told you... All beliefs end in death? Whoaaaa
hey now

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#40 May 5, 2013
All you shitforbrains drug abusers should eat sit and drink piss.
After all, they occur naturally in the body and they are almost identical to your total biological and mental composition.
grandpaw

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#42 May 6, 2013
Don't see too many parents serious about raising their kids right any more. Sad for the kids. Sad for the world around them.
Just Saying

Phoenix, AZ

#43 May 7, 2013
I was concerned when I read that children as young as 11 years old were experimenting with DMT and that it had become a quite popular drug among teenagers. What concerns me is the high probability that DMT is not what they are being given, that whatever it is that they are be given is being passed off as DMT. This is not something you can get from your local drug dealer. It is very difficult to find and the number of people who actually have the opportunity to experience it are few and far between. Which would make it nearly impossible to become a "popular drug" among teenagers. Rather than debating whether DMT is right or wrong for use, maybe we should be trying to find out exactly what it is that is being given to our teenagers under the guise of DMT.
Truth

Batesville, AR

#44 May 7, 2013
Look they are just doing what the parent have done in the past or currently doing. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree... lol.... You can barely get your kids away from a video game...... and misuse of a drug is bad... whether addictive or not.... wp

United States

#45 Jul 10, 2013
omgwtf wrote:
The danger lies in smoking too much, or too often. Yes your brain makes it, but your brain regulates the amount produced. When you smoke it, YOU regulate the amount that enters your bloodstream. Understand? This relaxed attitude is very dangerous. It doesn't affect everyone the same way. There are also drug interactions to consider. Don't be a dumbass!
dangers of DMT:
It causes impaired judgment that often leads to rash decisions and accidents.
It can cause extremely frightening trips or flashbacks.
DMT is not considered an addictive drug like cocaine, heroin or alcohol because it does not produce the same compulsive drug-seeking behavior. However, like addictive drugs, it produces greater tolerance in some users who take the drug repeatedly. These users must take higher doses to achieve the same results as they have had in the past. This could be an extremely dangerous practice because of the unpredictability of the drug effect on an individual.
http://www.pamf.org/teen/risk/drugs/hallucino... are the dangers?
I say better safe than sorry, stay away from DMT and do not listen to brain-dead dopeheads who think drugs are cool or harmless.
Really? Who smokes DMT on a regular basis? Most people don't ever do it again or wait years because the experience is so spiritual and just insane that it takes years for them to even fully grasp what happened. And how would you build a tolerance to this "abusive drug" anyways if its produced naturally in your body all the time? When you smoke it you take way less than how much is released during sleep. Why do people like you have to be so stubborn? There have been studies on it. Proof that its harmless and actually the complete opposite could be handed to you and you'd just ignore it and keep saying its ruining kids lives. Barely anybody has ever done it. And it's not an extremely illegal schedule 1 drug because the governments concerned for your health or that you'll hurt yourself while on them, it's illegal because as Terence Mckenna said, "it dissolves opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behavior and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong"
lizzy

Jonesboro, AR

#46 Jul 10, 2013
How is it a huge deal of it's almost impossible to get? And does it show on drug test?
mj kills

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#47 Jul 11, 2013
MIAMI (CBSMiami)– Rudy Eugene, the Causeway Cannibal who ate the face off a homeless man he attacked along the MacArthur Causeway, was apparently not high on bath salts or any other exotic street drug at the time of the attack, according to a report released Wednesday by the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner.

The news leaves law enforcement officials wondering what drove Eugene to strip off his clothes, attack homeless man Ronald Poppo, and chew off pieces of flesh from Poppo’s face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 38,819
Burt Samples 1 hr lol 3
Good job voting for Trump he is going to send m... 1 hr guest 29
Tecumseh the prophet 2 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Monsters Under My Bed LA. 3 hr Christie Taylor 3
1 Trillion Dollar Lawsuit Filed Against MSM For... (Jan '15) 4 hr Rosco Crisp Bacon 134
Where are the watchmen 4 hr guest 13

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages