Parents you need to watch out for you...

Parents you need to watch out for your teens and the DMT Drug

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LovingParent

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2010
ATTENTION: PARENTS, IF YOU DO NOT KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR TEENS THEY ARE GOING TO BE SO FAR GONE THAT WE CAN NOT CONTROL THEM. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SEVERAL TEENS IN THE JONESBORO AREA ARE EXPERIMENTING WITH NOT ONLY MARIJUANA BUT NOW THE DRUG DMT. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS THEN YOU NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH. I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW WE AS A SOCIETY GO TO CHURCH AND TURN A BLIND EYE TO THE ABUSE OUR TEENAGERS ARE DOING TO US. SIT DOWN, TALK TO THEM, WATCH THEM, KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, CHECK UP ON THEM, FOLLOW THEM, WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO BUT BY ALL MEANS DON'T BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY ARE OUT OF YOUR SIGHT MOST OF THE TIME AND THEY JUST TELL YOU THEY ARE NOT ON DRUGS. DO YOUR JOB AS PARENTS BECAUSE GOD CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW YOUR CHILD. PRAY FOR THEM, BUT STAY ON THEM. WE HAVE TO STOP THIS ABUSE BY OUR CHILDREN. IF YOU TRULY LOVE THEM, TAKE A STAND AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR RIGHTS AS PARENTS TO KEEP THEM HOME AND OFF THE STREETS. WATCH THEM AND CLOSELY.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Nixa, MO

#2 Jul 8, 2010
LovingParent wrote:
ATTENTION: PARENTS, IF YOU DO NOT KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR TEENS THEY ARE GOING TO BE SO FAR GONE THAT WE CAN NOT CONTROL THEM. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SEVERAL TEENS IN THE JONESBORO AREA ARE EXPERIMENTING WITH NOT ONLY MARIJUANA BUT NOW THE DRUG DMT. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS THEN YOU NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH. I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW WE AS A SOCIETY GO TO CHURCH AND TURN A BLIND EYE TO THE ABUSE OUR TEENAGERS ARE DOING TO US. SIT DOWN, TALK TO THEM, WATCH THEM, KNOW WHERE THEY ARE, CHECK UP ON THEM, FOLLOW THEM, WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO BUT BY ALL MEANS DON'T BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY ARE OUT OF YOUR SIGHT MOST OF THE TIME AND THEY JUST TELL YOU THEY ARE NOT ON DRUGS. DO YOUR JOB AS PARENTS BECAUSE GOD CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW YOUR CHILD. PRAY FOR THEM, BUT STAY ON THEM. WE HAVE TO STOP THIS ABUSE BY OUR CHILDREN. IF YOU TRULY LOVE THEM, TAKE A STAND AND DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE YOUR RIGHTS AS PARENTS TO KEEP THEM HOME AND OFF THE STREETS. WATCH THEM AND CLOSELY.
bump it
Randy

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2010
This is serious. Bump
observing

Ozark, MO

#4 Jul 8, 2010
This seems obvious to me....

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2010
What is it and what age group is involved?
Parent

United States

#6 Jul 8, 2010
Guest wrote:
What is it and what age group is involved?
Kids are starting as young as 11. It is a popular Hallucin for teens. Similar to LSD , acid but they inhale it. Affects last up to an hour and is very intense in the variety of Hallucination. It is very dangerous, you can google the drug and get alot of information. Quite a few websites even give step by step instructions on how to do the drug. The long term effects can be catastrophic. PARENTS PLEASE WATCH AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY THE TEENS. THEY ENJOY DOING THIS IN GROUPS.
Concerned Son

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2010
You parents need to evaluate your positions when it comes to your childrens care. This includes prevention AS well as educating yourselves. I see this alarm over marijuana and DMT and frankly this over-alarmist response makes me laugh heartedly. These drugs are not the ones that lead to destitution and the wrong path of life. DMT is produced within our bodies and leads to no negative effects. Please attempt to understand why your children use this and don't voice your disagreement with contempt. The media has dissuaded you and diluded your thoughts.
nurse momma

United States

#8 Jul 13, 2010
Concerned Son wrote:
You parents need to evaluate your positions when it comes to your childrens care. This includes prevention AS well as educating yourselves. I see this alarm over marijuana and DMT and frankly this over-alarmist response makes me laugh heartedly. These drugs are not the ones that lead to destitution and the wrong path of life. DMT is produced within our bodies and leads to no negative effects. Please attempt to understand why your children use this and don't voice your disagreement with contempt. The media has dissuaded you and diluded your thoughts.
Beliefs such as yours often lead to a coffin. God be with you.
That One Kid

Charleston, WV

#9 Jul 17, 2010
Nurse Momma.... you know what? You do drugs every night, you know what it is? D.M.T.. D.M.T. or Diethylaminoethyl is produced in the center of your brain by your pineal gland or some call "the third eye" and is release after birth, every night when you sleep ( thats how you dream ) and right before Human death. D.M.T. is used to cure heroin addicts, alcoholics and many more, D.M.T. has been used for over centuries by even the brightest of people, because it lets you explore one's self within emotions, beliefs,and thought. D.M.T. has been resurched and studied by Dr.Rick strassman, and it proved that D.M.T. does not harm the Body physically nor mentally, it actually Proved that it actually helped People come to realization of one's self, and you should really do some studying about this "drug" , and God? please... your just a typical Christian, or "Christian" your so simple and you get spoon fed by th media..
Monkey Business

Bossier City, LA

#10 Jul 18, 2010
Wow

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2010
That One Kid wrote:
Nurse Momma.... you know what? You do drugs every night, you know what it is? D.M.T.. D.M.T. or Diethylaminoethyl is produced in the center of your brain by your pineal gland or some call "the third eye" and is release after birth, every night when you sleep ( thats how you dream ) and right before Human death. D.M.T. is used to cure heroin addicts, alcoholics and many more, D.M.T. has been used for over centuries by even the brightest of people, because it lets you explore one's self within emotions, beliefs,and thought. D.M.T. has been resurched and studied by Dr.Rick strassman, and it proved that D.M.T. does not harm the Body physically nor mentally, it actually Proved that it actually helped People come to realization of one's self, and you should really do some studying about this "drug" , and God? please... your just a typical Christian, or "Christian" your so simple and you get spoon fed by th media..
all of this is absolutely correct if i'm not mistake dr strassman refers to dmt as "the spirit molecule" some people believe that the dump of large amounts of dmt by the pinneal gland is the catalyst causing our souls to enter our bodies.at birth and leave our bodies at death. recreational usage mimics a place spiritually between a dream birth and death and the out of body experiences recorded are very similar to near death experiences only the person never is near death. interesting stuff

Alturas, FL

#12 Jul 18, 2010
You should either research a little better or take a few chemistry, biology, and biochem classes. DMT stands for dimethyltryptamine. Diethylaminoethyl is used in lab settings to separate/purify proteins and nucleic acids. DEAE is also used in labs for transfection into cells. DMT is found in trace amounts only in the human body and it's natural function has yet to be determined. Parents should be aware that one of the dangers of this drug is that your children are probably taking MAOIs with them in order to prolong the effects. Otherwise, DMT is rapidly metabolized by the body's natural monoamine oxidase, which the MAOIs inhibit (hence the name monoamine oxidase inhibitors). MAOIs are prescription anti-depressants, normally used as a last resort because they interact with so many other prescription and OTC drugs, as well as many common foods. To anyone trying this drug, read and try to understand all of the info available, not only what you want to read that you think backs up your claims that the drug isn't dangerous. There have not been enough studies performed to determine the long-term effects of this drug. Also, the argument that the body produces DMT so it can't be too harmful is ignorant and dangerous. There are reasons why the body produces certain chemicals (of any type) in certain amounts. Addition or deletion of chemicals, proteins, nucleic acids, etc., are what cause problems within the body because it has mechanisms that are supposed to maintain an equilibrium. I could go on and on but I won't because I doubt this has made any impression whatsoever or that you even understood it.
That One Kid wrote:

Monette, AR

#13 Jul 19, 2010
DMT use has been documented as early as the 8th Century AD in snuffs found in burial sites, but its use is believed to be much older. Cohoba snuffs (from the Yopo tree) were documented in Columbia in the 16th through 19th Centuries. N,N-DMT and 5-MeO-DMT were finally identified as the active constituents of cohoba in the early 1950s and in 1954 N,N-DMT was isolated as an active ingredient in A. peregrina.

POSITIVE
short duration
immersive experiences
intense open eye visuals and kaleidescopic patterning
powerful "rushing" of sensation
radical perspective shifting
profound life-changing spiritual experiences
NEUTRAL
change in perception of time
auditory hallucination (buzzing)
colorshifting (for example red green and gold coloring to the whole world)
NEGATIVE
overly-intense experiences
hard on the lungs to smoke
slight stomach discomfort
difficulty integrating experiences
overwhelming fear
fast onset and intensity can lead to problems if not prepared like dropping the pipe or knocking things over that are close by

Monette, AR

#14 Jul 19, 2010

everything you need to know about dmt from the only scientist allowed by the government to legally study it Dr. Rick Strassman
dickfart

Pinckney, MI

#15 Jul 31, 2010
dude... you trip on DMT every night when you are in REM sleep... it's natural
powpow

Leesville, LA

#16 Jul 31, 2010
Regarding the paragraphs above... I'm sure you have super valid points, but make paragraphs PLEASE. Hard to read without mousing over and highlighting along.
Need some

Montgomery, TX

#17 Aug 3, 2010
Puff puff give, now pass the doritos!

Glencoe, IL

#19 Oct 14, 2010
Dont just act like we are a bunch of drug addicts. Don't speak about something you don't and will refuse to comprehend if shown. Not everyone should experience DMT but i'll be damned to say thats not an enlightenment of an incredibly beautiful kind. Oral dmt aka Ayahuasca has been shown to cure chronic deep depressions.
It is a healing tool that should be left at that and not for everyone. Ignorance is bliss sheep move along
psychonaut

Louisville, KY

#20 Dec 7, 2010
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are starting as young as 11. It is a popular Hallucin for teens. Similar to LSD , acid but they inhale it. Affects last up to an hour and is very intense in the variety of Hallucination. It is very dangerous, you can google the drug and get alot of information. Quite a few websites even give step by step instructions on how to do the drug. The long term effects can be catastrophic. PARENTS PLEASE WATCH AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY THE TEENS. THEY ENJOY DOING THIS IN GROUPS.

You are an idiot if you did any research you would know that the effects of Dimethyltryptamine when smoked last at most 20 minute, but mostly only last 5-10. And long term effects are bull crap. How can there be long term damage from something that is naturally produced by the human body during metabolism. It is people like you all who make everyone thing these things are dangerous. Every single one of us trips on this chemical every night when we dream. And if it was so bad then why would it be structurally analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT), and the hormone melatonin. And how could it be one of the only chemicals that enters the body and passes thru the blood brain barrier unchanged. Get your information straight before you try and put out some stupid propaganda that turns people against the most beautiful chemical given to us by god. Oh by the way DMT is one of the rarest and hardest to find psychedelics on the planet. 90% of the people I know have never tried it let alone heard of it. The only place you will find DMT is in the secluded circles of hippies that have been doin this stuff for years. And they are very reluctant to give up a connect because of the risk of getting it busted. Now why dont you go to erowid.com and do some real research on dmt then tell me if you think that its such a horrible chemical. I mean really there is no addictive potential, its non-toxic, and the amount ingested at one time is so insignificant that you could mistake it for a couple grains of sand on the ground. I mean really people its time to open your eyes and your mind and quit being afraid of the things you dont understand its that simple.
omgwtf

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Dec 7, 2010
The danger lies in smoking too much, or too often. Yes your brain makes it, but your brain regulates the amount produced. When you smoke it, YOU regulate the amount that enters your bloodstream. Understand? This relaxed attitude is very dangerous. It doesn't affect everyone the same way. There are also drug interactions to consider. Don't be a dumbass!
dangers of DMT:
It causes impaired judgment that often leads to rash decisions and accidents.
It can cause extremely frightening trips or flashbacks.
DMT is not considered an addictive drug like cocaine, heroin or alcohol because it does not produce the same compulsive drug-seeking behavior. However, like addictive drugs, it produces greater tolerance in some users who take the drug repeatedly. These users must take higher doses to achieve the same results as they have had in the past. This could be an extremely dangerous practice because of the unpredictability of the drug effect on an individual.
http://www.pamf.org/teen/risk/drugs/hallucino... are the dangers?
I say better safe than sorry, stay away from DMT and do not listen to brain-dead dopeheads who think drugs are cool or harmless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Football 1 hr Hogfan98 1
cat in the can 1 hr manly 6
Hailey the red giant 1 hr jay 13
The Clintons: The REAL Racists 2 hr ManassOwnsU 23
when the police are just hours away 2 hr guest 63
Preacher Archie 2 hr Archie 4
Britain exits European Union 3 hr Kentuckain 61
why did god create satan? 13 hr bill nye 125
More from around the web

Personal Finance