Why do White People think they Own this Land? It belong to the Indians anyways

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
NONCHALANT

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2010
I mean seriously, white people is not any better than any other race in this country or state. We can be that wild animals. But I can relate to you (a white person) as thieves...You don't have no control over anything but your mouth right now, so go ahead and hide behind these topixs and hate, judge or whatever. So really to my point in question..>DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU OWN NORTH AMERICA???!!!

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Aug 31, 2010
NONCHALANT wrote:
I mean seriously, white people is not any better than any other race in this country or state. We can be that wild animals. But I can relate to you (a white person) as thieves...You don't have no control over anything but your mouth right now, so go ahead and hide behind these topixs and hate, judge or whatever. So really to my point in question..>DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU OWN NORTH AMERICA???!!!
Yes they honestly do. And they are going to be so surprised the day they wake up in mexico.

“Im a realist”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 31, 2010
NONCHALANT wrote:
Isn't the president black? Isnt our nation called the melting pot because we have every walk of life living in it?

Besides, who are you to call out another race as a whole to try and belittle them? Are you God?
APBT

Waterloo, Canada

#4 Aug 31, 2010
If the Indians own the land then why don't they pay the taxes!

“I'm mean because you're dumb.”

Since: Mar 09

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Aug 31, 2010
ASU Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't the president black? Isnt our nation called the melting pot because we have every walk of life living in it?
Besides, who are you to call out another race as a whole to try and belittle them? Are you God?
I totally wasn't expecting this from you.
Beto

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Aug 31, 2010
NONCHALANT wrote:
I take it English is not YOUR first language. And history not your best subject.

It is a very complicated and convoluted subject, but try to remember: the Dutch paid/traded with the Indians (did THEY own the land? from whom did THEY buy it?) to purchase Manhattan Island for $24 worth of beads/trinkets/items. The United States bought a big chunk from the French (Napolean, actually...he needed the money for the war in Europe), the Louisiana Purchase, for $15 million. Did the French own what we paid for? I dunno. The Texians under Stephen F. Austin only wanted to be a separate state WITHIN MEXICO, but Santa Anna had other ideas, tried to quell the rebellion and LOST, so Texas was allowed to leave Mexico as its own country. After the Mexican-American war (which Mexico lost...again), another big chunk of Mexico came our way. Did Mexico belong to the 'Mexicans', or Aztecs, or Incas? I dunno. After that war, the United States bought a big parcel of land (The Gadsden Purchase) from Mexico for $10 million, settling the borders between Mexico and the USA. Now it seems our leaders in Washington DC have again forgotten all about this border, and WE are being conquered by lack of effort to maintain/defend it. But that is another thread.

I could go on, but I know lots of people will not read more than 3 lines of print. I doubt if you are, seeing as how you had so much trouble putting your original thought down here. But I will agree the only people here who were NOT immigrants were the original Native Americans, and even THEY immigrated here from Siberia. Which reminds me...the USA bought Alaska from Russia for $7.2 million. Did the Russians own it? I dunno.

Complicated? Oh, yes. Ours? Oh, yes. But the politicians are doing all in their power to give it all away. As someone here said earlier, we will wake up in Mexico again pretty soon...if not China.
Dave

Cordova, TN

#7 Aug 31, 2010
No you wont. Have you travelled outside of America to see what other countries are facing? UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Australia? When you go there, you are not stepping into Africa, India or the middle east. I just think people have a deep seeded hate for anyone that is unlike them. I agree that America should not allow Spanish to be it's secondary language, or give handouts to those that do not want to work for it, but to say we are turning into Mexico is ridiculous.

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Aug 31, 2010
Dave wrote:
No you wont. Have you travelled outside of America to see what other countries are facing? UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Australia? When you go there, you are not stepping into Africa, India or the middle east. I just think people have a deep seeded hate for anyone that is unlike them. I agree that America should not allow Spanish to be it's secondary language, or give handouts to those that do not want to work for it, but to say we are turning into Mexico is ridiculous.
LOL!
old linebacker

Brookland, AR

#9 Aug 31, 2010
I'm white and I don't think that I own the United States. I do own about 500 acres here in NEA and nobody is gonna tell me what to do with it.
general lee

AOL

#10 Aug 31, 2010
this is one of those questions that are easy to answer.
white people think they own america because it is a gift from god.
and,as far as the indians,well,they sold this land to the white man.
next question....
Man with tan-colored skin

Little Rock, AR

#11 Aug 31, 2010
Since when did the Native Americans (a very small race of scattered tribes and nations throughout the continent, often at war with each other) have exclusive rights to this entire continent? Europe was geting crowded in the 1500's up until the early 1900's and human migration was a natural. The militarily stronger Europeans, and subsequently, Americans, just marched on in. Humans, and any animal, will always try to expand their range to allow greater access to natural and economic resources. All races and groups of people do this: Africans, Asians, Europeans, the Americans ... it has happened everywhere. Many of the Native American tribes were enslaving or fighting other tribes for this purpose long before the Europeans arrived. So, I don't think they had exclusive rights to this continent. That said, we as Americans need to be open to immigration from other nations.

I think the way in which Europeans and Americans took over the continent was usually not fair or humane to the natives. Unfortunately, it seldom is when one group of people comes is to displace another. But, don't worry because what comes around goes around, and someday we Americans will probably be thrown out of here. Be ready for it -- it'll happen.

“Still the DOG!”

Since: Sep 09

Boothill Fault

#13 Aug 31, 2010
old linebacker wrote:
I'm white and I don't think that I own the United States. I do own about 500 acres here in NEA and nobody is gonna tell me what to do with it.
Still not yours free and clear, never will be even when paid in full, it can be taken for the public good. The government can tell you what, where and when to do, or they will just take it and do as they please.

Lake Charles, LA

#14 Aug 31, 2010
APBT wrote:
If the Indians own the land then why don't they pay the taxes!
Because we stole it from them you stupid dumbazz.

Lake Charles, LA

#15 Aug 31, 2010
general lee wrote:
this is one of those questions that are easy to answer.
white people think they own america because it is a gift from god.
and,as far as the indians,well,they sold this land to the white man.
next question....
You know damn well we stole it. In their culture noone owned the land.It was a gift from god to be used but not owned. White men gave them a few trinkets and they laughed 'silly white men think they can own the land". Jokes on them. Doesnt make us anything but robbing azsholes though.Now if we had paid a fair price and explained that they could no longer use the land after they had accepted the money......

Lake Charles, LA

#16 Aug 31, 2010
Man with tan-colored skin wrote:
Since when did the Native Americans (a very small race of scattered tribes and nations throughout the continent, often at war with each other) have exclusive rights to this entire continent? Europe was geting crowded in the 1500's up until the early 1900's and human migration was a natural. The militarily stronger Europeans, and subsequently, Americans, just marched on in. Humans, and any animal, will always try to expand their range to allow greater access to natural and economic resources. All races and groups of people do this: Africans, Asians, Europeans, the Americans ... it has happened everywhere. Many of the Native American tribes were enslaving or fighting other tribes for this purpose long before the Europeans arrived. So, I don't think they had exclusive rights to this continent. That said, we as Americans need to be open to immigration from other nations.
I think the way in which Europeans and Americans took over the continent was usually not fair or humane to the natives. Unfortunately, it seldom is when one group of people comes is to displace another. But, don't worry because what comes around goes around, and someday we Americans will probably be thrown out of here. Be ready for it -- it'll happen.
Karma! Its now biting our azz for what we did to the indians. We deserve it.

Lake Charles, LA

#17 Aug 31, 2010
Dave wrote:
O dave. You are in for a rude awakening.
iMatt

Paragould, AR

#18 Aug 31, 2010
general lee wrote:
as far as the indians,well,they sold this land to the white man.
next question....
I wouldn't say they sold it. Ever had to sell or let go of something because you basically had to, or because the risk of keeping it had greater consequences?it's kinda like a forced confession
old linebacker

Brookland, AR

#19 Aug 31, 2010
turbodog62 wrote:
<quoted text>Still not yours free and clear, never will be even when paid in full, it can be taken for the public good. The government can tell you what, where and when to do, or they will just take it and do as they please.
Are we paranoid? Nobody is coming to take my land. No worries here.

Little Rock, AR

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Don't be so sure, "old linebacker." I hope you're right, but we're already under attack from our southern border.
Mad Max

Brookland, AR

#21 Aug 31, 2010
guest wrote:
Don't be so sure, "old linebacker." I hope you're right, but we're already under attack from our southern border.
They'll go down with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nestle Jonesboro has Listeria 3 min Recall 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 13 min --Bad Dad-- 37,279
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 23 min guest 1,891
News Teachers express their dismay over summer 'vaca... 52 min Guest 30
The snowflake who didnt get his way 1 hr Mansassisa ripeGa... 3
Top Election Official Found ‘No Credible Eviden... 1 hr Fred 9
Divorced men 1 hr Honest 68

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance