First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What a JOKE

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Dec 8, 2012
Hytrol has turned into the biggest joke in Arkansas. Goodner wants to say "Be grateful for what you have"...easy to say for someone in his position & hytrols expense account in hand. This was the biggest year hytrol ever had 109 million & they show their appreciation by giving the smallest christmas bonus EVER!!! We bust our ass** and he has the audasity to say we actually got too much last year. I just hope he can look in the mirror and believe all the BS he said thursday. I am so angry at what Hytrol has become. It used to be the best place in Arkansas to work...now its just a joke. Tom created a family oriented business and theyve turned it into the exact opposite. Goodner only cares about how fat his wallet is and what trip hes taking the company jet on next. Not the people that have given their blood sweat and tears. It pathetic that Goodner actually believes any of us in that meeting believed his lies. We did our part and got slapped in the face with his BS. And Im not just blaming Goodner..it was the board that allowed it to happen in the first place. Family Oriented Business my ass**..lol I laugh everytime I see all those signs in hytrol. What a joke.
ben there

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Dec 8, 2012
i worked for mr. tom and his company for over 20 years,and enjoyed evey minute of it.
of course this was bf(before goodner).
i was there when goodner was hired,and he was one of the main reasons i retired.
i have heard numerous tales of woe about hytrol,and it makes me even more grateful that i was there when mr. tom was.
it seemed to make the loberg family very happy to award "gifts"(he never called it a bonus),and he was always very generous with it.
like the poster said,it's just another second rate job now,but it was an adventure wen i was employed there....

United States

#3 Dec 8, 2012
What a JOKE wrote:
Hytrol has turned into the biggest joke in Arkansas. Goodner wants to say "Be grateful for what you have"...easy to say for someone in his position & hytrols expense account in hand. This was the biggest year hytrol ever had 109 million & they show their appreciation by giving the smallest christmas bonus EVER!!! We bust our ass** and he has the audasity to say we actually got too much last year. I just hope he can look in the mirror and believe all the BS he said thursday. I am so angry at what Hytrol has become. It used to be the best place in Arkansas to work...now its just a joke. Tom created a family oriented business and theyve turned it into the exact opposite. Goodner only cares about how fat his wallet is and what trip hes taking the company jet on next. Not the people that have given their blood sweat and tears. It pathetic that Goodner actually believes any of us in that meeting believed his lies. We did our part and got slapped in the face with his BS. And Im not just blaming Goodner..it was the board that allowed it to happen in the first place. Family Oriented Business my ass**..lol I laugh everytime I see all those signs in hytrol. What a joke.
When he was first hired he told the managers money was not an incentive. Whatever. I don't see him giving any up.
lifegoeson

Tyler, TX

#4 Dec 8, 2012
People, be thankful you have a job that gives a bonus. I work for a place that doesn't get crap. No bonus no ham not even a party for its employees. And you are on here crying over how "small" your bonus was! Heres an idea for you, see if the grass is greener. I bet there would be several Hytrolers happy your bitchin ass wasnt there to bring in your negative ass having attitude to work im mean complain everyday!
wow

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Dec 8, 2012
What a JOKE wrote:
Sounds like you do not need their money. No one makes you work there so go find another job and them come back and tell us how bad you had it. I've been on this earth for 50 years and what i have learned is people will BITCH about something no matter how good or bad they have it... And like you said what WHAt A JOKE, but I would say what a CRY BABY. If you don't want the bonus give it back other wise stop your bitching.

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you do not need their money. No one makes you work there so go find another job and them come back and tell us how bad you had it. I've been on this earth for 50 years and what i have learned is people will BITCH about something no matter how good or bad they have it... And like you said what WHAt A JOKE, but I would say what a CRY BABY. If you don't want the bonus give it back other wise stop your bitching.
I've been on this earth 52 years Whoopty doo. Everyone knows since Mr. Loberg has passed things have gone downhill fast. No appreciation for employees. People miss that.
awesomeness.

United States

#7 Dec 8, 2012
What a JOKE wrote:
As bad as you think it has become, it is still better than in Trumann. It only took ten years for them to get a raise!

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#8 Dec 8, 2012
at least you got something, a lot of places dont give anything extra for christmas. This includes where I work.
employee

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Dec 8, 2012
What a JOKE wrote:
I am sorry you feel that way, but I am glad to receive that bonus. Hytrol also pays well, at least they do me for this area. I wasn't there when Lohberg was, just the past few months. But everyone has been very nice and it does feel like a family there to me. Maybe you are just spoiled, be happy for what you have. Look what happened to Hostess.
Unimpressed

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Dec 9, 2012
You should be thankful you have a job.

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Dec 9, 2012
What does the song say?

"I'm takin' what they're givin''cause I'm workin' for a livin'."

I'm sure you think it sucks, but it's not like the military. You can leave if it is so bad. Somebody would like to have YOUR job.
GUEST49

Blytheville, AR

#12 Dec 9, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you do not need their money. No one makes you work there so go find another job and them come back and tell us how bad you had it. I've been on this earth for 50 years and what i have learned is people will BITCH about something no matter how good or bad they have it... And like you said what WHAt A JOKE, but I would say what a CRY BABY. If you don't want the bonus give it back other wise stop your bitching.
I don't think you are quite understanding what "what a joke" was saying. When Tom Loberg was alive, there was a mutual respect between him and the employees. Yes, he was extremely wealthy but he passed that on to his employees at Christmas time (and years and years ago also in August when he had a massive picnic complete with carnival rides for the employees and their families). He was kind and generous to his employees and they in return were dedicated hard working employees who were proud to be part of the "Hytrol Family". Now, during a time when people have to literally sometimes choose between putting gas in their vehicles or pay their electric bill on time, and even though Hytrol has a record sales year, they cut back on Christmas bonuses. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. The more money the plant manager saves the company, the more his bonus will be.

Highlandville, MO

#13 Dec 9, 2012
Hey, at least Sandy L. is gone.

United States

#14 Dec 9, 2012
GUEST49 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you are quite understanding what "what a joke" was saying. When Tom Loberg was alive, there was a mutual respect between him and the employees. Yes, he was extremely wealthy but he passed that on to his employees at Christmas time (and years and years ago also in August when he had a massive picnic complete with carnival rides for the employees and their families). He was kind and generous to his employees and they in return were dedicated hard working employees who were proud to be part of the "Hytrol Family". Now, during a time when people have to literally sometimes choose between putting gas in their vehicles or pay their electric bill on time, and even though Hytrol has a record sales year, they cut back on Christmas bonuses. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. The more money the plant manager saves the company, the more his bonus will be.
Very well stated. Exactly.
wow

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Dec 10, 2012
Just like Obama wants to do Redistribution of wealth. they tell you how much you will be paid when you start workig there. If ou dont like it find another job.
Facts

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Dec 11, 2012
I remember 17 days once on a record year and 4 days on a bad year...

United States

#17 Dec 11, 2012
wow wrote:
Just like Obama wants to do Redistribution of wealth. they tell you how much you will be paid when you start workig there. If ou dont like it find another job.
That is a sucky attitude to have. You must be one of the managers that really don't care about the real workforce at Hytrol. The ones that actually work the long hours to keep the $$ flowing in.
#18 Dec 11, 2012
Are they hiring and how much do they start out ? I recently lost my job and am looking for one.

Jonesboro, AR

#19 Dec 11, 2012
Facts wrote:
I remember 17 days once on a record year and 4 days on a bad year...
how many days did Hytrol give this year?

Columbus, OH

#20 Dec 11, 2012
Hytrol is the best company ever created. Captain Hytrol is my hero. All of you should feel blessed to work for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Basic income guarantee 10 min wtf 15
Navy Ship Having Wrecks 15 min guest 4
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 33 min guest 38,781
It was OK to RIOT, LOOT and BURN in Ferguson 2 hr Capt Obvious 40
Missouri Senate Ready To Expel Lawmaker Who Thr... 3 hr Guest 6
Keller's Chapel and Carriage Road (Feb '11) 5 hr Keller family member 20
WikiLeaks: Hillary Clinton Bribed Republicans t... 9 hr Almighty G 6

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance