Do NOT by candy at Malco Hollywood 16

Do NOT by candy at Malco Hollywood 16

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Jonesboro, AR

#1 Apr 11, 2011
The Malco Hollywood 16 concession is falsely advertising the size of the candy they sell. Their display case contains their selections along with prices. The actual size of the candy handed to you is approximately 1/2 the size of that in the display case. For instance, the Reece's Pieces are 8 oz in the display case, but they hand you a 5 oz package. If you handed them only half the money, would they give you the product? When this was brought to the concession managers attention on 4/10/11, I was told "Yeah....ok." Word to the wise, pay a dollar for your candy at Kum N Go. Don't support the Hollywood in bilking its customers.
good to know

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Apr 11, 2011
I stopped going all together because of the rat poop and roaches in the garbage bag popcorn
MovieGoer

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Apr 11, 2011
Who actually owns the local franchise? Who is their manager? Please don't tell me its one of the slacker pot heas or ghetto princesses that I see there.
I love movies

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Apr 11, 2011
guest wrote:
The Malco Hollywood 16 concession is falsely advertising the size of the candy they sell. Their display case contains their selections along with prices. The actual size of the candy handed to you is approximately 1/2 the size of that in the display case. For instance, the Reece's Pieces are 8 oz in the display case, but they hand you a 5 oz package. If you handed them only half the money, would they give you the product? When this was brought to the concession managers attention on 4/10/11, I was told "Yeah....ok." Word to the wise, pay a dollar for your candy at Kum N Go. Don't support the Hollywood in bilking its customers.
Go to Dollar Tree - get all those boxes for a dollar.

Since: Mar 11

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Apr 11, 2011
MovieGoer wrote:
Who actually owns the local franchise? Who is their manager? Please don't tell me its one of the slacker pot heas or ghetto princesses that I see there.
The owner is the malco corporation in Memphis off Ridgelake Blvd.

Gregory, AR

#6 Apr 11, 2011
When we take the family my wife takes an oversize purse and we pack our own. I don't mind a reasonable price because I understand theaters have to make a profit but it's gotten way beyond reasonable.

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#7 Apr 11, 2011
make sure not to eat the rock candy from the urinal!!!!!

that shat taste nasty,,,
cheap

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Apr 11, 2011
I agree! They charge rediculous prices for candy! And everything else too! I guess that's why I rarely go there.

Damascus, AR

#9 Apr 11, 2011
ray elliott wrote:
make sure not to eat the rock candy from the urinal!!!!!
that shat taste nasty,,,
is that why all those gaps are in your teeth
Tight Wad

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Apr 12, 2011
If you cant afford to go to the movies maybe you dont need to be going to the movies , do you sneak a 2 liter of coke into your favorite buffet so you dont have to buy a soda?
skeered

United States

#11 Apr 12, 2011
that movie joint gots some big ole rats..let dem eat the candy

North Little Rock, AR

#13 Apr 12, 2011
Tight Wad wrote:
If you cant afford to go to the movies maybe you dont need to be going to the movies , do you sneak a 2 liter of coke into your favorite buffet so you dont have to buy a soda?
Has nothing to do with the ability to afford the candy. It has to do with false advertising. Are you gonna pay for 10 gallons of gas and accept only five? I bet not.

“the hammer”

Since: Oct 08

n a

#14 Apr 12, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
is that why all those gaps are in your teeth
them r not gaps,,it's ur moms arm pit hair,, she had me in a head lock!! uh gawd,,,i'm still trying to brush that out,,,

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Apr 12, 2011
Tight Wad wrote:
Oh please. You're already out a chunk of change just for admission. Having to pay a virtually identical amount for a few pitiful snacks just adds insult to injury. It's bullshit.
Worker

Frisco, TX

#16 Apr 12, 2011
I work here
1. Just bc the display candy is in a box and you get a bag (or the other way around) does not make it smaller.
2. We only make money on concession items. The film complanies set the prices on ticket and make nearly all of the price for the tickets. We have to cover protection matainence, power for the building, etc. This is why concession is overpriced. If you can sneak stuff in successfully, congratulations. The more you sneak in, the more money we lose, making it harder for repairs and upgrades.
3. Rats are NOT in the popcorn. We try our hardest to keep them out of the building completely, but it's a very large dark building. It's immpssible. But rest assured, there are none where we pop.
4. I hate to say it, but for those of you talking about money; going to a movie is not a have to thing you need to do to survive. Redbox is $1, so don't "brake you bank" and then complain about money YOU spend.
5. If you think the candy is wrong sized, please ask to speak with a manager instead of stirring resolvable issues online.

I'm not trying to be rude. Sorry if I came off that way and please don't take it that way.

I hope your movie experiences get better in the future, but we will never know what needs improvement if you, the customer, does not bring attention to management on these issues.

Gregory, AR

#17 Apr 12, 2011
Worker wrote:
I work here
1. Just bc the display candy is in a box and you get a bag (or the other way around) does not make it smaller.
2. We only make money on concession items. The film complanies set the prices on ticket and make nearly all of the price for the tickets. We have to cover protection matainence, power for the building, etc. This is why concession is overpriced. If you can sneak stuff in successfully, congratulations. The more you sneak in, the more money we lose, making it harder for repairs and upgrades.
3. Rats are NOT in the popcorn. We try our hardest to keep them out of the building completely, but it's a very large dark building. It's immpssible. But rest assured, there are none where we pop.
4. I hate to say it, but for those of you talking about money; going to a movie is not a have to thing you need to do to survive. Redbox is $1, so don't "brake you bank" and then complain about money YOU spend.
5. If you think the candy is wrong sized, please ask to speak with a manager instead of stirring resolvable issues online.
I'm not trying to be rude. Sorry if I came off that way and please don't take it that way.
I hope your movie experiences get better in the future, but we will never know what needs improvement if you, the customer, does not bring attention to management on these issues.
You make your point well and I will say there is no substitute for watching a movie in a real theater with a large audience. And we can always pass on concessions if the money is that tight.
Worker

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Apr 12, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You make your point well and I will say there is no substitute for watching a movie in a real theater with a large audience. And we can always pass on concessions if the money is that tight.
Thank you for understanding. You are right, there's nothing like actually seeing a movie in a theater, and if you have to skip concessions that's perfectly fine, I actually skip em too lol. The point I was trying to get across was for the people that act like we're robbing them when the fact is, THEY hand us money. There are alternatives such as, redbox, but unfortunate it's not the same. It would, however, be enough to get by.

I appreciate the response and I'm glad you understand. Thank you.
honestly

State University, AR

#19 Apr 13, 2011
Why is the employee, or manager, above talking with himself? Do you really think it's not obvious that the last 3 posts are from the same person.

Thank you. No, thank you. No NO, thank you too.

You're an idiot.
WOW

Blytheville, AR

#20 Apr 13, 2011
ray elliott wrote:
<quoted text>them r not gaps,,it's ur moms arm pit hair,, she had me in a head lock!! uh gawd,,,i'm still trying to brush that out,,,
Ray, You need a bigger Arkansas Toothpick. LOL
WOW

Blytheville, AR

#21 Apr 13, 2011
I was a MALCO employee far longer ago, than most of the employees working there now, have been alive. Most of the problems addressed here are simply the result of school age students working to pay for there ride or some other unimportant spritz. These problems should be brought to the attention of the corporate office. I will admit though, the response will not be what it would have been, if Mr. M.A. Lightman were still alive. Yes, that's right. The name MALCO came from the founder. It stands for M A Lightman COmpany. I met Mr. Lightman one time. He and my father were good friends. I think he would rollover in his grave if he saw how his company was being handled by such incompetants. I know my father probably has. Sad. That company was so much more 50 years ago and now it just about the money. That's life now, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Transgender Military Ban 10 min nothin but cricke... 31
Veterans Court 1 hr Lila 1
DNC Panics As Democrat Operative Caught Fleeing... 4 hr Guest 7
Post a prayer 4 hr guest 9
What Happened? 4 hr guest 16
Borrowed from a friend on FB: Trump and Republ... 4 hr guest 12
do ladys like big or skinny guys 5 hr getoffthenet-back... 2
Traditional Biblical Marriage 8 hr Guest 58

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web