First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bennie

El Monte, CA

#1 May 7, 2012
ran into a woman at RAC the other day who got mad when someone asked if they could help her with a tv because she " doesn't watch it due to religious beliefs." what got me wondering is she was watching a video on her iphone. wth is the difference??
20 years in the junk

United States

#2 May 7, 2012
There really is no difference. Pentecostals are allowed to have tvs, surf for porn on the internet, and have a few drinks at red lobster. As long as they "pay generously" with their tithes. Pastor considers them "God's chosen".
bennie

United States

#3 May 7, 2012
20 years in the junk wrote:
There really is no difference. Pentecostals are allowed to have tvs, surf for porn on the internet, and have a few drinks at red lobster. As long as they "pay generously" with their tithes. Pastor considers them "God's chosen".
that's messed up..
wondering

London, TX

#4 May 7, 2012
I see them rent and buy movies at Walmart and rent Redbox movies that they watch via Internet plugged into a big screen mointer. Also interet is far worse that tv ever coud be in my opinion, just saying, it confuses me.
wondering

London, TX

#5 May 7, 2012
I wonder what God thinks?
for sure

El Monte, CA

#6 May 7, 2012
I think its more of a choice depending on their personal convictions than 'against their religion'. There are educational and Christian videos and movies out there that some ppl find ok to watch and dont feel tv is ok. I realize that there are fanatics out there that have strict 'rules' about thos but for the most, its between them and God
guest

Little Rock, AR

#7 May 7, 2012
I think there are good and bad people in all religions, including Pentecostals. However, I have noticed that their men act superior to non-Pentecostals.
dummdummdummdumm

Cherokee Village, AR

#8 May 7, 2012
How do you idiots know if they are Pentecostal

is it tattooed on their forehead ?
guest

Little Rock, AR

#9 May 7, 2012
dummdummdummdumm wrote:
How do you idiots know if they are Pentecostal
is it tattooed on their forehead ?
Because I went to church there and I knew some of them. The women are easy to spot...no makeup, long skirts, long hair. If you go to church with them for years you learn what they look like. And the men have an "air" of superiority.
dummdummdummdumm

Cherokee Village, AR

#10 May 7, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I went to church there and I knew some of them. The women are easy to spot...no makeup, long skirts, long hair. If you go to church with them for years you learn what they look like. And the men have an "air" of superiority.
you went for years ?
so what happened to you ?
guest

Little Rock, AR

#11 May 7, 2012
I just didn't feel like I was getting as full an understanding as I wanted. One guy got up and preached that he had seen a "Star Wars" poster up on a wall and it said "May the Force Be With You." He went on to say that "Church, I know this is an evil force." Anyone who has ever seen the movie knows that the force can be used by both good and bad. It is about the classic struggle of good and evil. The movie definitely pushed good instead of evil. It even had elements of the resurrection (before Obe wan Kenobe was killed he said he would be stronger after death). So, the guy didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I also don't believe that one has to "speak in tongues" to go to heaven. There was one lady at that church who had been "trying to get the Holy Ghost" for about 20 years. I think they try to work you up and you feel like you have to jabber to satisfy them. Almost like a cult in some ways.
dummdummdummdumm

Cherokee Village, AR

#12 May 7, 2012
guest wrote:
I just didn't feel like I was getting as full an understanding as I wanted. One guy got up and preached that he had seen a "Star Wars" poster up on a wall and it said "May the Force Be With You." He went on to say that "Church, I know this is an evil force." Anyone who has ever seen the movie knows that the force can be used by both good and bad. It is about the classic struggle of good and evil. The movie definitely pushed good instead of evil. It even had elements of the resurrection (before Obe wan Kenobe was killed he said he would be stronger after death). So, the guy didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I also don't believe that one has to "speak in tongues" to go to heaven. There was one lady at that church who had been "trying to get the Holy Ghost" for about 20 years. I think they try to work you up and you feel like you have to jabber to satisfy them. Almost like a cult in some ways.
I can see why you left .
I saw starwars on BIG screen in '78?' with a good wine cooler buzz .
Not drunk just a buzz and it was GREAT !
the movie and the buzz !
guest

Little Rock, AR

#13 May 7, 2012
dummdummdummdumm wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you left .
I saw starwars on BIG screen in '78?' with a good wine cooler buzz .
Not drunk just a buzz and it was GREAT !
the movie and the buzz !
I'm not saying that there aren't good people in the Pentecostal church - there definitely are - it just wasn't for me.
I do believe in God and I hate alcohol.
dummdummdummdumm

Cherokee Village, AR

#14 May 7, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying that there aren't good people in the Pentecostal church - there definitely are - it just wasn't for me.
I do believe in God and I hate alcohol.
anything can be abused , even water .
And alcohol is a naturally occurring substance .
its not made by the devil .
even the bible talks about Jesus and wine .

I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just saying .

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#15 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I went to church there and I knew some of them. The women are easy to spot...no makeup, long skirts, long hair. If you go to church with them for years you learn what they look like. And the men have an "air" of superiority.
actually you do not know what they look like. I know Baptist women that dress like that because that is the way they feel they should dress. I also know pentecostal women who wear regular clothes just like most people. It is a matter of choice and there is absolutely NO way to know if someone is pentecostal just by looking at them.
whitey

Little Rock, AR

#16 May 8, 2012
And to think I came to this thread thinking it was about Pentecostals and Transvestites.
guest

Little Rock, AR

#17 May 8, 2012
dummdummdummdumm wrote:
<quoted text>
anything can be abused , even water .
And alcohol is a naturally occurring substance .
its not made by the devil .
even the bible talks about Jesus and wine .
I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just saying .
You don't have to preach to me about "Jesus and wine." The reason I hate alcohol is that I was raised by an alcoholic parent and it ruined my life. Other alcoholics in my family were child molesters. THAT is why I hate alcohol. However, if you want to talk about what the Bible says about alcohol, it does say that "Wine is a mocker."
whitey

Little Rock, AR

#18 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to preach to me about "Jesus and wine." The reason I hate alcohol is that I was raised by an alcoholic parent and it ruined my life. Other alcoholics in my family were child molesters. THAT is why I hate alcohol. However, if you want to talk about what the Bible says about alcohol, it does say that "Wine is a mocker."
Then Jesus created a mocker.
whitey

Little Rock, AR

#19 May 8, 2012
my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
actually you do not know what they look like. I know Baptist women that dress like that because that is the way they feel they should dress. I also know pentecostal women who wear regular clothes just like most people. It is a matter of choice and there is absolutely NO way to know if someone is pentecostal just by looking at them.
Yes, I hate to tell you but 99% of the time a Pentecostal is as easy to spot as a Muslim. You can act all PC if you like but it's still true.

And yes, the men in the old time pentecostal churches remind me of the male birds. The females stay subdued in color and flash while the male species flaunts it all anyway he can.

Ever notice how pentecostal women keep their hair very plain? But the men have got the doo goin on. It's true. Been noticing this all my life.
whitey

Little Rock, AR

#20 May 8, 2012
As far s televisions go, if they think it is wrong, then to them, it is wrong. Paul said there was nothing unclean of itself but if any man esteems something to be wrong, then TO HIM it is sin.

It never made much sense, they can use the web and do everything else but not a TV? It's like living under the Law. The Pharisees had all kinds of ways to get around the Sabbath legally. Can't watch TV? Get an ipad... problem solved, no sin involved since you aren't watching TV.

Makes no sense to me but this is how a lot of people think.

Kinda like the charismatic church I was brought up in. We were taught that we should listen to Christian music only, and that's all we listened to. But then I noticed that the movies and TV I watched play non-Christian music and that for some reason was okay.

Now I realize that if you are in Christ and the Holy Spirit lives in you, there is no need for the distinction of right and wrong or the Law. Let the Spirit of God lead you and you cannot go wrong. It's impossible if He is living through you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any guys wanna exchange pics of their naked wife? 29 min guest 12
Jonesboro needs a Panhandling Ordinance (Dec '09) 37 min knows 26
How About This 'Baggers ? 2 hr Fo Show 62
Atheists 2 hr Fo Show 68
question about attractive mother in laws 2 hr initials 5
Add your own punchline 2 hr stefan 6
Red Head 2 hr Dougie 3
Jesus 5 hr Jews 577
Liberal silence 8 hr JW McCanliss 166
what if bacon came from kittens? 11 hr Cyrus5590 331
Jonesboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jonesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jonesboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jonesboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Colts' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Titans
NFL12:44 PM
NFL fines five involved in Rams-Giants scuffle
NBC Sports12:58 PM
William Hayes, Alec Ogletree draw fines after fight with Giants
NBC Sports 5:11 PM
Russell Okung cleared to play from bruised lung, Max Unger a game-time decision
NBC Sports 8:41 PM
Report: Chargers worked out Austin Pettis