Public intoxication/drinking in public

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Tessa

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2012
Has anyone been charged with these crimes? Its a 1st offense. What usually happens?
real life

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Dec 10, 2012
10 days jail $900 fine.

Since: Feb 12

Little Rock, AR

#3 Dec 10, 2012
real life wrote:
10 days jail $900 fine.
No way! People don't get 10 days in jail for drunk driving much less public intoxication. I'm talking about 1st offense.
real life

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Dec 10, 2012
I was just kidding I had to get a laugh! Shouldn't get any jail time, if you already served your time when you got arrested, at the MOST 3 days. Probably around a $500 fine.
real life

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Dec 10, 2012
But if you didn't do all of your time and they send you back to jail you will have a pay before release and its $40 every day in jail after your time is up if you can't pay it... Good luck.
Anonymous

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Fine of $230. That gets them out of jail immediately, but don't be fooled by them telling you that money is for bonding them out. I went to "bond" a family member out, then the receipt said it was the court cost and fine as if my family member had pled guilty. When he showed up in court, they told him he had already pled guilty. He replied that he had not and presented that receipt and told the judge what I had been told and then they pulled a switch. We couldn't get that money back, but he is listed as acquitted of the charges.
Tessa

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Just wondering. I'll know for sure tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Dec 11, 2012
The criminal court system is a HUGE money making racket. Pay your fines and do what's necessary and get out of it. It's designed to keep you in a very expensive and nasty circle while you chase your own tail. Learn your lesson or spend years messed up in the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home wreckers 4 min guest 12
Say bye to ole Harry!!!! 8 min Guest 2
Global Warming Facts 9 min Mike 39
jason emerson 39 min guest 3
Climate Change Is Real 53 min Disclaimer 79
rons 55 min zzzzz 3
News Former worker accused of beating disabled resid... 1 hr guest 2
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? 1 hr dickslammerisstupid 55
Why isn't the media reporting that the German A... 1 hr Clint 31
Poll ASSHOLERY: a new name that topix Mods have appr... 5 hr goost 10