Shoes for homeless
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blessed

Dallas, TX

#1 Jan 23, 2013
My daughter told me for her bday she wants no presents but for everyone to bring 2 pair of shoes to her party so she can give them to the homeless. I asked if she was sure and she stated they don't have what she has so of course after I broke down bawling I agreed. She made her mother very proud!! She is 6 years old and so sweet. Does anyone know where I may look to get really cheap shoes? I would like to purchase as many as possible for her to take on her birthday to different homeless shelters. Please no crude comments this is a legit question.

Manila, AR

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Goodwill store by Kroger in Jonesboro.
Blessed

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Thank u so much!!
IThinkYourFOS

Springdale, AR

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Blessed wrote:
My daughter told me for her bday she wants no presents but for everyone to bring 2 pair of shoes to her party so she can give them to the homeless. I asked if she was sure and she stated they don't have what she has so of course after I broke down bawling I agreed. She made her mother very proud!! She is 6 years old and so sweet. Does anyone know where I may look to get really cheap shoes? I would like to purchase as many as possible for her to take on her birthday to different homeless shelters. Please no crude comments this is a legit question.
Checked your topix site and can not find this thread.

Why have you posted this on an Arkansas site if you are in Oregon?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/independence-...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 23, 2013
IThinkYourFOS wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're a bit premature on your assumptions. I think the OP is posting from a cellphone & there's many towers it can bounce from. My IP is California, Texas & sometimes Maryland. It depends where I'm at & if I'm traveling. They didn't ask for anything except for advice. I think it's a very sweet & an unselffish act of love for humanity to have a 6 year request such a feat. To the OP, Payless has a lot of marked down shoes. Kmart & Shoe Carnival does too. You could probably email any shoe companies home office with this story & there's some that would help. I'd even go so far as to talk to management at the shoe stores to see who you could contact. I think it's wonderful:)
Blessed

Dallas, TX

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Thank you very much for that advice I will check into that!! I appreciate kind people who really are helping with advice as far as my ip showing Oregon I have no answer bc I have no idea. However this is a legit topic I work in jonesboro and live in Missouri I posted here bc more places to shop.

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jan 23, 2013
IThinkYourFOS wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, genius, are you posting from Springdale?
matt

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Blessed wrote:
Thank you very much for that advice I will check into that!! I appreciate kind people who really are helping with advice as far as my ip showing Oregon I have no answer bc I have no idea. However this is a legit topic I work in jonesboro and live in Missouri I posted here bc more places to shop.
Good well sells them! And ur daughter wants to donate them! I would call mission outreach the give to the needy they don't sell to anyone!

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Jan 23, 2013
where u gonna find homeless people?
true thread

Paragould, AR

#10 Jan 23, 2013
I have men's, women's, and kid's gently used shoes that I will donate. Where can I drop them off?
degreaser

Blytheville, AR

#11 Jan 23, 2013
guest wrote:
where u gonna find homeless people?
Jonesboro...
Blessed

Dallas, TX

#12 Jan 23, 2013
I'm going to look for shelters here in jonesboro, Memphis, St. Louis and cape. I am hoping its a big turn out and takes us more than one day and one location. I am going to take her the Friday of her birthday and hand them out after I discuss with the shelters. I work in jonesboro and can meet with the sweet person who is willing to donate at my place of work. God bless u for helping.. Please email me [email protected]

Springdale, AR

#13 Jan 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, genius, are you posting from Springdale?
So tell us, genius, are you posting from Little Rock?
missy

United States

#14 Jan 23, 2013
So tell us
brittany

Tucker, GA

#16 Jan 23, 2013
I don't have a lot of money, but I would love to help! Your daughter is an angel and the world could learn a thing from her!! If you wouldn't mind, please email me at [email protected] ... My husband and I just moved to Marion from Jonesboro so I would love to help you in the Memphis area. We both have gently worn shoes we would love to donate. Again, your daughter is amazing, which also makes you amazing!

Little Rock, AR

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us, genius, are you posting from Little Rock?
Hahaha aren't you so funny. No, I'm not. I'm in south Jonesboro and I'm well aware that my location is Little Rock. I know how topix posting goes...the person I responded to obviously does not and wanted to be a smartass about this lady's thread.
Blessed

United States

#18 Jan 23, 2013
I can't say thank you enough to all of you who are willing to help me out!!! It means a lot to the both of us!! I will email you !! Thank u again!
Blessed

Irving, TX

#19 Jan 24, 2013
I emailed you! Thanks again!
Question

Brighton, MO

#20 Apr 3, 2013
We have gathered shoes !!! Can anyone help and tell me is there a shelter in jonesboro? Having a hard time finding one. Thank you!
Ablaze street ministry

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Apr 3, 2013
Salvation Army has a shelter on fisher street in jonesboro they accept men women and children. There is a women shelter in jonesboro for women and children. They are at an undisclosed location but accept donations if you call. Woman's crisis center. Mission outreach in Paragould is a larger homeless shelter than the one in jonesboro. There are several rehab programs around that accept donations if that would be an option I can give you names if interested. What you are doing is wonderful and I will be praying for your success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katie mitchell 1 min Helpful info 2
Proof Hillary Staged Pickle Stunt 2 min guest 16
Detroit Has Gone From Being The Greatest Manufa... 15 min FollowTheMoney 6
Hillary Voter Registration Fraud Caught on Camera? 17 min FollowTheMoney 9
The CFR Releases a Promotional Video Trying to ... 19 min FollowTheMoney 3
Dear Demogaycrat Commies 24 min BOSS 19
Demos BQ 1 hr guest 10
Trump in Louisiana 3 hr SSOB 86
Dear Republicans 4 hr guest 38

Jonesboro Jobs