Valley View Superintendent
Fact check

Jonesboro, AR

#128 Jan 25, 2013
They do not have any AP courses listed.
BelinKS

Jonesboro, AR

#129 Jan 25, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called GT at Valley View, I didn't think you had a clue. One thing is clear, you were never in any of these classes as shown by your lack of knowledge for your child's program.
No, in her elementary school. The room is called the AP room. Not GT. it's written right beside the door. Next year she will be in third grade and a different building. I'll see then how they handle AP or as you say that they still have GT. it may be different. I think I'll call Monday and find out ahead of time. I just know what they call it and how they do it in K-2.
BelinKS

Jonesboro, AR

#130 Jan 25, 2013
Fact check wrote:
I looked on the Valley View website. In elementary they have GT and Accelerated Enrichment. Even if your child took both she would not be pulled for half the day. Here's the link.
http://jrblazers.vv.k12.ar.us/~smiller/GT/ind...
I've read the ink. It also still says there is excused absences. Outdated. I will look into just how long she stays in there this year. I have been quite sick with an SLE lupus flare up that has not gone back down since before school started. I make sure she has her work done from both folders. The one from her class and the one from the AP classroom. Yep, the sticker they put on the folder says AP. it is enrichment. That's the purpose. To challenge students who need it.
Guest

Irving, TX

#131 Jan 25, 2013
BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read the ink. It also still says there is excused absences. Outdated. I will look into just how long she stays in there this year. I have been quite sick with an SLE lupus flare up that has not gone back down since before school started. I make sure she has her work done from both folders. The one from her class and the one from the AP classroom. Yep, the sticker they put on the folder says AP. it is enrichment. That's the purpose. To challenge students who need it.
AP, AE, DA, they're all the same to you.
blahblahblah

Oklahoma City, OK

#133 Jan 25, 2013
BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>No, in her elementary school. The room is called the AP room. Not GT. it's written right beside the door. Next year she will be in third grade and a different building. I'll see then how they handle AP or as you say that they still have GT. it may be different. I think I'll call Monday and find out ahead of time. I just know what they call it and how they do it in K-2.
Then have GT in the intermediate level and they are pulled one afternoon a week and go the the GT house. There is a screening process and this year out of 200+ only 22 met the standards with grades and IQ etc.. It is a very fun alternative learning environment and Mrs. Rogers loves her students and loves to work with them. And don't give me the its who ya are and how rich ya are etc... Because we aren't anyone and sure are not rich. LOL. They have a rigorous standard for GT placement as you go up in grade levels and you are required to take certain amounts of pre-AP In Jr High and AP in Sr. High.
There is out of class time work to be done and they are taught research and study techniques.
I don't know how the elementary GT goes. Our child was asked to participate but we wanted to wait because of other things going on and although smart, we weren't sure the maturity level was right. I definitely recommend the program.:-)
Guest

Little Rock, AR

#134 Jan 26, 2013
BelinKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read the ink. It also still says there is excused absences. Outdated. I will look into just how long she stays in there this year. I have been quite sick with an SLE lupus flare up that has not gone back down since before school started. I make sure she has her work done from both folders. The one from her class and the one from the AP classroom. Yep, the sticker they put on the folder says AP. it is enrichment. That's the
purpose. To challenge students who need it.
Who is the teacher for this class?
District Rep

Benton, AR

#135 Jan 26, 2013
We have hired retired General Peter Petreous as the new Superintendet. We will be converting to a military school format. We appreciate your patience in this transiton
belinksismadcraz y

Ireland

#136 Jan 26, 2013
District Rep wrote:
We have hired retired General Peter Petreous as the new Superintendet. We will be converting to a military school format. We appreciate your patience in this transiton
It's not enough. Forget school and go to a Gitmmo type scenario and try to keep the crazies and their kids separated from sane society.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#137 Jan 28, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonesboro's scores are lower because they don't bully out low scoring kids. They also don't stick kids in self contained for the sole purpose of keeping them from effecting their precious apples. Some of us know what's going on in that little government funded private school and it is nothing to be proud of. Jonesboro does their best to teach every kid. I'd put the top 10% of JPS kids up against the top 10% of VV any day of the week.
This is the most truth I seen about vv this how they have the high scores
Wrong

Jonesboro, AR

#138 Jan 28, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>This is the most truth I seen about vv this how they have the high scores
It's the most Bullsht. No one bullies kids because they don't do good on scores. Once again another febal attempt to discredit hard work. Keep making excuses, Keep Making Excuses... And you know what, even if they did target lessor scoring kids, that's what the federal government wants. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, IT TAKES A VILLAGE, remember that little speech. Well welcome to Liberal Guided Education.
Chuck

Moscow, Russia

#139 Jan 28, 2013
All you have to do is be around some of the imbeciles from Valley View, Candlewood or any other part of it, to know what rotten criminals and jailbirds they're being raised to be by their rotten criminal jailbird families.
Facts

United States

#140 Jan 28, 2013
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>It's the most Bullsht. No one bullies kids because they don't do good on scores. Once again another febal attempt to discredit hard work. Keep making excuses, Keep Making Excuses... And you know what, even if they did target lessor scoring kids, that's what the federal government wants. NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, IT TAKES A VILLAGE, remember that little speech. Well welcome to Liberal Guided Education.
Other schools achieve no child left behind by working to make sure each student is meeting their potential. They do this by including the parents and coming up with ways for the kids to learn. Valley View achieves this by eliminating the square pegs. If you don't voluntarily move Johnny to another school they will test him and put him in self contained or special Ed. Talk to some parents who have choiced good, bright kids out of Valley View. They all have the same story.

Since: Jan 13

Jonesboro, AR

#141 Jan 28, 2013
Someone has managed to steal my registered name BelinKS. From now on it's TherealBelinKS.
Greatful Parent

Benton, AR

#142 Jan 28, 2013
Politics aside, George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind may have been well intended but it has been a nightmare that has left more kids behind than it helped! Ask any teacher about the insanity of this program. I think all school districts do the best they can but they are hamstrung by so many bureacratic left-overs of NCLB. I have a special needs child that attends VV and they have been great to work with and help my child. Thanks to all these unsung heroes (teachers) who should be held in much higher esteem by our society than they are. Yes, there are some clock-punchers in every school but one dedicated teacher can make a tremendous impact on the life of a child. I didn't realize until I hit middle-age just how much some outstanding teachers helped shape my education and thus my life.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#143 Jan 28, 2013
Agreed, and well said!
Greatful Parent wrote:
Politics aside, George W. Bush's No Child Left Behind may have been well intended but it has been a nightmare that has left more kids behind than it helped! Ask any teacher about the insanity of this program. I think all school districts do the best they can but they are hamstrung by so many bureacratic left-overs of NCLB. I have a special needs child that attends VV and they have been great to work with and help my child. Thanks to all these unsung heroes (teachers) who should be held in much higher esteem by our society than they are. Yes, there are some clock-punchers in every school but one dedicated teacher can make a tremendous impact on the life of a child. I didn't realize until I hit middle-age just how much some outstanding teachers helped shape my education and thus my life.
FOREALTHOUGH

Jonesboro, AR

#144 Jan 28, 2013
The people from Jonesboro seem to be the ones complaining about having to teach minority students. Quit making excuses and teach the kids you have. If Jonesboro is so great, has great teachers and Wilbanks is the best superintendent in the state then the schools should be performing better. Instead, Jonesboro is about to try another gimmick and abandon the magnet school concept. They did it the first time and promised results and that hasn't happened. Now they are going to go to another model, get more federal government money and still underperform. Jonesboro spends more money per child than any other district in the area any underperforms by a large margin every school in the area. Good luck with that sinking ship. We've been able to absorb all the people smart enough to leave Jonesboro thus far and we'll build more schools and continue you to do it in the future. Come on down!
Guest

United States

#145 Jan 28, 2013
FOREALTHOUGH wrote:
The people from Jonesboro seem to be the ones complaining about having to teach minority students. Quit making excuses and teach the kids you have. If Jonesboro is so great, has great teachers and Wilbanks is the best superintendent in the state then the schools should be performing better. Instead, Jonesboro is about to try another gimmick and abandon the magnet school concept. They did it the first time and promised results and that hasn't happened. Now they are going to go to another model, get more federal government money and still underperform. Jonesboro spends more money per child than any other district in the area any underperforms by a large margin every school in the area. Good luck with that sinking ship. We've been able to absorb all the people smart enough to leave Jonesboro thus far and we'll build more schools and continue you to do it in the future. Come on down!
You almost pull yourself off as smart, except for the facts. Jonesboro isn't abandoning the Magnet School concept, that is for the elementary schools. What they are doing is setting up a charter school for the high school with 3 different academies. I'd try to explain it to you, but I'm afraid I'd be waisting my time as you are incapable of understanding the premise of said charter school. So I'll leave you with this, Valley who??

Since: Jan 13

Jonesboro, AR

#146 Jan 29, 2013
Just worry about your own kids! The VV parents are taking care of their own. Saying the kids are criminals is just plain ignorant. A few years ago a couple of football players got in trouble and now people can't just stop and see that those boys are now grown! No other VV students out there getting arrested. Can you say that about Jonesboro? Definitely not! Why do you hate VV so much? They've done nothing to you. Is it because of the rich kids? Lesson here: VV covers a lot of the county. Kids that are not rich! Kids that live in two mobile homes pushed together. There is a wide range of socioeconomic students. Everyone knows all of Jonesboro because they are land locked by the other school districts. People seem to have no idea about VV. Leave our kids out of your warped sense of reality, Get a clue, a life! If you do not have a kid in VV, then it is none of your business what they or their patents do.
TherealBelinKS

Glenview, IL

#147 Jan 29, 2013
and don't forget I really enjoy a little girl on girl action. So if any of you other VV moms want to lick a little BelinKS verginny ginny not so skinny, just holler!
Guest

Mckinney, TX

#148 Jan 29, 2013
TherealBelinKS wrote:
Just worry about your own kids! The VV parents are taking care of their own. Saying the kids are criminals is just plain ignorant. A few years ago a couple of football players got in trouble and now people can't just stop and see that those boys are now grown! No other VV students out there getting arrested. Can you say that about Jonesboro? Definitely not! Why do you hate VV so much? They've done nothing to you. Is it because of the rich kids? Lesson here: VV covers a lot of the county. Kids that are not rich! Kids that live in two mobile homes pushed together. There is a wide range of socioeconomic students. Everyone knows all of Jonesboro because they are land locked by the other school districts. People seem to have no idea about VV. Leave our kids out of your warped sense of reality, Get a clue, a life! If you do not have a kid in VV, then it is none of your business what they or their patents do.
So, you are saying that no other VV students have been arrested since these football players, I don't guess you would bet your posting on Topix over this, would you? Apples to apples, JHS is a better high school, no question about it. Is VV a safer little protected world for students, or their parents who are afraid of the real world, probably so. I could have sent my children to any school in town, but we chose JHS and so far, two of the three that have graduated have full academic scholarships to college.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Passmore 2 min Guest 1
Petition To End Topix ===> 16 min Rupert B Jigglebo... 68
Who cares about Cecil the Lion? 18 min guest 65
carpet cleaning 18 min Guest 8
President Obama Named Most Admired Man In The ... 31 min libturdsRlosers 10
Gina at Abernathy Motors (Jan '15) 41 min Huh 51
Nestle Drug Testing (Sep '12) 42 min guest 21
Countdown to My Vacation 1 hr Disclaimer 104
How many Hillary lies about her servers? 3 hr guest 240
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages