Valley View Superintendent

Jonesboro, AR

#295 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
Is the teacher that G.Taylor had an affair with still teaching at V.V.? Why would he have to leave and not her?
With the ego of GT, you would have to think he left or "retired" as king of VV ? ONLY because his estranged wife gave him an ultimatum !! leave it or loose it all; bye bye town house, river house, BBQ joint, family and all -> what an ultimately arrogant looser, truly abused his position. Could have easily been prosecuted, probably should have been; do they give prison time for sexual harassment? Ruined family lives, embarrassed or lost many friends, and so here's your example of a downtown Bapt. church deacon that believes he's above the law. Guess ya'll better check up on the others as well. Move this pigheaded iron to the front of the "go to downstairs" line... truth is a deadly monopoly

Jonesboro, AR

#296 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really just have a diagnosis of add/ADHD.
Nope, my child has ADHD and attends the GT class.
JONESBUR

Jonesboro, AR

#297 Feb 10, 2013
I guess everyone saw the statistics provided by Roy Okert yesterday in the Sun? Jonesboro has a much higher remediation rate for the kids they send to college than other schools in the county. VV AND Brookland are outperforming them. So, for all this talk about matching up elites, it looks like VV and Brookland provide better overall preparation for college than JHS. Looks like it's time for Wilbanks and crew to head back to the drawing board to try and cook up another gimmick to get more federal tax dollars and convince the good people of Jonesboro that this is "now" the best solution. Get out while you can.

Desoto, TX

#298 Feb 10, 2013
JONESBUR wrote:
I guess everyone saw the statistics provided by Roy Okert yesterday in the Sun? Jonesboro has a much higher remediation rate for the kids they send to college than other schools in the county. VV AND Brookland are outperforming them. So, for all this talk about matching up elites, it looks like VV and Brookland provide better overall preparation for college than JHS. Looks like it's time for Wilbanks and crew to head back to the drawing board to try and cook up another gimmick to get more federal tax dollars and convince the good people of Jonesboro that this is "now" the best solution. Get out while you can.
So, you are equating elite, with kids going to college? I believe it was the graduate from VV who claimed she was not prepared for college by attending VV.
JONESBUR

Jonesboro, AR

#299 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are equating elite, with kids going to college? I believe it was the graduate from VV who claimed she was not prepared for college by attending VV.
Clearly you took statistics at JHS. So, that's one student that is not prepared and appeared to have an axe to grind. You're using one student to ignore the collection of a larger sample of students. See, that's how stats work, you don't use one case to reach a conclusion, you take a larger sample and then you can draw meaningful conclusions. That's the just of the Ockert article, by and large, JHS students have a higher remediation rate that other schools in the county.

Desoto, TX

#300 Feb 10, 2013
JONESBUR wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you took statistics at JHS. So, that's one student that is not prepared and appeared to have an axe to grind. You're using one student to ignore the collection of a larger sample of students. See, that's how stats work, you don't use one case to reach a conclusion, you take a larger sample and then you can draw meaningful conclusions. That's the just of the Ockert article, by and large, JHS students have a higher remediation rate that other schools in the county.
And your point is? JHS also has a larger percentage of students on free or reduced lunch, I wonder if there is any correlation. Please tell me the number of National Merit scholarship winner VV and Brookland have, or the average amount of scholarship money per student? I don't question the larger number of remediation rate, do you question the scholarship numbers?
VViewed

Mayflower, AR

#301 Feb 10, 2013
I think the only way to settle this is through a Hunger Games type competition between Valley View & Jonesboro. Each side picks 10 students and 10 faculty to compete and we'll set the event at Craighead Forest. Rather than lethal weapons we'll make it paintball guns & Super Soakers. We'll appoint official referees and judges from ASU and ask the ASU broadcast department to set up cams for viewing. The winning school will get to make ride a float at the Christmas parade pulled by the losing team members. I'm afraid this is the only intelligent way to resolve this dispute.
kvs

Jonesboro, AR

#302 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? JHS also has a larger percentage of students on free or reduced lunch, I wonder if there is any correlation. Please tell me the number of National Merit scholarship winner VV and Brookland have, or the average amount of scholarship money per student? I don't question the larger number of remediation rate, do you question the scholarship numbers?
How many NMFinalists has JHS had? What is their average scholarship money?

Desoto, TX

#303 Feb 10, 2013
kvs wrote:
<quoted text>
How many NMFinalists has JHS had? What is their average scholarship money?
More than VV or Brookland, look it up.
kvs

Jonesboro, AR

#304 Feb 10, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
More than VV or Brookland, look it up.
Look it up where?

Desoto, TX

#305 Feb 10, 2013
kvs wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up where?
I'd try the internet.

Jonesboro, AR

#306 Feb 11, 2013
VViewed wrote:
I think the only way to settle this is through a Hunger Games type competition between Valley View & Jonesboro. Each side picks 10 students and 10 faculty to compete and we'll set the event at Craighead Forest. Rather than lethal weapons we'll make it paintball guns & Super Soakers. We'll appoint official referees and judges from ASU and ask the ASU broadcast department to set up cams for viewing. The winning school will get to make ride a float at the Christmas parade pulled by the losing team members. I'm afraid this is the only intelligent way to resolve this dispute.
Intelligent?

Jonesboro, AR

#307 Feb 11, 2013
Did any of you notice that no VV person commented on the discussion thread about JHS? Jonesboro, get a clue! Stop bashing VV. They did not bash you!

Desoto, TX

#308 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
Did any of you notice that no VV person commented on the discussion thread about JHS? Jonesboro, get a clue! Stop bashing VV. They did not bash you!
Sounds like you are bashing Jonesboro people, quit.

Jonesboro, AR

#309 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are bashing Jonesboro people, quit.
Oh, dish it but can't take it. I'm not surprised. You quit.
kvs

Jonesboro, AR

#310 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd try the internet.
You're the one that posted wanting to know about VV and Brookand's National Merit finalists and scholarships, but you cannot provide info on JHS. Hmmmmmmm ... Maybe that's because you don't really know.

Desoto, TX

#311 Feb 11, 2013
kvs wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one that posted wanting to know about VV and Brookand's National Merit finalists and scholarships, but you cannot provide info on JHS. Hmmmmmmm ... Maybe that's because you don't really know.
In 2012, JHS had 3 semi-finalist and VV had 1, Brookland 0. I'm not going to look up every year for you, surely you are able to google the internet yourself.
why

United States

#312 Feb 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
With the ego of GT, you would have to think he left or "retired" as king of VV ? ONLY because his estranged wife gave him an ultimatum !! leave it or loose it all; bye bye town house, river house, BBQ joint, family and all -> what an ultimately arrogant looser, truly abused his position. Could have easily been prosecuted, probably should have been; do they give prison time for sexual harassment? Ruined family lives, embarrassed or lost many friends, and so here's your example of a downtown Bapt. church deacon that believes he's above the law. Guess ya'll better check up on the others as well. Move this pigheaded iron to the front of the "go to downstairs" line... truth is a deadly monopoly
why would vv hire a substitute employee that takes nude pictures of herself on her phone and took it to school and let it get into the hands of a 14 boy who supposedly sent them to everyone in her phone book on her cell phone without her knowing. I think someone that irresponsible should not be allowed back on a school campus. But im sure vv didnt let that news get out.
JONESBUR

Jonesboro, AR

#313 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2012, JHS had 3 semi-finalist and VV had 1, Brookland 0. I'm not going to look up every year for you, surely you are able to google the internet yourself.
So, nobody won a scholarship, they were only semi-finalists? So, you basically came in 2nd and VV came in 3rd.
JONESBUR

Jonesboro, AR

#314 Feb 11, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep blaming the poor students? You seem to have a bias against them? The effects of free lunch should largely disappear among students at college. If you earn a high enough score to get into college then you should be able to compete. Further, you still have no idea how statistics work. One or two students could get a large scholarship and skew the average higher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
4th In The Forest/FourthFest 10 min JtownTrashIsDisgu... 3
why hasn't god came back? 31 min you are unworthy 33
Preacher Archie 37 min Think 36
Britain exits European Union 2 hr Mr Guest 106
Ross Perot in 1992 on NAFTA and the "Giant Suck... 2 hr guest 2
How many Hillary lies about her servers? (Jun '15) 2 hr Mr Guest 1,411
Hillary Nailed on Benghazi? (Mar '15) 2 hr Mr Guest 346
Apologize to Hillary HERE === > 3 hr im not a doctor 48

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web