Mid-South Health Systems

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AngryClient2012

Jonesboro, AR

#1 May 12, 2012
Mid-South Health Systems is a company with several issues from the top down. Starting at the bottom, the turn over rate for case managers and therapists is ridiculous. Everyday this company loses a worker or fires / forces resignation of workers due to billing requirements. If this doesn't take care of it, then the worker transfers to a new clinic leaving their patients behind to deal with another change. And us mentally ill people hate change. The next issue relates to the poor training. On several occasions, I have received a new case manager (never managed a case before) and they have no clue. They receive no training from the previous vase manager because their method for hiring means one spot has to be cleared before the other can start. No time for transition trading.(Cost money right?). Another issue is the social group. This company has a group of individuals (I assume the popular kids of the company) that you can find 7 days a week on Main Street in Jonesboro getting their next day hang over started. And don't lie, just because we are mentally ill doesn't mean we don't see your behavior in public. Also, you talk loud when your drunk, so stop talking about your crazy client interactions throughout the day. Remember when you told me "everything is confidential" whatever! As for management. I have heard horror stories related to false documentation and overwhelming production numbers. The reason a lot of people on here complain about your services is because they are infrequent. If your poor therapists weren't required to carry 100 person case loads, then maybe your quality of care would improve. Now I have had the pleasure to meet your CEO. She is a wonderful lady. But she acts like a politician. Half the things she says are untrue. My therapist talked to me about some concurrent crap policy that was pushed from the top down. Well thanks for whoever started that one. Now my person is forced to stare at their computer half the session while I try to discuss my issues. Changes need to be made. You are hiring individuals that do not care about those they work with. And the good workers you ha e you are pushing to a mental breakdown with your billing requirements. Show the clients that you respect them through how you present your company. And for God's sake! Make your employees feel like they are worth something rather than giving them requirements and talking them "do it or get fired." Individuals that feel expendable are unable to function at a high rate due to fear of being fired! So they are stressed out, and this is seen by us (your money source). I am told all the time by my therapist "positive communication is important." Well start treating your employees (the ones that make your money while you sit in the ivory tower making policies that are crap because you don't work in the field and don't know what's happening with your client population) like they are valuable to you. When I hear my therapist out in public say that they are about burnt out because of productivity, it makes me wonder who is driving the ship! Get it to gather people. You have some really good workers down there. Stop over working them!!!!! And then firing them!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 07

Haslet, TX

#2 May 12, 2012
AngryClient2012 wrote:
Mid-South Health Systems is a company with several issues from the top down. Starting at the bottom, the turn over rate for case managers and therapists is ridiculous. Everyday this company loses a worker or fires / forces resignation of workers due to billing requirements. If this doesn't take care of it, then the worker transfers to a new clinic leaving their patients behind to deal with another change. And us mentally ill people hate change. The next issue relates to the poor training. On several occasions, I have received a new case manager (never managed a case before) and they have no clue. They receive no training from the previous vase manager because their method for hiring means one spot has to be cleared before the other can start. No time for transition trading.(Cost money right?). Another issue is the social group. This company has a group of individuals (I assume the popular kids of the company) that you can find 7 days a week on Main Street in Jonesboro getting their next day hang over started. And don't lie, just because we are mentally ill doesn't mean we don't see your behavior in public. Also, you talk loud when your drunk, so stop talking about your crazy client interactions throughout the day. Remember when you told me "everything is confidential" whatever! As for management. I have heard horror stories related to false documentation and overwhelming production numbers. The reason a lot of people on here complain about your services is because they are infrequent. If your poor therapists weren't required to carry 100 person case loads, then maybe your quality of care would improve. Now I have had the pleasure to meet your CEO. She is a wonderful lady. But she acts like a politician. Half the things she says are untrue. My therapist talked to me about some concurrent crap policy that was pushed from the top down. Well thanks for whoever started that one. Now my person is forced to stare at their computer half the session while I try to discuss my issues. Changes need to be made. You are hiring individuals that do not care about those they work with. And the good workers you ha e you are pushing to a mental breakdown with your billing requirements. Show the clients that you respect them through how you present your company. And for God's sake! Make your employees feel like they are worth something rather than giving them requirements and talking them "do it or get fired." Individuals that feel expendable are unable to function at a high rate due to fear of being fired! So they are stressed out, and this is seen by us (your money source). I am told all the time by my therapist "positive communication is important." Well start treating your employees (the ones that make your money while you sit in the ivory tower making policies that are crap because you don't work in the field and don't know what's happening with your client population) like they are valuable to you. When I hear my therapist out in public say that they are about burnt out because of productivity, it makes me wonder who is driving the ship! Get it to gather people. You have some really good workers down there. Stop over working them!!!!! And then firing them!!!!!!!
It's not just MidSouth, it's every RSPMI agency.

I appreciate you bringing these concerns to the public, however the biggest problem is everyone, consumers and providers sponging off of Medicaid.
social worker

Jonesboro, AR

#3 May 12, 2012
I completely agree with you about Mid South...your points are RIGHT on! Please write a letter or even submit something close to your post to the Jonesboro Sun as a Letter to the Editor...Mid South is so far from being client centered, they are productivity centered all the way!
really

Jonesboro, AR

#4 May 12, 2012
social worker wrote:
I completely agree with you about Mid South...your points are RIGHT on! Please write a letter or even submit something close to your post to the Jonesboro Sun as a Letter to the Editor...Mid South is so far from being client centered, they are productivity centered all the way!
I thought about taking a job out there, is this true?
someDude

United States

#5 May 12, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>I thought about taking a job out there, is this true?
I am an individual that works there, and while issues are here :-( I am here for those clients I serve. So productivity or not... Crappy management or not, I am a social worker and I am here to help those in need! Every job has its problems, You just have to be in it for the right reasons and ignore the politics :-)
Not Again

Hoffman Forest, NC

#6 May 14, 2012
I love my job.... It's like a mustache with titties! Bad ass!
question

Jonesboro, AR

#7 May 15, 2012
What happened with the waiver program?
they suck

Little Rock, AR

#8 Aug 3, 2012
I worked there and they are the biggest mediciad fraud billing POS's I have ever seen. They tried forcing me to do an I told em no, the last thing I want is my name and signature to to billing that goes to Medicaid. I have seen therapist fired with months away from retirement because " you bill to much" and put it on their termination letter for not meeting billing requirements. This place is a joke and is productivity driven. The higher up's don't give a damn about clients. The case managers and therapists are the hardest working one's i know. I was an employee there for 7 years and was terminated for something i didn't do. i was raised to be a honest person and they fire me over some bogus claims made by client who suffered from mental illness and at times didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and i had documentation though my notes and mileage log that i was in fact seeing the client. them doing this caused me lose my home that i only had for a year cause who is going to hire a person with medicaid fraud written in their personnel file. that ceo bonnie white and her goons cary thompson and roland are worthless. for those employed there now i pray ya'll get out befoe they get you.
hmmm

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Aug 3, 2012
Their fostercare system it not any better.
jonesboro

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Sep 11, 2013
The worst place is Blytheville. The lady over the clinic is never there. When she is there she hides in her office. They don't care about us. We had good workers but they ran them off. we have some good ones again but we know they wont last cause they get rid of the ones who cares. The white hair secretary is meaner than a snake. they keep her but get rid of the ones who are nice and cares. I go to Arkansas counciling now and they really elp me
Previous Employee

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Sep 11, 2013
Couldn't have said it better myself. Very well written.
Beentheredonetha t

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Sep 12, 2013
As a teen they had mom believe I was not safe for the public. They locked me up and made me sign a paper saying I would take a cup of pills and be locked back up if they didn't see them in my monthly blood draws. I was home after 24the hrs. Needless to say I ended up in jail the nexthave day not knowing where I was or what happened. They are pill pushers. The magic cure for mid-south!
As an adult, I have done very well and very happy. I am a law abiding, healthy, happy, mother and wife.

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Sep 20, 2013
I work there. They are interested in productivity because they have to have money to run the place. I enjoy working there because I love my clients. I just overlook the riff raff and do my job. They do not do fraud. Sorry u had a bad experience there but I been there for 15 years and love it. So watch what u say when u really don't know.
Anonymous

Mountain Home, AR

#14 Oct 16, 2013
I work there as well for a few years. I have seen fraud. When interventions are supposed to be medically necessary and you are forced to bill on them with daily schedules whether they need it or not could also be considered fraud.
wondering

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 5, 2014
I have been there, never did see a therapist , I had to stop before i could see him, the person i was working with was diagnosing me from week to week, I would be shocked every time they used such words. That really did not fit my personality, They had me in such a state of depression, I have to leave and find another person, It took me along time to trust them. But i always wondered is that there job or the
therapist job? All I know was it freaked me out. I already felt like I was worthless, then to be told I was certain things, that ment i was worthless. Good lord.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Feb 5, 2014
thieves & crooks thats MID SOUTH HEALTH just leaches suckin off the gov't
carrie fisher

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Feb 7, 2014
Roland is a male showist pig he got rid of most the female workers and made room for his yesmen....They have alot of balls telling people they fire at their new job inquiring on wheither they can be rehired or not other business,that has nothing to do with their former job.If was me I would own that place.If I applied for another job an they call midsouth for reference and they lied to them about me and then have that paper work all of a sudden disappear..All they are legally allowed to say is yes or no on rehire status...Midsouth you have some explaining to do....Funny when Cary gets a new girlfriend each time he is gonna have to make her a job ever time....so someone will have to go each time....How are they getting by saying they are non-profit when they milk medicaid to dealth...and fire people for not doing it too...They must be paying someone under the table again...
carrie fisher

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Feb 7, 2014
guest wrote:
I work there. They are interested in productivity because they have to have money to run the place. I enjoy working there because I love my clients. I just overlook the riff raff and do my job. They do not do fraud. Sorry u had a bad experience there but I been there for 15 years and love it. So watch what u say when u really don't know.
Yes they do and MCDanial lawyers from Little Rock looked into it and they had to pay alot of cash back at the Corning site....

Trumann, AR

#20 Apr 9, 2014
Every person has their own opinion of past employment. Just because you are unhappy there does not mean everyone else is. No job site is perfect. We all have complaints. I worked there in Paragould. That was an awesome job. I had to leave because I moved. And as far as Cary, he was a fair boss. No reply on Roland. Things did become worse after he arrived, but MSHS is a good place to work and most workers are nice and really want to help. You cannot judge a Company by one worker. If you did, then Judge it by me,. I worked there and I was totally caring and took very good care of my clients .
Lisa

Forrest City, AR

#21 Apr 9, 2014
Problem starts at the top with that witch running the place. Backstabbing hateful woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I can see your future Free Fortune Telling (Jan '10) 14 min Emily 395
WHAT was that massive boom and rumbling... 35 min Guest 11
Michelle Lee 37 min A Different Miche... 9
Does anyone know officer campbell? (Feb '12) 1 hr Wondering 9
Trump's Memes 1 hr guest 3
Fence around the Jonesboro Mosque 1 hr guest 2
News Arkansas parents 'filmed sex acts in Home Depot... 2 hr Guest 140

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance