OBGYN's in Jonesboro
Guest 2

Aubrey, TX

#124 Nov 17, 2008
I say both Dr.Steven Emerson and Dr.Brad Fields are both great christian men. They are both great doctors. I'm friends with Dr.Emerson's wife Melinda and she's really sweet.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#125 Nov 17, 2008
Guest 2 wrote:
I say both Dr.Steven Emerson and Dr.Brad Fields are both great christian men. They are both great doctors. I'm friends with Dr.Emerson's wife Melinda and she's really sweet.
Dr. Emerson doesn't deliver babies anymore....
Guest 2

Aubrey, TX

#126 Nov 17, 2008
Yes that's right but he still see's patients in the office and in the hospital and he also still does surgery. Matter of fact he's spending the day at the hospital today because he's doing surgery cases today. He stil does everything that the rest of the members of the practice with him do but Dr.Emerson just doesn't deliver babies anymore. But he's still a great doctor. I would highly recommend Dr.Emerson if you are looking for an obgyn and not pregnant.
Don not

Bossier City, LA

#127 Nov 17, 2008
Guest 2 wrote:
I say both Dr.Steven Emerson and Dr.Brad Fields are both great christian men. They are both great doctors. I'm friends with Dr.Emerson's wife Melinda and she's really sweet.
Dr. Fields may be a great chistian man, I don't doubt that. He made mistakes, that helped lead to my very late term miscarriage and my near death. That has been years ago, so maybe he has learned more now OR he has learned when he needs help or is in over his head.

Since: Nov 08

none ya

#128 Nov 17, 2008
I had my first 2 kids out of state and my 3rd here in Jonesboro. At the time I had to go through AHEC clinic for my pre-natel care. So, I can't really recommend a OB/GYN, but I do feel the need to say that some of the nurses at St. Bernard were rude to me. They underminded my decision to both breast and bottle feed. One little short nurse actually argued with me saying " YOU can not do that" -- WHATEVER!-- I of course did it anyway since I know what is best for my child. But she acted like I was a "newbie" or something. It was ridiculous. I also did not care for the lactation consultant who INSISTED I hold my son a certian way to feed him. Hello? I've done this before, lady.

Sorry, I don't mean to vent. I just feel like a woman should be treated with a little more respect than what I was given while at St. Bernards.

I hope you have a better experience than I did.
Tall Old Nurse

Lake Charles, LA

#129 Nov 17, 2008
the cat lady wrote:
I had my first 2 kids out of state and my 3rd here in Jonesboro. At the time I had to go through AHEC clinic for my pre-natel care. So, I can't really recommend a OB/GYN, but I do feel the need to say that some of the nurses at St. Bernard were rude to me. They underminded my decision to both breast and bottle feed. One little short nurse actually argued with me saying " YOU can not do that" -- WHATEVER!-- I of course did it anyway since I know what is best for my child. But she acted like I was a "newbie" or something. It was ridiculous. I also did not care for the lactation consultant who INSISTED I hold my son a certian way to feed him. Hello? I've done this before, lady.
Sorry, I don't mean to vent. I just feel like a woman should be treated with a little more respect than what I was given while at St. Bernards.
I hope you have a better experience than I did.
The nurse should have been more considerate of your child rearing experience. She was probably going about nursing "textbook style" instead of experienced good nurse style. Youcan't teach experience. I'm happy to hear your babies turned out perfect, though.

Since: Nov 08

none ya

#130 Nov 17, 2008
Tall Old Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
The nurse should have been more considerate of your child rearing experience. She was probably going about nursing "textbook style" instead of experienced good nurse style. Youcan't teach experience. I'm happy to hear your babies turned out perfect, though.
Thank you. Yes, the nurse was pretty young. Maybe she just didn't know I already had children.
agreed

Mountain Home, AR

#131 Dec 4, 2008
"I couldn't get into my regular OB so I saw Dr. Graham. She belittled me about everything we talked about. She was the rudest doctor I've ever seen. I would not recommend her to anyone. "

I completely agree. I was going to Dr.Graham for over a year and had to see her many many times. I kept having reoccuring problems and she would just give me anitbiotics each time and send me on my way. She never once acted like she cared and also looked down upon me, because I am a 20 year old sexually active girl. It was obvious she was wasting her time with me. I finally was able to get in to Dr.HONG and he is amazing. He fixed my problem that I had dealt with for a year within the first 30 min of meeting me. I am so Thankful for Dr.Hong and I feel wonderful.
kathy

North Little Rock, AR

#132 Dec 5, 2008
Dr.Carl Edwards hands down!
New to Area

Walls, MS

#133 Sep 28, 2009
I moved here less than a month ago, I am 2 mos pregnant, and want a csection. Will someone please recommend a surgeon for this? I know recovery time depends a lot on how careful the doctor is and really need to know which drs in the area are most skilled. I am willing to go to Memphis also. Any advice would be appreciated.
New Mommy

Little Rock, AR

#134 Sep 28, 2009
I recently delivered my first baby and I used Dr. Curry at OBGYN. She was awesome! Before I got pregnant I used Dr. Emerson and liked him, but he doesn't deliver anymore. So I chose to see Dr. Curry and loved her. She answered all my questions and even explained everything to my husband so he would know what I would be going through, along with what we would be going through as a couple. I highly reccommend Dr. Curry! And when my baby was born he was taken to the NICU immediately and she stayed with me for a while and even called and came back to check on me and him. She signed off on me to stay in the hospital a couple extra days also so I didn't have to leave and my baby stay without me. I really appreciated her concern considering she wasn't even his doctor once delivered. She went the extra mile!
Newte to Area

Walls, MS

#135 Sep 29, 2009
New mommy, what steps did you go through while pregnant to prepare for the csection. I had a consult with one dr who told me he did not do csections unless necessary. That is his perogative, choosing another OB is mine. I have had several people tell me they had to see a therapist before they could get theirs to agree. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary stress to go through before the baby is even born. I know everyone has a horror story, and I do not mind a dr trying to scare me into natural childbirth to see if I am prepared. I am an adult however, and want to make sure I find a dr I am comfortable with and can trust.
guest

Victoria, TX

#136 Sep 29, 2009
New to the Area--I suggest you make an appointment with Dr. Carl Edwards.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#137 Sep 30, 2009
I am currently 7 months pregnant and I am seeing Dr. Joseph Sams at OBGYN Associates.
He is not only a wonderful doctor, but it certainly is true that his bedside manner is wonderful! He always answers every question that I have with honesty and kindness, and he just doesn't seem to get ruffled easily.
All his exam rooms have tons of pictures of the babies he has delivered, and he has a few expensive looking personalized gifts from happy parents. That's got to be saying something!
His nurse, Ms. Nancy, is also a very sweet lady!! I have had to call their answering service a couple of times with complications, and she always gets back to me quickly and reassures me on everything!
This is my first pregnancy, and having such a great doctor and wonderful nurse has been very reassuring!
As far as having to see different doctors every time you go to OBGYN, I have not had this issue. I'm on Medicaid, and didn't expect top notch treatment, but... I'm getting treated just the same as everyone else.
My next pregnancy will definitely be handled by OBGYN.
So, if you are looking for a great OBGYN, get in touch with Dr. Sams!!!!!!!!
New to Area

Walls, MS

#138 Oct 3, 2009
Is that the dr that does the csection/tubes/tummy tuck all at the same time? We were talking at work and someone said there was one, but could not remember the name. I looked at the clinic's website and thought that might be the one. Thank you!
guest

Hot Springs Village, AR

#139 Oct 9, 2009
just me wrote:
If you are wanting to deliver at St B, try Dr M McClurkan. He's great!!
Please don't try McClurkan-he delivered my son and injured him in the progress. My son was full term i had no problems during my pregnancy-he was born the day after my due date weighn eight pds 2 and half ounces and McClurkan fractured his skull and he almost died the next day but by the grace of god he didnt but now he has CP and has always had alot of problems. So please dont use him!
you mean vaginal

Lake Charles, LA

#140 Oct 9, 2009
Newte to Area wrote:
New mommy, what steps did you go through while pregnant to prepare for the csection. I had a consult with one dr who told me he did not do csections unless necessary. That is his perogative, choosing another OB is mine. I have had several people tell me they had to see a therapist before they could get theirs to agree. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary stress to go through before the baby is even born. I know everyone has a horror story, and I do not mind a dr trying to scare me into natural childbirth to see if I am prepared. I am an adult however, and want to make sure I find a dr I am comfortable with and can trust.
I'm not some crazy diehard for vaginal childbirth, but it's safer for the baby than c-sections. I have a friend with a baby with serious heart problems. She had her baby vaginally for that reason so I know it's true. Maybe that dr was just looking out for you and your baby.
You must be kidding

Blytheville, AR

#141 Oct 9, 2009
Guest 2 wrote:
Whatever you decide, steer clear of Dr. Rauls. He's a quack. He nearly killed my sister with her first. He also let her labor for 26 hours before finally giving her a c-section. I can't stand him at all, either. He makes me feel very uncomfortable.
Dr. Rauls has been my doctor for 10 years. Not only is he a fabulous doctor, he is an excellent surgeon. Maybe your sister should be the one to speak sine she is the one with the experience. However, you should always go to the doctor you are comfortable with. Oh, wait...he's not your doctor...
princess

United States

#142 Oct 10, 2009
Dr. Rauls is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I have used him for nearly 20 years and have never had any problems. He has an excellent bedside manner.
Nat

Lake Geneva, WI

#143 Oct 12, 2009
Dr. Lorna Layton is the best OBGYN in Jonesboro. I've recommended her to everyone. Great bedside manner, keeps you informed of what's going on, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bank in Walnut Ridge bilked of at least $3.9 mi... 5 min dang 1
The Awful Truth About the TV Reporter Shooting 41 min Red 5
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 51 min guest 30,947
Obama Shoots Hellary For The Second Time 2 hr Betty 36
I rock 103.9 2 hr excellent 2
ADVICE; Don't fall for bait threads 2 hr BORED 35
In God We Trust 2 hr John 15
Should we mine the border to stop illegals? 12 hr Guest 94
Open carry legal 12 hr Guest bagger 35
Sorry, baggers, State Dept. Says There’s Nothin... 14 hr guest 110
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages