First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#1 Feb 8, 2013
The republican taliban scripted the whole sequestration deal.

Judged:

12

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Ummm

Trumann, AR

#3 Feb 8, 2013
so that means the dems were to stupid to see it coming?
Guest

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2013
I believe LBT is trying to get the spotlight off the Obama/Piers loving, leftist murderer.

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#5 Feb 8, 2013
"My party has their fingerprints all over it. It was the Republican leadership who agreed with the concept."

- Sen Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
the real guest

Ridgedale, MO

#6 Feb 9, 2013
The only reason there is a sequestration was because a couple years ago Democrats refused to cut any spending, yet wanted the debt ceiling increased.

The idea of sequestration, which BOTH parties agreed to, was to make the mandatory cuts so onerous that another method would have to be reached.

But, the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate refuse to talk about cutting ANY spending. Plus, they gleefully support cutting military spending, one of their decades old goals.

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#9 Feb 9, 2013
the real guest wrote:
The only reason there is a sequestration was because a couple years ago Democrats refused to cut any spending, yet wanted the debt ceiling increased.
The idea of sequestration, which BOTH parties agreed to, was to make the mandatory cuts so onerous that another method would have to be reached.
But, the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate refuse to talk about cutting ANY spending. Plus, they gleefully support cutting military spending, one of their decades old goals.
The republican taliban owns the sequestration. All military spending cuts is on them.
Will

Pahrump, NV

#10 Feb 9, 2013
the real guest wrote:
The only reason there is a sequestration was because a couple years ago Democrats refused to cut any spending, yet wanted the debt ceiling increased.
The idea of sequestration, which BOTH parties agreed to, was to make the mandatory cuts so onerous that another method would have to be reached.
But, the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate refuse to talk about cutting ANY spending. Plus, they gleefully support cutting military spending, one of their decades old goals.
The military should be cut down to what Canada spends, that way, they couldn't run around the world causing problems and causing everyone to hate us. Then we might be able to get our social security increases.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 9, 2013
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican taliban owns the sequestration. All military spending cuts is on them.
Obama and the democrats own this situation.

March 1, automatic spending cuts (“sequestration”) go into effect —$1.2&#8201;trillion over 10 years, half from domestic (discretionary) programs, half from defense.

The idea had been proposed and promoted by the White House during the July 2011 debt-ceiling negotiations. The political calculation was that such draconian defense cuts would drive the GOP to offer concessions.

It backfired. Obama’s bluff is being called and he’s the desperate party.

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Regardless of who is to blame, here's how it'll probably go dow -

The sequestration effects will take place because the righties are calling what they believe to be a bluff from the Dems who seem to always give up more in deals like this to get them done.

However, the Dems aren't bluffing and there has arguably been no better time in the last century for Dems to get defense spending cuts.

Both sides know that as soon as the sequestration agreement goes into effect, the Dems will propose legislation that will overturn some of the more critical cuts in social programs, which the righties will reject, thus leaving the righties once again looking like the cockroach in your soup.

Righties will lose, lefties will win, and voters will be pist come Nov 2014.
we know

Jonesboro, AR

#14 Feb 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the democrats own this situation.
March 1, automatic spending cuts (“sequestration”) go into effect —$1.2&#8201;trillion over 10 years, half from domestic (discretionary) programs, half from defense.
The idea had been proposed and promoted by the White House during the July 2011 debt-ceiling negotiations. The political calculation was that such draconian defense cuts would drive the GOP to offer concessions.
It backfired. Obama’s bluff is being called and he’s the desperate party.
You and your wing nut, tea party talibanists want budget cuts,
so be happy, jackass.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 9, 2013
we know wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your wing nut, tea party talibanists want budget cuts,
so be happy, jackass.
You're right, we want budget cuts. Let's start with Obamacare.

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#17 Feb 9, 2013
the real guest wrote:
The only reason there is a sequestration was because a couple years ago Democrats refused to cut any spending, yet wanted the debt ceiling increased.
The idea of sequestration, which BOTH parties agreed to, was to make the mandatory cuts so onerous that another method would have to be reached.
But, the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate refuse to talk about cutting ANY spending. Plus, they gleefully support cutting military spending, one of their decades old goals.
I wont even bother to correct the numerous lies in your post. But I will point out to other readers that the time period and event you describe is when Standard and Poors cited the republican taliban as the direct cause of our nations one and only credit rating downgrade.

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#18 Feb 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the democrats own this situation.
March 1, automatic spending cuts (“sequestration”) go into effect —$1.2&#8201;trillion over 10 years, half from domestic (discretionary) programs, half from defense.
The idea had been proposed and promoted by the White House during the July 2011 debt-ceiling negotiations. The political calculation was that such draconian defense cuts would drive the GOP to offer concessions.
It backfired. Obama’s bluff is being called and he’s the desperate party.
The republican taliban owns it and claims it.. Lindsey Graham says so.

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#19 Feb 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, we want budget cuts. Let's start with Obamacare.
PPACA is here to stay.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I wont even bother to correct the numerous lies in your post. But I will point out to other readers that the time period and event you describe is when Standard and Poors cited the republican taliban as the direct cause of our nations one and only credit rating downgrade.
A quote from S & P, seeing it much differently than you stated:

We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process. We also believe that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration agreed to this week falls short of the amount that we believe is necessary to stabilize the general government debt burden by the middle of the decade.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 9, 2013
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican taliban owns it and claims it.. Lindsey Graham says so.
You got this one wrong also. Graham said it was dumb, not who owns it and claims it.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#23 Feb 9, 2013
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
PPACA is here to stay.
You may be right on this one, too bad for all of us.

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#25 Feb 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
A quote from S & P, seeing it
much differently than you stated:
We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process. We also believe that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration agreed to this week falls short of the amount that we believe is necessary to stabilize the general government debt burden by the middle of the decade.
You forgot to quote this part.........

__________
Compared with previous projections, our revised base case scenario now assumes that the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, due to expire by the end of 2012, remain in place. We have changed our assumption on this because the majority of Republicans in Congress continue to resist any measure that would raise revenues, a position we believe Congress reinforced by passing the act. Key macroeconomic assumptions in the base case scenario include trend real GDP growth of 3% and consumer price inflation near 2% annually over the decade.

http://www.standardandpoors.com/ratings/artic...

Left Brain Thinker

“I don't need no stinkin job.”

Since: May 09

Topix Bar and Grill

#26 Feb 9, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You got this one wrong also. Graham said it was dumb, not who owns it and claims it.
Oh-nooooooo!

__________
"My party has their fingerprints all over it. It was the Republican leadership who agreed with the concept."

- Sen Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27 Feb 9, 2013
Left Brain Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh-nooooooo!
__________
"My party has their fingerprints all over it. It was the Republican leadership who agreed with the concept."
- Sen Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
Oh-noooooooooo, still no claim to sole ownership, as you would have others believe, as, in order to agree to something, the other side would have led the charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 14 min Bad Bart 41,428
Alabama election 29 min bander 38
White Christmas Triggers Snowflakes 1 hr Trumpflakes Blow ... 6
Beggars at Jonesboro stoplights 2 hr Really 33
Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea ... 2 hr Bucko 20
CCC liberal trash liars part of the Soros hate ... 2 hr Trolling4lefties 17
Breaking: Soros Bankrolls Trump Sexual Harassme... 2 hr URA Drag Queen 19

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages