Looking for a fantastic hair stylist ...

Looking for a fantastic hair stylist in Jonesboro

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NewInTown

Bexar, AR

#1 Apr 12, 2011
I am fairly new to the area and I am looking for a really good hair stylist. I do a lot of color on my hair and I am particular about the cut. I have tried Regis, Twisted Scissors, and Hair Inc and I still have not found "the one".
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much.
stay away

Manila, AR

#2 Apr 12, 2011
Stay away from the chain salons such as "hair care USA" and those types of places. I get my hair done at High Maintenance on south caraway and LOVE it there because not only is my hair dresser sweet, but all of the other women that work there are nice too. Try salons out that have booth renters. I know twisted scissors does, but have you tried Textures or HM? Give it a shot. I use Trish at HM but if she can't get you in Bridget is wonderful as well, and I hear Lauren is great.

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 13, 2011
I go to High Maintenance too, Lauren does my hair and she is amazing!! She has been cutting my hair for years and I love it everytime. Like the other poster said though I hear they are all great and I know that they are all very nice. I would definitely give them a try!
JMHO

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Apr 13, 2011
I used to go to a guy at Hair Care Usa who was really good but he moved somewhere else. I don't think its part of a chain tho. I might try High Maintenance because I haven't found any body else very good since he left.

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2011
I am the same way. I go to "right hair" salon. It's on stallings. She does great work! I wouldn't go anywhere else.
well

United States

#6 Apr 13, 2011
I am new to the area and a recent cosmetology graduate....are there anymore nice places? I will be applying to places soon!
awesome

United States

#7 Apr 13, 2011
Kerri Carter at Blonde Ambition does an awesome job! She does not book appts way ahead so it is fairly easy to get in to see her! She has done my hair for almost 6 years and I will not go to anyone else!!!
CUstomer forever

United States

#8 Apr 13, 2011
CRystal SChmidt at blonde ambition also really good n easy to get into
great

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2011
Jody dorton on church St. She is great!!!! And reasonable.

Since: Oct 10

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Apr 13, 2011
well wrote:
I am new to the area and a recent cosmetology graduate....are there anymore nice places? I will be applying to places soon!
Go work for Liquid Hair Salon on Nettleton across from Steamrollers
flower-child

Little Rock, AR

#11 Apr 13, 2011
You should def try out the salon on nettleton call Liquid hair studio. the girls are awesome and super sweet and prices are very reasonable bc the girls always run specials. i got a hilight, cut, manicure and pedicre and wax from cindy for $100.. pampered @ a great price. i can find her number if u r interested.
Sarah

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Apr 15, 2011
Jody at julianas day spa is the best in town!! I love her very talented and reasonable on prices!
Been there

Jonesboro, AR

#13 Apr 15, 2011
well wrote:
The nicer places charge booth rent. They will hire everybody who can afford to pay booth rent but if your right out of school and don't have any experience or customers it would be better to work at one of the other places that pays you a salary to do walk in customers until you get good enough to go out on your own.
Hair Biz

Caraway, AR

#14 Apr 18, 2011
NewInTown wrote:
I am fairly new to the area and I am looking for a really good hair stylist. I do a lot of color on my hair and I am particular about the cut. I have tried Regis, Twisted Scissors, and Hair Inc and I still have not found "the one".
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much.
I have been around several hair stylist for several years selling beauty supplies, now retired. Have seen the new ones that were fairly good,some cutting hair for over twenty years that still move from place to place. One of the best is a young woman in J.C. Penny's Hair Salon. With a natural knack for hair color and one of the best cutters ive seen, Laura Pollard. Another one that knows her work, both color and cut is Tara Beth. For the life of me I cant think of her last name, or where she moved to, but im sure she is still in Jonesboro, possibly on Nettleton across from Hays. She was good straight out of beauty school , also in her thirties. There are several good ones, but finding one can be a trick.
Andrea

Alexander, AR

#15 Apr 18, 2011
I use Amanda Carter at Sugarfree Rockstar over in the marketplace. She does a great job, and prices are reasonable. When my red dye faded she touched it up free of charge! She is super sweet and I never leave unhappy. A few girls I know also go to her and rave about her! Everyone in the salon is super nice! I also am very particular about my hair.
helpful

United States

#16 Apr 18, 2011
Laci at allure is really great she does exactly what you want been a bunch of places and shes the only one that can do my whole families right.prices are reasonable too.worth checking out
joke

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Apr 18, 2011
flower-child wrote:
You should def try out the salon on nettleton call Liquid hair studio. the girls are awesome and super sweet and prices are very reasonable bc the girls always run specials. i got a hilight, cut, manicure and pedicre and wax from cindy for $100.. pampered @ a great price. i can find her number if u r interested.
Nice way to advertise yourself !!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 18, 2011
Either Lee at Tangled, Jody on Church Street, or Heather at Liquid. I know all these personally and I can tell you Lee at Tangled is the one who used to work at MasterCuts in the mall but quit, he's the only one who has ever cut my fiances hair and he has cut the rest of my fiances family's hair for years. He's done mine and I've never had a problem with it, I've loved it every time. Oh side note though, he will ask you before what you want done and tell you what he thinks would look great on you. 9 times out of 10 his opinion is better than what you thought you wanted in the first place.
AMY

Frisco, TX

#19 Apr 19, 2011
I go to jody on church street. She always does awesome! There's another girl that works there that is really good too can't think of her name but I've used her when Jody couldn't get to me.

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Apr 20, 2011
Wow! One vote each for everbody with a pair of scissors! That really narrows down the search.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats, Fake News Media Exploit Sgt. La Davi... 2 hr Trump The Dumpste... 6
Hillary Nailed On Uranium Deal 2 hr Trump The Dumpste... 51
Las Vegas Survivor Abruptly Dies Days After Pos... 3 hr you know 62
Friends 4 hr Opinion 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr BARNEYII 40,049
Parker homestead festival 5 hr Leelou 1
Greg Allen 6 hr Guest 42

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance