Who dat

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

I'm a disabled vet. Who if I could live without them I would.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
because of the high rate of abuse of Rx pain meds officials are being forced to place so many limits and rules on doctors concerning hydrocodone and other Rx pain meds that people who need them and take them responsibly and as directed are finding it harder and harder to get them.
Limits? Since all it takes is one hydrocodone pill to ease the pain then the 90 or 120 pills a month that a doctor is able to prescribe should be plenty unlike over the counter pain pills. It usually takes taking numerous over the counter pain pills at once for them to even work.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Who dat wrote:
I'm a disabled vet. Who if I could live without them I would.
Yeah i can see what you're saying. I have radiating nerve pain from pinched nerves and inflammation all up and down my spine that's not getting any better as i get older. What has caused all this i really don't know. It's not quite bad enough for any kind of surgical procedure but i really would not want surgery even if it was. The only other option is a chiropractor popping my back every week.
Just Saying

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Limits? Since all it takes is one hydrocodone pill to ease the pain then the 90 or 120 pills a month that a doctor is able to prescribe should be plenty unlike over the counter pain pills. It usually takes taking numerous over the counter pain pills at once for them to even work.
You're missing what I'm saying. Doctors are prescribing these meds less and less because the number if people abusing them are rising. Of course 90-120 pills would be enough for someone taking then only as prescribed but ones who only take them to get the opiate "high" take 5, 10 even 20 pills at a time. Docs don't like taking the chance of getting labeled "easy" on writing scripts for opiates now so a lot won't prescribe them for more than a month or 2 even for someone with a chronic pain condition and some have stopped writing rx's for them at all and will refer you to a pain management center instead for alternative treatments.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Since they are an opiate then it only takes one pill to be effective and since they usually contain only 325mg of Tylenol per pill then there is no real reason for safety concerns.
Hydrocodone is very effective remedy, used to relieve moderate to severe pain in a variety of conditions. it is superior to commonly used over the counter pain killers in several aspects. Hydrocodone, unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory over the counter drugs does not cause gastric irritation and inflammation on even prolonged use. Gastric safety and efficacy in moderate to severe pain, makes Hydrocodone a better choice than over the counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs.
Guest31

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

It is important for those suffering from a painful, chronic injury or illness to be able to manage their pain in order to function as much as they can under the circumstances, but Hydrocodone is still made too accessible by irresponsible doctors. It kills people by the thousands every year. It should only be administered to patients that are having to stay in the hospitals for a time. People in general are just not grown-up enough to handle it. It's too much of a problem.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Guest31 wrote:
It should only be administered to patients that are having to stay in the hospitals for a time.
That would be morphine you're talking about.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Guest31 wrote:
It is important for those suffering from a painful, chronic injury or illness to be able to manage their pain in order to function as much as they can under the circumstances, but Hydrocodone is still made too accessible by irresponsible doctors. It kills people by the thousands every year. It should only be administered to patients that are having to stay in the hospitals for a time. People in general are just not grown-up enough to handle it. It's too much of a problem.
You're just an evil person who thinks others should have to live their daily lives in physical pain.
Guest31

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>You're just an evil person who thinks others should have to live their daily lives in physical pain.
I'm not evil. I just think they need to redo a few things.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Guest31 wrote:
Hydrocodone is still made too accessible by irresponsible doctors. It kills people by the thousands every year.
Anything can be abused and kill people. Alcohol and over the counter drugs kill thousands every year also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

229 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How to Tell a Democrat from a Republican 28 min Leftist Puke 38
quran in Christian churchrs 31 min Leftist Puke 9
Being gay is wrong!!! (Feb '10) 35 min Truth 4,402
Tom Cotton endorses affordable care for ‘every ... 52 min Barton Farley 62
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 54 min Huh 27,905
road barrons mc (Jun '12) 54 min guest 68
outback steakhouse = sorry food ! 55 min Outback 13
Simple things my 8yr old understands but libera... 1 hr liberal lynn 99
•••