|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Just another guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they figured out that they can get a "high" off of them if they take well above the recommended dosage. Problem is most of them don't do any reasearch on the effects of taking something that contains that much Tylenol and end up damaging their liver over time or end up with liver failure if they take a large enough dose at once.
If someone in pain can't get prescribed hydrocodone then what's stop them from getting liquor and Tylenol to ease the pain? Are you saying it's wrong to use hydrocodone as prescribed but then ok to drink liquor?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Manda wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are opiates and they wanna get high off them.
What would you rather have someone do for their pain? Take hydrocodone for their pain or get drunk after taking some tylenol? Seems everybody thinks it's ok to liquor up but then they want to damn you to h3ll for taking a prescription med.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Who dat wrote:
<quoted text>still haven't answered my ? Why do drug users want hydrocodone .if there just a pain reliever
So you're assuming that everybody wanting a prescription for hydrocodone is a drug user instead of someone in legitimate pain? Why don't you pay for a drug test for people before you go assuming that they are a drug user just because they take a prescription pain med or just quit assuming.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

88 leopard wrote:
Because so many idiots will take too much of anything they think they can get a buzz off of. Makes it hard for people in real pain to get a rx for it.
? why would this even matter anyway since they put a limit on how much one person can be prescribed?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Who dat wrote:
<quoted text>still haven't answered my ? Why do drug users want hydrocodone .if there just a pain reliever
So you're saying that the legal use of legally prescribed hydrocodone cuts down on your street sales of illegal drugs.
Just another guest

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>If someone in pain can't get prescribed hydrocodone then what's stop them from getting liquor and Tylenol to ease the pain? Are you saying it's wrong to use hydrocodone as prescribed but then ok to drink liquor?
How did you get that out of what I said? I didn't say anything about alcohol period or that there's anything wrong with taking pain medication when you're in pain. I just answered the question asked! People do abuse them but there are also people who take them like they're prescribed but the druggies are making it harder for the ones who actually need them and don't abuse them to get them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>? why would this even matter anyway since they put a limit on how much one person can be prescribed?
People who abuse Rx drugs are known for "doctor shopping", so really there isn't a limit on how many they can get prescribed to them. Add that the the amount they buy off the streets and there's your answer to why it would matter.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

i dont see why everyone wants hydrocodone.they dont do anything for me but make me a little sleepy
Who dat

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Your system has built up a tolorance for them.
Who dat

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

I hear they sell for around 10.00 dollars a pill on the street.so Icahn see why someone would want a prescription.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Who dat wrote:
i have not taken maybe 20 of them my entire life.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Who dat wrote:
Who is "your" that you are talking too? Get off the crack.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Who dat wrote:
I hear they sell for around 10.00 dollars a pill on the street.so Icahn see why someone would want a prescription.
You "heard" they sell for $10.00 a pill? Seems you know a lot of street stuff on drugs. So you started selling hydros on the street ?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

88 leopard wrote:
<quoted text>
Add that the the amount they buy off the streets and there's your answer to why it would matter.
Where would the pills on the street come from?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

88 leopard wrote:
<quoted text>
People who abuse Rx drugs are known for "doctor shopping", so really there isn't a limit on how many they can get prescribed to them.
Yeah but if a patient gets caught getting them from more than one doctor then they could get in trouble since there are laws against this.

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

But really why all the fuss about legally prescribed hydros all of a sudden? Why not fuss as well about all the other more powerful prescription pain pills that people use?

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

guest wrote:
i dont see why everyone wants hydrocodone.they dont do anything for me but make me a little sleepy
Advil(ibuprofen), Aleve(naproxen) and Bayer (aspirin) do nothing but make me real sleepy.
Just Saying

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but if a patient gets caught getting them from more than one doctor then they could get in trouble since there are laws against this.
The risk of getting caught doesn't stop people from doing it. Same as with "street drugs" people risk getting in trouble and jail time to feed their habit. The only difference in the two is that because of the high rate of abuse of Rx pain meds officials are being forced to place so many limits and rules on doctors concerning hydrocodone and other Rx pain meds that people who need them and take them responsibly and as directed are finding it harder and harder to get them. "Doctor shopping" and ER visits where people claim to have pain just to get these meds is quiet common despite the fact that you can end up in trouble for it.
Just Saying

Wolfe City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Where would the pills on the street come from?
Some people who get monthly prescriptions for them but don't need them often sell them, either at a set price per pill or they sell their whole Rx for a large amount of money. There are also a large number of pharmacies being burglarized these days and the meds being stolen are then sold on the street.
Who dat

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

I do take them.i used to get my scrip. In the mail but it was stolen from my mail box once and I called the police and they told me that druggies would steal them to use or sell on the street.thats been 3or 4 yrs ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Jonesboro Forum right now

Search the Jonesboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
milita heading to the border 20 min Sacred Trey 437
Sasha J 24 min interested 12
Vacant nursing home on Southwest Dr 51 min guest 5
Lauren Frogge 1 hr Candace Crawford 76
Wet/Dry issue 1 hr guest 224
Dipshit Heaven 2 hr Guest 1
Is Rodney Robbins a Creep ? 2 hr dieselmechanic1976 35
Baggers Used to Bltch about Jack Booted Thugs b... 6 hr Fo Show 40
•••