Marc Despains Parent's Interview on KAIT

Marc Despains Parent's Interview on KAIT

Posted in the Jonesboro Forum

Gregory, AR

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Great job for KAIT interviewing Marc Despain's parents! How heart breaking it was to see the pain they are suffering. It is so good to know that the investigation is still on going; so different than was reported in the article in The Sun where Michelle Despain is suing the insurance company. Praying for complete justice and for the family to have peace!

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Apr 20, 2012
guest wrote:
Great job for KAIT interviewing Marc Despain's parents! How heart breaking it was to see the pain they are suffering. It is so good to know that the investigation is still on going; so different than was reported in the article in The Sun where Michelle Despain is suing the insurance company. Praying for complete justice and for the family to have peace!
Oh wow. I wished I could have seen it. Please do not give up. Even though we are not calling prosecutors office we are all watching this very closely!!!!!

Did they outright mention Michelle? Or just insinuate people of interest?

Paragould, AR

#3 Apr 20, 2012
So well put!!
Angry

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Apr 20, 2012
Where is the headstone?????? If you can get your nails done , shop, buy new cars; you can buy a headstone!!! Get one now Michelle

Walnut Ridge, AR

#5 Apr 20, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow. I wished I could have seen it. Please do not give up. Even though we are not calling prosecutors office we are all watching this very closely!!!!!
Did they outright mention Michelle? Or just insinuate people of interest?
log onto kait website, its on there

Gregory, AR

#6 Apr 20, 2012
JONESBORO, AR (KAIT)- Jack and Tana Despain brought flowers to the grave of their son, Marc E. Despain, on what would have been his 35th birthday earlier this week.

"He was a strong, upstanding young man. Proud to call him my son," said Jack Despain.

"Wonderful kid, outgoing. Never met a stranger," recalls Tana Despain. Both detail happy memories set against a backdrop of pain in recent years. The Despains tell a story of grief--and not just over their son's murder last year.

"The last five years have been a lot of hell. I don't wish that upon anybody," said Jack, Marc's father.

Not only do the Despains mourn Marc's death, but the fact that they never got to fix a rift--a huge divide in their family.

"She accused Jack of inappropriate behavior," said Tana.

Documents from the Craighead County Sheriff's Department show Marc Despain filed a report against his father alleging sexual indecency with a child.

"Strong sexual allegations," said Jack. "They never took place and I was torn apart."

Jack Despain underwent a polygraph test. The results of where were inconclusive. The case closed due to a lack of cooperation from the alleged victim and her parents.

"That's where the family split," said Jack Despain.

But at the time of the split, Jack and Tana jointly owned rental property with Marc and Michelle. Jack and Tana say Michelle's father, Carl Kelly, was also involved in the family's rental business.

"As everyone knows now, Carl had access to that. He was picking up the rent. We were to split the profits at the end of the year. That never happened," said Tana.

Kelly is charged in Marc's death. Since the time of Marc's death, the Despains say the creditors came calling and they had to file for bankruptcy.

One of the three men accused in Marc Despain's murder lived at 1512 Broadmoor. According to Jack Despain, Johnny Hubbard was a tenant in their rental properties. Hubbard's car, the alleged getaway car, sits at the Despain's house, a reminder of their son's fate.

The Prosecuting Attorney's office tells us the investigation into Marc's death is ongoing and more charges could be filed. But there's no indication if or when that might happen.

"As a mother, I wished I had reached out sooner and maybe bridged the gap that we had," said Tana.

"Lots of people tell me I'm a big guy, but I've balled more in the past six months than I have in 55 years. I just want justice. I want justice for my son," said Jack.

Michelle Despain declined an on-camera interview with K8 News. But, she did say that the children remembered their father's birthday in a very private way this week.

Michelle's father, Carl Kelly, Johnny Hubbard and Terrance Barker are due back in court on April 25th.

Copyright 2012 KAIT. All rights reserved.

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2012
Why do the Despain's have the getaway car? I saw the interview but I couldn't make sense of that part. As for the comment about the headstone, I had a family member who had to wait for almost a year before they got the one they ordered, so I guess it's not uncommon for a grave to not have one for several months. Although that's probably not the case here.
Wow

United States

#8 Apr 20, 2012
It all has been so hard for most of us. Marc was such a great guy! He was always there for his friends and his kids. It seemed like he was a good husband also. You hear so much after a horrible tragic death like his... So many unanswered questions. I know his kids miss him so much and I'm sure so does Michelle. I know all of his friends do for sure. Maybe one day it will make more sense when the trial begins and they have the scums in the court room hopefully under pressure. I didn't see the interview with his parents but I feel like they have been mistreated thru all of this. I also really never believed jack did that, and I really don't even know him. Just a gut feeling about a lot of it and ready to see how it unravels!...RIP Marc you and your wonderful smile will always be remembered!!!!

Walnut Ridge, AR

#9 Apr 23, 2012
Michelle missing him???? Highly doubtful!!
Still Wondering

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Jul 28, 2012
I never have heard why they have that car. It must be torture for them to look at it every day knowing that it was instrumental in the death of their son. I think I'd want to shoot it full of holes since it's illegal to do that to it's owner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Koch Brothers...... (Aug '15) 9 min Barton Farley 12
Police cars rushing to NEA 12 min Shane 6
BREAKING: Post DNC Poll Shows Clinton Got GIANT... 16 min Guest 3
Trump Is a Liar. Clinton Is Not. 17 min Christmas Hunter 56
How bad was Hillary's DNC acceptance speech? 21 min guest 11
Pentecostal Beliefs 31 min guest 11
Bernie Supporters Say They’re Voting For Trump 36 min Ms Mama Smiley 4
Satan 50 min superfly 23
Hillary Most Honest Candidate Ever 1 hr Lexi 1,056

Jonesboro Jobs