Craighead Co Sheriff election
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#41 Aug 23, 2011
During this election season I ask that anyone that has something hurtful, lies, or just plain mean things to say think about what you are about to do. It may make you feel like a better person to run someone else down, but think of the families of the person you want to trash. Word gets around even to the little ones and teenagers. It's hard enough to be a kid then some "adult" trashes their parent or sibling. Kids can be mean to other kids because of rumors like the trash that is put on here. So remember your children and family. Would you want that being said about you for them to hear or see? I know I wouldn't.
Kim Goad

Jonesboro, AR

#42 Aug 23, 2011
Read every word in my post. I didn't say I blame Rick for what his son did. I said I don't think the incident was handled well. I don't know Obama, but I am allowed to form an educated opinion and vote on that election. Nathan said his dad was running and asked us to vote for him. I don't think he would be a good representative of our county. Every one else on here is saying who they think would be good or bad. Nothing I have said on here is false. I saw limes delivered. And it was my car the idiots shoe polished in town. Yes, I do drink. And I have gone overboard. But my kids have never been in harms way. EVER. The incident that happened earlier involved 4 kids being kids playing I'll show you mine if you show me yours. All under the age of 10. It was handled by both sets of parents. It is normal behavior for kids their age. Look up Erickson developmental stages. None of them are sexual deviants. What happened at my house the day they were there was his son pantsed my dtr. My son went to do the same to his dtr. and fell on top of her. They were scolded and told they could not copy cartoons where this was being done. The reason they spent the night at my house was because their dad was VERY drunk and did not need to drive with them. My coments on here are not as harmful as those babies needing to looked after by a concerned neighbor while their mom was out of town.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#43 Aug 23, 2011
Kim Goad wrote:
Ricks son came to my home drunk and pointing a gun. My son who had turned 11 days prior went to the door to see him pointing a gun at him and yelling go get your dad. My son screamed "Mr. Nathan has a gun!". My husband and I went to the door where he was pointing a gun at us yelling and telling us it was chambered and waiting for my husband. My husband went to get the phone and called 911 while Nathan Thomas was yelling "go get a gun I don't care. I'm going to kill you anyway!" I opened the door and he was 3 feet away from us with the gun now behind his back. I asked him what was wrong and he never would say. He just kept going on about he was going to take care of my husband right now. Wiley(hubby) returned to the door. Now in the door is my whole family with a man with a gun in my garage. Wiley took the kids to the safe room and I stood in the garage trying to calm him down. He would not talk so I shut the garage door. 45 min. later the police showed up. we gave our statements and were told he would be cuffed, put in the squad car, taken to jail and charged with aggravated assault. 30 minutes later I took my dogs out and him and his dad were simply walking uncuffed to his dads durango. The next day my whole family went to court to get an order of protection. We were given one for my husband, myself, my 8 & 11 year olds. But somehow he was only charged with insane drunken disorderly( a misdomeanor) and told to pay $105 fine. The man has been trying to pick a fight with my husband for months because as he told our other neighbor Jeff-he just doesn't like him. Jack McCann said he alleged my son did something to his 5 year old daughter. He should have just had it out with my husband instead of coming up with some lame story so he could go at Wiley. These are the facts. Would we be treated like this if we pulled this crap? And his son runs his mouth any chance he gets to tell people all of the stuff his dad has done for him. Makes Rick look bad to me. I don't know the man. Nor do I want to. But you form your own opinion.
Sounds to me you are critizing a man you don't even know. His son is a grown man therefore if father is not responsible for his actions. Unlike a minor child who does something then the parents can be held accountable. You can only do your best to raise your children to become good people. If your child did do something to his daughter you should be held accountable for your sons actions. If you turn a blind eye to their problems when they are children, they have a better chance of going astray. I've never heard of Rick Thomas's boy doing any wrong doings. He over reacted yes, but what man wouldn't if the daughter told him some older kid did something to her or tried to?
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

#44 Aug 23, 2011
Kim Goad wrote:
Read every word in my post. I didn't say I blame Rick for what his son did. I said I don't think the incident was handled well. I don't know Obama, but I am allowed to form an educated opinion and vote on that election. Nathan said his dad was running and asked us to vote for him. I don't think he would be a good representative of our county. Every one else on here is saying who they think would be good or bad. Nothing I have said on here is false. I saw limes delivered. And it was my car the idiots shoe polished in town. Yes, I do drink. And I have gone overboard. But my kids have never been in harms way. EVER. The incident that happened earlier involved 4 kids being kids playing I'll show you mine if you show me yours. All under the age of 10. It was handled by both sets of parents. It is normal behavior for kids their age. Look up Erickson developmental stages. None of them are sexual deviants. What happened at my house the day they were there was his son pantsed my dtr. My son went to do the same to his dtr. and fell on top of her. They were scolded and told they could not copy cartoons where this was being done. The reason they spent the night at my house was because their dad was VERY drunk and did not need to drive with them. My coments on here are not as harmful as those babies needing to looked after by a concerned neighbor while their mom was out of town.
From what I hear it is not the first time he has done that to other children. Maybe you should be concerned about your own life instead of trying to ruin other peoples lives. You are degrading a man that you don't know anything about just to get at his son. Shame on you. What about your drunkedness? I heard you fell on your face and busted it or the time you had to be half carried out of a bar? I believe you had to have stitches maybe? You are no saint.
special lady

Jonesboro, AR

#45 Aug 23, 2011
I wouldn't judge a person on his family, it's that person's actions that speak for them. I see people here trying to hurt others or make them mad. You made your point Kim Goad. If you didn't want to defend it then don't put it out there for everyone to see and judge. If my children were involved I wouldn't even have mentioned it. That's just me though. I think it's time to end that post. This is about an election with some good men running. We should focus on what they could bring to our community instead for revenge fest. As far as I know neither Nathan or Rick Thomas is running so it's a mute point. Good luck canidates and I hope you don't have to put up with the smut that has been going on.
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#46 Aug 23, 2011
guest wrote:
Dwight Tosh retired Capt. Arkansas State Police would make a great Sheriff. He has the leadership ability and a understanding about what this county needs. He would not let any outside people influence him. OR
What about that U.S. Marshal that ran afeww years ago?
If I am correct then D. Tosh spent the majority of his career working in Jackson county. I am sure he is a good person and would make that county a great Sheriff. I do know Mr. Peevey, the former U.S. Marshall that you speak of and I would agree that he is a good man. He ran for Sheriff a few years back. I have not heard from him since. Im sure that we will have several people to chose from in this election. I hope everyone takes the time to learn about each candidate before casting there vote. If Marty Boyd does decide to run then I think we will be hard pressed to find a better person to serve as Sheriff of this county!
curious

Jonesboro, AR

#47 Aug 23, 2011
I know the man and woman Kim mentioned above. There is a lot more to the story that she is not telling and I know this for a fact but I am not gonna tell it all over topix cause
I have more respect for people and there family members that do not know about what I am talking about. The family of Kim is no way innocent in the matter she made public.
Kim Goad

Jonesboro, AR

#48 Aug 23, 2011
Feel free to voice your opinion. I have stated what happened. Please tell me what we did to deserve all of this. It's a matter of public record anyway.
My opinion of Rick is based on his actions.
If you think any of the kids behavior has to do with sex you are an idiot!
guest

Harrisburg, AR

#49 Aug 23, 2011
No matter who gets elected, it will never be perfect. They will have their buddies who they will let go when they commit crimes and there supporters who give money will have run of this county like they always have. Money rules everything....and if you have it you can do almost anything with no consequences. I know what I speak, someone who has that much power is hard to keep honest and ethical for EVERYONE. Simple fact is, if you are poor and get arrested, you are screwed. If you have money, you get treated totally different...so much for this deliberate indifference county always preaches. I think honestly we need someone from outside that has no ties to anyone....but that will never happen. I have little faith in anyone anymore sadly enough. There is no brotherhood in this business, hard to say if there ever was. The good ones who try often get burned out because of the politcal BS and go into another line of work. I hope that whoever gets elected at least changes the way it is a little for the better.
Guest

Monette, AR

#50 Aug 23, 2011
Kim Goad wrote:
Feel free to voice your opinion. I have stated what happened. Please tell me what we did to deserve all of this. It's a matter of public record anyway.
My opinion of Rick is based on his actions.
If you think any of the kids behavior has to do with sex you are an idiot!
. You based your opinion on your problem with your neighbor. It's obvious. No body mentioned "sex" but you. I feel for both families having to go through this, for all children concerned don't make it a public forum
Kim Goad

Jonesboro, AR

#51 Aug 23, 2011
I hope there is a change for the good. Someone who will treat everyone fairly and equally. The way law enforcement should be ran. With no regard for your socioeconomic class, race, or any other factors.
Faith

Monette, AR

#52 Aug 23, 2011
I would vote for Rick Thomas if he runs. Marty Boyd would be my second choice. Both are fair & impartial. I know that from experience not gossip. Good luck to either one.
Kim Goad

Jonesboro, AR

#53 Aug 23, 2011
Yes I did mention sex. Let's put it out there in the open. No one has directly said what he is accusing my son of. This was made public knowledge when the police had to be involved. Yet he gave no statement. NONE of the children did anything. But it happened to children. My children have been instructed to stay away from the other kids for their safety. And because there is a no contact order for them. They have also been instructed not to hold what their dad did against them. They had no control over it.
run

Jonesboro, AR

#54 Aug 23, 2011
Bob Peevey is the U.S. Marshal
MeZ

Blytheville, AR

#56 Aug 23, 2011
old timer wrote:
I would have to vote for Marty Boyd. Good man and a hard worker.
Check his training records on the department then get back w me. Marty - jack. Two of same.
Guest

United States

#57 Aug 23, 2011
I wouldn't vote for Rick if he was the only one running. Hopefully, he'll stay out of it.
Guest

Seymour, IN

#58 Aug 24, 2011
What about Dwight Tosh for Sheriff????
guest

Jonesboro, AR

#59 Aug 24, 2011
Guest wrote:
What about Dwight Tosh for Sheriff????
Never heard of him
ricky

Jonesboro, AR

#60 Aug 24, 2011
I will cast my vote for Marty Boyd. I know him, and have worked with him for several years. He is a great guy and is very devoted to the welfare of Craighead County.
not the real Larry Kelly

United States

#61 Aug 24, 2011
I reckon you goofs need to consider me for the job, Ima put all the drug dealers out of business, gonna knock some heads together, I got me a big ole stick and I ain't afraid to use it. Come on and talk me. we got to clean up this county, getr rid of all the booze and the hookers, well we can keep a few hookers on Huntington, though I do like that one girl with the open sores. wat do yall say?

btw Ricks a dick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear farmers who voted for Trump: 11 min thank you PresTrump 9
One third of our tax cuts are now going into ou... 47 min Guest 92
In love 1 hr Anonymous 22
gone 1 hr Guest 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr Laughing At The left 43,225
An open invitation to the ‘baggerless CCC! 2 hr Laughing At The left 104
Walmart Cashiers Not Giving You All Your Bags (Jun '11) 10 hr Lilly Flowers 107

Jonesboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Jonesboro Mortgages