#1 Apr 27, 2009
Anyone else feel this way?
Dissatisfied Customer

Lake Charles, LA

#2 Apr 28, 2009
Ugh. YES!

Bossier City, LA

#3 Apr 28, 2009
the whole new system look cheap worse than a 24.99 dvd player horrible the whole deal is mess up

Little Rock, AR

#4 Apr 28, 2009
It's awful to have to pay for that kind of crap...and what's with scrolling and getting ads! We are looking into satellite...suddenlink sux.

State University, AR

#5 Apr 28, 2009
We've been bashing it for days:
Unhappy in Texas

Bryan, TX

#6 Apr 28, 2009
It's a huge mess. And how does one ever figure out how to record a series.....
tv guide

Little Rock, AR

#7 Apr 28, 2009
give it time. it is much better especially you can see the show you are watching as you scroll the guide.

Since: Jan 09

#8 Apr 28, 2009
You could always see the show when you were looking for stuff. I've got the HD DVR and every time I turn the thing on it comes on channel 1 and some sort of Remote Control training page. It's stupid and pathetic. I'm sick of it. Terrible stuff.

Leesville, LA

#9 Apr 28, 2009
yep, it's bad. Suddenlink sucks. I'm looking for something to switch to now.

Bossier City, LA

#10 Apr 28, 2009
I am fan of suddenlink, but I am afraid that I have to agree. The old motorola cable boxes DCT 6412 were similar to the old MAC computers with the motorola processors, they did video well which always made the MACS better. I think this new guide is made to work with cheaper boxes that they are manufacturing now and yes, I am disappointed. At first I thought I was old but I do not like it at all. The old motorola boxes would run the good guide they had.
cmon now wrote:

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Apr 30, 2009
I HATE THE NEW GUIDE. Can't believe they had the nerve to call it "improved". "Improved" how? They told me that it'll support "on demand"...BULL, my parents (who live in a different city, different company) have the same guide as our previous one and they have "on demand". Suddenlink also said it will make it easier for them to upgrade their equipment. So, it's not really about the customer.

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Apr 30, 2009
I am also looking into switching to something else!
I gave it time

State University, AR

#13 Apr 30, 2009
FOR WEEKS--and it BLOWS!!!!!
On the old guide you could see six or seven channels at one time with a two-hour time span. Also, you could go back to 4:00 to see what was on previously. Not any more!
Suddenlink has dropped the ball YET AGAIN.
I'm switching.

“do not feed the trolls”

Since: Nov 08

Mars Colony

#14 Apr 30, 2009
now how do you expect suddenlink to make money off the ads they put on the new guide and information they they are now collecting about your viewing habits if you all switched to satellite?
This better be good

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Apr 30, 2009
So far the only thing suddenlink has been good for is internet. I have had several different cable providers, including satellite. The price is generally about the same but suddenlink has very little to offer relative to the rest. A whopping 9 HD channels to compare to the hundreds of HD channels available through other SP's. This new guide is coming to my town in a couple of weeks and if it is as bad as you people say it is, then I am officially saying f#@k off to suddenlink and hello to dish.
guest 2

Bossier City, LA

#16 Apr 30, 2009
Unhappy in Texas wrote:
It's a huge mess. And how does one ever figure out how to record a series.....
Anyone with a brain can figure it out.. push record twice then modify your settings and confirm. If you can't handle that how in the hell are you online????
Alltell blackberry

Morrilton, AR

#17 May 1, 2009
Get everyone you know to email them and complain!!

“Just me sharing my opinion”

Since: May 09

Little Elm, TX

#18 May 1, 2009
cmon now wrote:
Ok so why did I wake up and all my stuff on my dvr was gone?? because they decided to update to a new system that sucks!!! I like the old system much better, easier to navigate to search and now I have to do a lot of steps to do one simple thing.

Yeah, need some competition cause the price is ridiculous too, bundle and save my ass!!!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19 May 2, 2009
I'm with Suddenlink. Despite the comments in this thread, we have received a number of other, positive remarks about the new guide, from a number of customers. That new guide was required to enable the future launch of advanced services, like video-on-demand. While I can't change that situation, I can perhaps connect you with someone who can provide information that will hopefully make the new guide more user friendly. Since I don't check this forum regularly, please reach out to me directly at pete-DOT-abel-AT-suddenlink-DO T-com. Thanks.

Russellville, AR

#20 May 3, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mentally ill people 12 min guest 7
Kenny Ben Stevens 13 min guest 26
Anyone know where jason bryant is he would be a... 53 min Momma2018 1
Obama not for blacks he is against Christians. 1 hr guest 7
Assisted living costs in Jonesboro 1 hr Guest 3
SEC Owns College Football 1 hr RBJ 62
Poll Will Barty be able to stay away from Topix? 1 hr guest 53
Planned Parenthood Bagger Shooter GOP Candidate... 1 hr Rupert B Jigglebo... 31
Obama Knows That Turkey Is Buying Oil From ISIS... 2 hr guest 24
Arkansas State Bowl Predictions 3 hr Rupert B Jigglebo... 43