Nea vrs St Bernards ER
NEA Baptist employee

Clovis, NM

#21 Oct 30, 2008
If anyone has legitimate complaints they should go to administration. We do ask that patients try to pay their co-pay upfront, but if it is a true emergency patients are seen, no questions asked. St. Bernards is a non for profit hospital, NEA Baptist is a for profit hospital. What this means is that St. B's doesn't pay taxes and NEA does. If patients have no insurance and really can not pay St. Bernards has a charity program.
Hot 4 Nursie

Lake Charles, LA

#22 Oct 30, 2008
Just a Person wrote:
NEW IS A LOT BETTER....if u wanta be ignored and take hours upon hours to get in and out go to St. Bernards.....and the eye candy is great at NEA to...jennifer is HOT
Gawddd...Jennifer
I ain't got a fever; got a permanent disease.
And it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy.
I got lots of money, but it isn't what I need.
Gonna take more than a shot to get this poison outta me.
And I got all the symptoms.
Count 'em 1 2 3.
First you need (that's what you get for fallin' in love)
Then you bleed (you get a little, that is never enough)
Gettin' on your knees (that's what you get for fallin' in love)
Now this boy's addicted 'cause your kiss is the drug.
Whoa oh oh.
Your love is like bad medicine.
Bad medicine is what I need. Whoa oh oh.
Shake it up just like bad medicine.
There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease.
Bad, bad medicine.
I don't need no needle to be givin' me a thrill.
And I don't need no anesthesia or nurse to bring a pill.
I got a dirty down addiction that doesn't leave a track.
I got a jolt for your affection like a monkey on my back.
There ain't no EMT gonna save this heart attack.
When you need (that's what you get for fallin' in love)
Then you bleed (you get a little that is never enough)
Gettin' on your knees (that's what you get for fallin' in love)
Now this boy's addicted 'cause Jennifer your kiss is the drug.
Whoa oh oh.
Bad medicine is what I need.
Whoa oh oh.
So let's play doctor, baby, cure my disease
Bad, bad medicine.
That's what I want.
Bad, bad medicine.
That's what I need
I need a 8L of O2 'cause I'm runnin' outta breath.
Jennifer you're an all night generator wrapped in a stethescope and hospital scrubs.
When you buy your medicine you take what you can get.
If there's just somethin' better, baby, well I haven't found it yet.
Whoa oh oh.
There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease.
Your love, bad medicine.
Your love's the potion that can cure my disease.
Bad, bad medicine.
That's what I want.
Bad, bad medicine.
Hoot baby. Hoot baby.
I gotta go, I gotta, I gotta go, I gotta,
I gotta, I gotta, I gotta do it again.
Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Hold on.
I'm not done. One more time... with feelin'.
Come on... alright.
Jennifer help me out now.
Jennifer you got the potion that can cure my disease.
Your love, bad medicine.
Your kiss is what I need.
Your love, bad medicine.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#23 Oct 31, 2008
guest wrote:
Just went to NEA a few weeks ago and I received great service and care from everyone! We actually had no waiting on a Sunday morning around 2 a.m. Everyone was nice!! NEA is our preference by far.
About the money and insurance issue: I pay for my insurance and so can others. No its not cheap but thats a choice that I make. Most everyone can get some kind of insurance if they choose too. So I can't blame NEA for wanting their money. That's life. You have to pay for services you receive...health care included. NEA will even give you a high percentage off your total bill if you will pay it all at once! You should call and ask instead of assuming the worst!
What part of I had over 8000 cash in my wallet did you miss? healthcare isnt about the money, nowhere in the oath does it say get your money first.

Location hidden

#24 Oct 31, 2008
NEA Baptist employee wrote:
If anyone has legitimate complaints they should go to administration. We do ask that patients try to pay their co-pay upfront, but if it is a true emergency patients are seen, no questions asked. St. Bernards is a non for profit hospital, NEA Baptist is a for profit hospital. What this means is that St. B's doesn't pay taxes and NEA does. If patients have no insurance and really can not pay St. Bernards has a charity program.
Once again, I was more than willing to pay my entire bill, in full. My complaint was that a nurse, not a doctor, was trying to evaluate my condition and was basing her opinion on my self pay status, my appearance?..and she was downright rude about it, and her biased uppity attitude could have cost me my health. As far as insurance goes, my premium is 177.50 a month now, thats 2130.00 a year. On average I see a doctor 1 time a year, so by paying cash, on average I save over 2000 a year. Could explain why I am able to carry large amounts of cash, because I dont give it to insurance companies for "just in case scenarious".
Take the 2 grand a year I save, invest it, or put it in savings, if I get sick, I have the money to pay, if not, I have a savings and a seperate retirement account. I learned this from my grandfather, who died at 94, and left his children several thousands of acres, two profitable businesses, and enough money for each child (9) to bury him, pay his debts, and still invest in their own futures. irrelevant, but what is important is that the medical profession has to realize that all people deserve respect, wether you believe they are below poverty or wealthy, insured or uninsured, sick or healthy.

Jonesboro/Trumann

#25 Oct 31, 2008
Personal experience also...NEA! I was really about to die..I had been bleeding internal for about 2 weeks and they were great and saved my life...I had a tubal done and got pregnant and since my tubes were tied the baby never passed through the tubes and caused one to burst...I felt like I had the stomach virus so didn't go to the doctor..I woke up one morning and couldn't walk without fainting I was rushed to the ER within an hour they figured out what was wrong and did emergency surgery...they told me if I had waited 30 more minutes to go to ER I would have died! There were great with my family and me. They even called after I got home to chk on me. I have been to STB too with my children and they take hours and not very clean so I always use NEA if I have to make any ER visits.
Smitten

United States

#26 Oct 31, 2008
crazybob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I was more than willing to pay my entire bill, in full. My complaint was that a nurse, not a doctor, was trying to evaluate my condition and was basing her opinion on my self pay status, my appearance?..and she was downright rude about it, and her biased uppity attitude could have cost me my health. As far as insurance goes, my premium is 177.50 a month now, thats 2130.00 a year. On average I see a doctor 1 time a year, so by paying cash, on average I save over 2000 a year. Could explain why I am able to carry large amounts of cash, because I dont give it to insurance companies for "just in case scenarious".
Take the 2 grand a year I save, invest it, or put it in savings, if I get sick, I have the money to pay, if not, I have a savings and a seperate retirement account. I learned this from my grandfather, who died at 94, and left his children several thousands of acres, two profitable businesses, and enough money for each child (9) to bury him, pay his debts, and still invest in their own futures. irrelevant, but what is important is that the medical profession has to realize that all people deserve respect, wether you believe they are below poverty or wealthy, insured or uninsured, sick or healthy.
Hey Bob, I'm an ER nurse......and I love you!!!! Love your thinking, and we will see you over at St B's anytime, wear your scruffies, we don't care!! Might take us awhile if your not there for an emergency, but we will get to you!! And we will never ask you for money during your visit------ever. If you do show up with an emergency, we will find a spot for you pronto. I have, on several occasions, came back with a patient in distress, knowing there is not one single bed open, and said "I need a bed, find me a place, NOW". And they do, might be a hallway stretcher, or in the trauma room, whatever, but you will get treated. And that's the way it should be.

Location hidden

#27 Oct 31, 2008
Smitten wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bob, I'm an ER nurse......and I love you!!!! Love your thinking, and we will see you over at St B's anytime, wear your scruffies, we don't care!! Might take us awhile if your not there for an emergency, but we will get to you!! And we will never ask you for money during your visit------ever. If you do show up with an emergency, we will find a spot for you pronto. I have, on several occasions, came back with a patient in distress, knowing there is not one single bed open, and said "I need a bed, find me a place, NOW". And they do, might be a hallway stretcher, or in the trauma room, whatever, but you will get treated. And that's the way it should be.
Well thank you, and I love you nurses too! You have a wonderful heart and true passion for people. You have to have those qualities to do your job, and your exactly the ONLY type of person who should be doing what you do! To many people get into nursing because of the pay, not the passion. So you have my utmost respect and gratitude, and thank you from everyone, including me, for just doing what you do. Sometimes we forget to say it, but we all know just how important you are to our lives, and our well being, so once again, from the bottom of my old weak heart, thank you!
duh

Nashville, AR

#28 Oct 31, 2008
hot 4 nursie-you are an idiot all that typing to quote a bad bon jovi song? way to get the girl! ha

Georgetown, TX

#29 Nov 3, 2008
james brown66 wrote:
<quoted text>u need to contact Jim Boswell on this matter NEA Main office. he will take care of this matter at the NEA
You really think that would help. My husband went for a test in out patient surgery. When he checked in they ask for the co-pay which they said was $100. Should told us that we should not owe anything else. We got the bill and with insurance we still owe $600. The total bill was $1800 and the letter we got today which was the first said we have 30days to pay. That is not right.
Nana

Caraway, AR

#30 Nov 3, 2008
I took my grandson to St Bernards ER two weeks ago, we got in and out in a very timely manner. Their ER has always been clean when I have been there. Their staff was friendly and took very good care of us.
Surfer

Lake Charles, LA

#31 Nov 3, 2008
duh wrote:
hot 4 nursie-you are an idiot all that typing to quote a bad bon jovi song? way to get the girl! ha
Whoa like that was way harsh, dude

Clovis, NM

#32 Nov 3, 2008
crazybob wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob...u are crazy!
Both

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Nov 3, 2008
Both are good for true emergencies. Neither appreciates people who have been sick a day or two and just didn't bother to go to their family doctor. Emergency room about sums it up.

Since: Nov 08

Georgetown, TX

#34 Nov 4, 2008
I work at St Bernards ER for my "real" job (which I enjoy, must enjoy since I went to school for 4 years to be able to do it!)

What really upsets me the most are the people that will come to ER and take up space and time for a freakin COLD! Come on people, got to wal-mart and buy some cheap Equate brand cold medicine and go home!

The wait time at St Bernards is a direct relationship to the number of non-emergent clinic patients that should have gone to a clinic, but instead of doing that, they come to the ER and waste valuable resources and time to be treated for minor things that would go away on their own!

Many are Medicaid patients, so if you want to see where the waste is in Medicaid, it's not because the hospitals are overcharging, it's because the patients are denied the most basic of preventative care coverage by Medicaid!

What do you think is cheaper? A visit to a doctor's office or clinic? or a visit to the ER? From what I know, the visit to the ER will cost the Medicaid program 10 times the cost of a visit to a doctor's office or clinic.

Location hidden

#35 Nov 4, 2008
GlamPhotog wrote:
I work at St Bernards ER for my "real" job (which I enjoy, must enjoy since I went to school for 4 years to be able to do it!)
What really upsets me the most are the people that will come to ER and take up space and time for a freakin COLD! Come on people, got to wal-mart and buy some cheap Equate brand cold medicine and go home!
The wait time at St Bernards is a direct relationship to the number of non-emergent clinic patients that should have gone to a clinic, but instead of doing that, they come to the ER and waste valuable resources and time to be treated for minor things that would go away on their own!
Many are Medicaid patients, so if you want to see where the waste is in Medicaid, it's not because the hospitals are overcharging, it's because the patients are denied the most basic of preventative care coverage by Medicaid!
What do you think is cheaper? A visit to a doctor's office or clinic? or a visit to the ER? From what I know, the visit to the ER will cost the Medicaid program 10 times the cost of a visit to a doctor's office or clinic.
Once again, I agree with non emergency patients holding up the ER process, which is why they see patients in order of "need for care". My question would then be.." how can my condition be treated at NEA as one that doesnt need immediate medical treatment, or non- emergency, and then be treated 20 minutes later at St. Bernards as a life threatening condition?" The other statements are valued opinions, and very true where your position lies, but how about a non insured person, who really cant afford a Dr visit, cant afford a clinic visit? Of course they use emergency rooms as their personal Dr.'s office. Its not right, but its the way our medical system is set up in this country. Now, a person like me, who has the money to pay, its a choice. I personally have this opinion, I hire a tax attorney for my taxes, a lawyer for my legal advice, a cook to cook my food etc...I would not need my cook advising me on my tax issues, nor a nurse advising me on my financial planning or my financial budget. I am not a genius, but I do believe that a nurses job in the hospital has nothing to do with bookeeping, financial evaluations, or credit management, not even collections. So maybe nurses should do their jobs, doctors theirs, and financial administration theirs, and let the patient decide where they want to go for their ailments, and then you decide in what order they should be seen in, not wether they should even be seen at all.

Since: Nov 08

Georgetown, TX

#36 Nov 4, 2008
crazybob wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, I agree with non emergency patients holding up the ER process, which is why they see patients in order of "need for care". My question would then be.." how can my condition be treated at NEA as one that doesnt need immediate medical treatment, or non- emergency, and then be treated 20 minutes later at St. Bernards as a life threatening condition?" The other statements are valued opinions, and very true where your position lies, but how about a non insured person, who really cant afford a Dr visit, cant afford a clinic visit? Of course they use emergency rooms as their personal Dr.'s office. Its not right, but its the way our medical system is set up in this country. Now, a person like me, who has the money to pay, its a choice. I personally have this opinion, I hire a tax attorney for my taxes, a lawyer for my legal advice, a cook to cook my food etc...I would not need my cook advising me on my tax issues, nor a nurse advising me on my financial planning or my financial budget. I am not a genius, but I do believe that a nurses job in the hospital has nothing to do with bookeeping, financial evaluations, or credit management, not even collections. So maybe nurses should do their jobs, doctors theirs, and financial administration theirs, and let the patient decide where they want to go for their ailments, and then you decide in what order they should be seen in, not wether they should even be seen at all.
I could go deep into my political opinions here but that would take more space and time than I have to give at the moment concerning taxes, government "assistance", finances, money, etc.

Nursing is my second career, before that I got a degree in accounting so I understand the financial aspects of things. Odd combination LOL, nurse and accountant, but hey, never said I wasn't a little odd in the first place.
ahhhhh

Manila, AR

#37 Nov 4, 2008
Local wrote:
So, if you have to be rushed to the ER, which is better. I was in Nea the other night, and the staff there seemed like a bunch of smart asses, they werent very helpful with anything. Just acted like patients or family of patients should know all of there little formalities up front. Anyways, whats the verdict people
were you deamed nonemergent? lol
ahhhhh

Manila, AR

#38 Nov 4, 2008
prxy21 wrote:
I agree St. Bernard's is the BEST! NEA doesn't care about the patient. All they care about is the money. People deserve the right to healthcare. Regardless if they have money or not!
The only problem I see at St. Bernard's is too many people that aren't having emergencies are taking up the space & time of the doctors who do have an emergency. Go to Urgent Care people. They do have a payment plan as well. I don't have insurance so I know this, from experience.
I heard thats why NEA does that nonemergent thing is to try to educate the public on when the ER should be used, and to try to educate people to use the clinics and not fill up the waiting rooms that way the emergencies can be seen quicker.
oh my

Manila, AR

#39 Nov 4, 2008
my experience wrote:
I live out of state and don't know anyone who is employed at either place so maybe this is a fair assessment. I had gone to St. B's several times and had gotten so tired of the wait and the crowd so a couple of years ago when I was having pain down my left arm, I decided to try out NEA. My daughter brought me in. The LPN there was horrible! She was a total smart ass and acted as though she didn't believe anything I said. When the RN came in every now and then, the LPN acted nice when she was in there. My young daughter was getting furious about the whole situation. After no help there, I saw my own dr. the next day and found out I had a torn rotator cuff, which I later had surgery for. From now on, if I absolutely have to go to an er, I'll go to St. Bernards.
what was the LPNs name?

Clovis, NM

#40 Nov 5, 2008
my experience wrote:
I live out of state and don't know anyone who is employed at either place so maybe this is a fair assessment. I had gone to St. B's several times and had gotten so tired of the wait and the crowd so a couple of years ago when I was having pain down my left arm, I decided to try out NEA. My daughter brought me in. The LPN there was horrible! She was a total smart ass and acted as though she didn't believe anything I said. When the RN came in every now and then, the LPN acted nice when she was in there. My young daughter was getting furious about the whole situation. After no help there, I saw my own dr. the next day and found out I had a torn rotator cuff, which I later had surgery for. From now on, if I absolutely have to go to an er, I'll go to St. Bernards.
That is very unfortunate, but you should have gone to administration about your complaints. Also, you usually can not be diagnosed with a rotator cuff tear in the ER, usually you need an arthrogram and an MRI. Most ER docs will just tell you to see a surgeon as soon as possible and he will order these tests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 min BARNEYII 40,774
Holiday Cooking 22 min oh I know 4
Most annoying person on Facebook (Sep '13) 34 min oh I know 23
Dr. Patrick Savage died? How? 8 hr Guest 4
donate plasama (Sep '08) 12 hr Anon 44
Garbage pick up?? (Dec '14) 13 hr City monopoly 18
RNR stole my rims! 16 hr Really 6

Jonesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance